The Great Mass Debater

What would you call your pet?

7 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Watching stand-up and by coincidence talking about a dog called Pukki. Nothing to do with ours. Got me thinking, if you were going to name a pet with a Norwich theme, what would you pick?

Yo-yo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would consider calling my canary, Canary. No way should a dog be called Pukki...a goat on the other hand. 🤔 A particularly well-endowed pet, and I might call it Allcock. Otherwise, perhaps Jean-Yves de Blasiis just to keep any visitors on their toes!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Buendia Than Barnby said:

A particularly well-endowed pet, and I might call it Allcock

Imagine if your partner was a West Ham fan, and naming another 'Nobles'.

...I'll leave the penny to drop. 🙂

• Haha 1

I have a parrot called Hal. Around the same time I got him Chelsea signed Winston Bogarde. For some reason I started referring to him as Halston Bogarde - I honestly have no idea why. I still call him Bogarde sometimes because 'Halston Bogarde' is one of the things he says so it has stuck.

I honestly dont know why, it's completely random.

Edited by The Great Mass Debater

We rescued a dog last year, I didn't actually name him, but my wife decided that to appease me for her naming him - I've wanted a cat/dog for decades - she gave him the middle name of Teemu. 

37 minutes ago, chicken said:

she gave him the middle name of Teemu

A "Middle" name for a dog?  You soppy ****s! haha.  Bet you do voices and pretend he speaks, too.

....oh wait, I do that too. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Fuglestad would be a good name I reckon

Would be for a bird. "Fugl" in Norwegian means "bird".

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Fuglestad would be a good name I reckon

Going for an Eric was/is a form of rhyming slang with some old mates. 

A pet monkey called 'Normann' sounds like good fun.  He'd love a suit and tie, unlike that anarchist Webber.

*Takes sip from drink*

Timmy (Krul) is quite an adventurous name for a dog too, a bit Famous Five like.  Oh god, this is SO MUCH FUN!!!  *Drinks again*

19 hours ago, Foxy2600 said:

I’d call it Shirley - as in Shirley this belongs in Non-Football😏

*Hides drink*

DAAAAAAAD! How did you know we were in here?  *Pulls trousers up*

On 27/01/2022 at 00:09, Google Bot said:

A "Middle" name for a dog?  You soppy ****s! haha.  Bet you do voices and pretend he speaks, too.

....oh wait, I do that too. 🙂

Yeah... but then I did that before we rescued this one, with my mates Chihuahua's. At one point he had four... and they are always arguing! 😂

I found if I started translating they stopped and started listening to me instead! 😅

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

I found if I started translating they stopped and started listening to me instead! 😅

Haha, brilliant.  My neighbour's dog has an Irish accent.  One I'm quite jealous of, truth be told!  🙂

Our dog is called Murphy for two reasons:-

1.  The Murphy boys were playing for us at the time; and

2.  He is black and white and as we got him just after a weekend in Cork, we thought he could benefit from being named after a pint of Murphys!

20 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Haha, brilliant.  My neighbour's dog has an Irish accent.  One I'm quite jealous of, truth be told!  🙂

This is a genuine question me and my mate have asked for ages... do dogs bark in different languages? I mean, like, between breeds and/or between countries?

Only, the work for "bark" changes, and I don't mean bark itself, but in the UK we say dogs "woof" other countries have different terms... 

19 minutes ago, chicken said:

This is a genuine question me and my mate have asked for ages... do dogs bark in different languages? I mean, like, between breeds and/or between countries?

Only, the work for "bark" changes, and I don't mean bark itself, but in the UK we say dogs "woof" other countries have different terms... 

One of my dogs understands Spanish and English. Unfortunately she mainly ignores both but she understands ok😡

• Haha 1