Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hairy

Tonight's matches

I don’t think there is a more disappointing team in football than Spurs. ****ing ****s.

Edited by Jambomo

If I was a betting man I'd wager that the 3 likeliest to go down are us, Watford and Leeds. Us and Leeds concede too many goals and Watford play like a team of individuals. Burnley are battle hardened and will probably scrap to safety, Newcastle will be fine is Saint-Maximin stays fit and Everton are too good to go down imo. Brentford is a maybe but I think they have enough points already to scrape over the line

I hate saying stuff like this because its such a cliche but if we'd have had Smith in charge since the beginning of the season we wouldn't be in this discussion, before playing Man City and Liverpool we'd got a point a game under him and that was with the covid and injury crisis we had. I have faith in this team to put up a good fight and hopefully reach 30 points but we've got too much ground to make up and with our GD you might as well knock another point off of our total

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

If I was a betting man I'd wager that the 3 likeliest to go down are us, Watford and Leeds. Us and Leeds concede too many goals and Watford play like a team of individuals. Burnley are battle hardened and will probably scrap to safety, Newcastle will be fine is Saint-Maximin stays fit and Evertom are too good to go down imo. Brentford is a maybe but I think they have enough points already to scrape over the line

Brentford have one more point than Leeds having played a game more. If Leeds are in it, so are Brentford.

• Like 1

Burnley are basically doing what Wigan used to when they were in the Premier League, I’m not worried about them anymore, just how Newcastle, Brentford and Leeds get on. Newcastle have a massive blow with that player out with a broken metatarsal, and it was him leading their revival.

Watford are dead certs to go now.

Edited by KernowCanary

Told people Leeds were a bit naff this season. Apparently I wasn't allowed to say that because we've also been poor, but I'm saying it anyway.

• Like 5

Finish above Leeds or Brentford and we might stay up. Finish above both and we will stay up. 

Pretty sickening how Burnley have been able to benefit so much from all those postponements they had. Basically had several weeks off, didn’t have to play without their main striker after selling Wood, got a new striker in snd got all their players fit again. Very irritating. That said all still to play for. 

It's between Brentford, Leeds, Watford, and us for me. I think Newcastle, Everton, and Burnley will get a run of form in and pull away - BUT if Everton don't improve soon, they've got a bad end to the season and really could be in trouble.

I think we all thought we were always going to need around 37pts. Nothing changes, other than there's more teams in the fight 

Win the 5 or 6 games we needed to win after drawing with Palace, and we still have a great chance 

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

It's between Brentford, Leeds, Watford, and us for me. I think Newcastle, Everton, and Burnley will get a run of form in and pull away - BUT if Everton don't improve soon, they've got a bad end to the season and really could be in trouble.

Burnley have won TWO games all season. We have them at home. Ludicrous to count them out of it after a win against a Spurs side who clearly had a bit of after they Lord Mayors show about them tonight. 

• Like 1

Just now, glory.win or die. said:

I think we all thought we were always going to need around 37pts. Nothing changes, other than there's more teams in the fight 

Win the 5 or 6 games we needed to win after drawing with Palace, and we still have a great chance 

Just now, glory.win or die. said:

Agree. We’ve always needed 6 wins and that hasn’t changed. 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Burnley have won TWO games all season. We have them at home. Ludicrous to count them out of it after a win against a Spurs side who clearly had a bit of after they Lord Mayors show about them tonight. 

Three as they've just beat Spurs and have by some distance the best defensive record in the whole bottom half of the table. In fact, they've got the seventh-best defensive record (conceded 29). Keeping the ball out isn't their problem, it's getting it in.

However, now many of their players are back a side with that level of defensive nous will keep ticking over with points.

7 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I still don’t see where the confidence in Everton comes from. Maybe it’s wishful thinking but they look as poor as anyone else. 

17 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Told people Leeds were a bit naff this season. Apparently I wasn't allowed to say that because we've also been poor, but I'm saying it anyway.

But but their manager sits on buckets and does not speak a word of Englsh which means he's a world class manager or something, at least that's what the pundits have been saying

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

Exactly this, it doesn't matter what others are doing, we just need to get the points on the board and we'll see where we are at end of season. 

• Like 1