Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Drum at Carrow Rd

Uncle Fred sang its praises at the Valley. A trial run in the Geoffrey Watling stand might be interesting against Palace. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

I don't know whether the guy who is playing the drum is on this forum but I know who it is and he was also with that little collection of Delia Out people who were at an away game recently.

Mixed messages methinks!

Todd retweeted him and I suppose he might think he's famous now 😉

Regarding the drum though. Why not? I think it works. Bring an entire friggin orchestra, I don't mind! 

34 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Uncle Fred sang its praises at the Valley. A trial run in the Geoffrey Watling stand might be interesting against Palace. 

image.jpeg.28c6d30c73419656b2c2438024517cdf.jpeg

Bring it on. Let's get the party going

🤣🤣💥🥳🥳

F83462AB-AE22-49DB-8587-72D79D8ADF67.jpeg.b92caaec671bd6f96355e6d4d0a20d1d.jpeg

Edited by Mengo

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

To paraphrase 1980s Grange Hill, 'drums, just say no'..... 

What about a drum Rol......and 

• Haha 1

I sat near a drum once, had a headache for a week, it’s a definite no from me and I’m sure I won’t be the only one.

1 hour ago, BobLoz3 said:

I don't know whether the guy who is playing the drum is on this forum but I know who it is and he was also with that little collection of Delia Out people who were at an away game recently.

City Elite i believe they are known as. 

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If this guy can ring a bell every home match at Portsmouth for years and years I'm sure we will do alright with a drum😉

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTp5x8GhrcZTBocfGLmbPF

Yes, but he's an annoying **** as well.... 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've been to grounds where the drum ruins the watching experience. Incessant banging on a drum for 90 minutes (which is what can happen) is just noise pollution. Not needed, not welcome and actually restricts spontaneity by the fact that it is such a dominating beat.  Might be a novelty factor to start with, but really it is just a noise.  A bit like a firework that goes bang but has no pretty lights at the same time. A noise with no point to it.

• Like 2

Just now, lake district canary said:

A noise with no point to it.

Sounds like a few on here! 

• Haha 4

I voted no as I wouldn’t want to be near it & also it gets monotonous for me if not done with taste & judgement (obviously priorities of all football supporters!) Just Like when away and one or two  fans are constantly bashing the corrugated walls

However, if played well by a proper drummer - and I really mean a snare drum or whatever those double-drumstick ones they hand round their necks are called, not just a tub-thumper  - they can sound great .. when used sparingly 

Edited by GenerationA47
  • Like 1

Drums are great. I think mine belong at home tho. A constant thump is pretty annoying at football matches. Plus it would wake the River End up and they won't like that!

Edited by The Raptor

Its a cymbal of the times.

If it was similar to the drum beat on a Roman boat it might encourage at bit of pace to the game but then again could inspire the opposition.

• Haha 1

On 27/01/2022 at 12:40, keelansgrandad said:

Its a cymbal of the times.

If it was similar to the drum beat on a Roman boat it might encourage at bit of pace to the game but then again could inspire the opposition.

Great idea, ‘Ramming Speed’ whenever a promising attack occurs. Stewards could whip fans who aren’t off their seats too. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

I'd prefer to hear a bugle now and again. The thought of Rashica going off on a charge down the wing with The Tequila Song blaring out sounds like a cracking soundtrack.

Of course, we should have The Great Escape playing after every win now.

Agree with the fundamental idea that if it's incessant, it's just background noise and that it should be judiciously used.

30 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If this guy can ring a bell every home match at Portsmouth for years and years I'm sure we will do alright with a drum😉

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTp5x8GhrcZTBocfGLmbPF

He nicked that idea off the Man City lady. She was loved by the fans and the stand where she chimed was affectionately known as the ‘Bell End’

image.jpeg.23c68eb0a2ad15a6dcaf44836748f8e5.jpeg

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You called?

If the cap fits......

Remember you accused me of being obsessed and creepy when replying to your posts, but you still persist in doing likewise on mine......just saying. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

was affectionately known as the ‘Bell End

Again,  sounds like a few on here! 

This is a very serious issue, remember...drums don't deafen people, drummers do, I seen it in a documentary on BBC2. 😬🤣

Apples

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I've been to grounds where the drum ruins the watching experience. Incessant banging on a drum for 90 minutes (which is what can happen) is just noise pollution. Not needed, not welcome and actually restricts spontaneity by the fact that it is such a dominating beat.  Might be a novelty factor to start with, but really it is just a noise.  A bit like a firework that goes bang but has no pretty lights at the same time. A noise with no point to it.

I disagree.  The drum was at Watford and the support was outstanding - loud and continuous.  I thought you approved of supporters getting behind the team.

• Like 1

Undecided. I despise that terrible band when England play – terrible musicians playing the same naff songs over and over again. I went to one England game and they weren’t that far from me. An irritating bunch of bums that should get a real job. 😄 Not only that, but they’ve hindered and drowned out the crowd for years. Ironically they weren’t invited to Euro 2020/21, albeit through Covid regs, but the atmosphere was so much better without that racket!

However, a single drum like at Watford? I don’t see why not.