Sign in to follow this  
yellow_belly

Webber to go! Delia to go!

3 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

Enough is enough

It's fu***ng grim. Grim times YB

1 minute ago, hepphep said:

I think Delia did well today. She would need better midfielders to give her some support though..

Probably need the players to hold her up hic 🍷

Just now, BarclayWazza said:

She looked happier in the crowd when we were 1-0 down than she did when we were 2-0 up at Brentford 🤣

Get the old hag out.

#GetTheHagandFag(smoker)Out

Just now, Channon’s Windmill said:

Webber needs to go for sure, perhaps the fans turning on Saturday may start the process.

Delia and Michael are the problem

• Like 2

problem is we are too financially sound for anyone to be interested in digging us out of the sh1t. Perhaps a few years stagnating in the championship and we might finally get a take over.

I have no idea how Webber was able to say after he sacked Farke that he believed the players brought in over the summer were good enough to stay in this league. 

They’re not good enough to be competitive in the Championship and for that he needs to fall on his sword. 

Delia and Michael need to pro-actively seek out investment. To coin a Webber phrase, they may need to get creative when it comes to investment. I don’t know how it works or what the answer is (before I get accused of not offering the solution), but they HAVE to do something. A watershed moment is fast approaching them I feel.

Edited by Coneys Knee

Lose at Watford and it's pretty much game over.

Delia is untouchable unfortunately, and Webber isn't going to sack himself - the spineless BOD certainly won't.

It then all passes to Neppers Tom for the same again with a hologram of Smith & Jones in the Director's box.

9 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I have no idea how Webber was able to say after he sacked Farke that he believed the players brought in over the summer were good enough to stay in this league. 

They’re not good enough to be competitive in the Championship and for that he needs to fall on his sword. 

Delia and Michael need to pro-actively seek out investment. To coin a Webber phrase, they may need to get creative when it comes to investment. I don’t know how it works or what the answer is (before I get accused of not offering the solution), but they HAVE to do something. A watershed moment is fast approaching them I feel.

They haven't yet played in the Championship. How can he fall on his sword based on something that hasn't happened yet?

I agree the signings are way short of what we need to compete at PL level, and they've largely been a massive disappointment. But even after the shower of sh*t that was Project Restart, we still won the title the following season.

Under this financial model, PL survival is almost impossible. However, the time to judge the squad on how competitive they are in the Championship is... well, when they're in the Championship. Which will be next season, barring miracles.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

They haven't yet played in the Championship. How can he fall on his sword based on something that hasn't happened yet?

I agree the signings are way short of what we need to compete at PL level, and they've largely been a massive disappointment. But even after the shower of sh*t that was Project Restart, we still won the title the following season.

Under this financial model, PL survival is almost impossible. However, the time to judge the squad on how competitive they are in the Championship is... well, when they're in the Championship. Which will be next season, barring miracles.

Far too sensible for a post-defeat thread!

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Far too sensible for a post-defeat thread!

F*ck off binner

• Haha 1

Oh great another pant wetting thread. This season has never got going, but it is better to be failing in the hardest league in the world than treading water in the lower leagues. Out of the clubs of our size, we are one of the best. Two memorable promotions, top infrastructure investment, proven academy progress. Most of our transfer gambles didn’t pay off, and Webber will take the flak, but it doesn’t erase the obvious overall progress made under his regime. Grow up.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Oh great another pant wetting thread. This season has never got going, but it is better to be failing in the hardest league in the world than treading water in the lower leagues. Out of the clubs of our size, we are one of the best. Two memorable promotions, top infrastructure investment, proven academy progress. Most of our transfer gambles didn’t pay off, and Webber will take the flak, but it doesn’t erase the obvious overall progress made under his regime. Grow up.

Pant wetting ??     i think the term is snowflake?   They are the ones who are making our club a laughing stock  

Edited by mastoola

21 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

But even after the shower of sh*t that was Project Restart, we still won the title the following season.

Under this financial model, PL survival is almost impossible. 

Indeed.

So what's the point of going up Wolfie? We are stuck in purgatory it seems.

I don't want to go up again next season as we will only suffer yet another season of turgid sh1t the year after. 

OTBC

2 minutes ago, mastoola said:

Pant wetting ??   take a look at yourself   i think the term is snowflake?

2 minutes ago, mastoola said:

Edited by mastoola

4 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Sorry to say it but you sound like every reason why NCFC has become the laughing stock it has become.

So easily pleased. So easily mugged.

2 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Indeed.

So what's the point of going up Wolfie? We are stuck in purgatory it seems.

I don't want to go up again next season as we will only suffer yet another season of turgid sh1t the year after. 

OTBC

It's a tough one, innit. But since I got my season ticket in 2008, only Farke's first season has seen us marooned in mid-table with nothing to play for. I'd rather have experienced the rollercoaster I've experienced than spend 16 years in the Championship before slipping down to League One with nary a whimper like our 'illustrious' neighbours.

I'd rather have a sustainable ownership model with a Cat 1 academy and outstanding training facilities than have watched a 'wealthy investor' such as Marcus Evans drive the club ever further into debt before selling out to an even murkier investment group.

I don't want to just settle down in the Championship and accept our fate, I want us to try to compete at the top table, no matter how painful that process is. Many 'richer' clubs than us haven't even had a sniff of the PL in the time we've had three or four promotion/relegation cycles. I know which trajectory I prefer.

• Like 2

Just now, Nora's Ghost said:

Sorry to say it but you sound like every reason why NCFC has become the laughing stock it has become.

So easily pleased. So easily mugged.

No, I have the gift of perspective. Have a look at the graveyard that is league 1 and championship. Look at the clubs that were our rivals 15 years ago. It’s a disappointing season, we could have done better, but the club is healthy.

Grow up, it’s just a game.

20 minutes ago, crab man said:

The problem isn't Webber. It's Delia. Until she's gone we're not going to move forwards.

How can you seriously say the problem isn’t Webber? Agree 100% that the ownership is part of the problem.  But so is Webber. Way out of his depth and responsible for the shambolic recruitment.

2 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

How can you seriously say the problem isn’t Webber? Agree 100% that the ownership is part of the problem.  But so is Webber. Way out of his depth and responsible for the shambolic recruitment.

Webber hasn't covered himself in glory, but let's face it he's working with one hand behind his back. Who else do you propose would do a better job? We can't even afford premiership wages ffs. As I said before, you pay peanuts you get monkeys. 

9 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

It's a tough one, innit. But since I got my season ticket in 2008, only Farke's first season has seen us marooned in mid-table with nothing to play for. I'd rather have experienced the rollercoaster I've experienced than spend 16 years in the Championship before slipping down to League One with nary a whimper like our 'illustrious' neighbours.

I'd rather have a sustainable ownership model with a Cat 1 academy and outstanding training facilities than have watched a 'wealthy investor' such as Marcus Evans drive the club ever further into debt before selling out to an even murkier investment group.

I don't want to just settle down in the Championship and accept our fate, I want us to try to compete at the top table, no matter how painful that process is. Many 'richer' clubs than us haven't even had a sniff of the PL in the time we've had three or four promotion/relegation cycles. I know which trajectory I prefer.

Some very good points made we are indeed a rollercoaster club. I admire your optimism after yet another defeat .😙

10 minutes ago, crab man said:

Webber hasn't covered himself in glory, but let's face it he's working with one hand behind his back. Who else do you propose would do a better job? We can't even afford premiership wages ffs. As I said before, you pay peanuts you get monkeys. 

No, let’s not start that “who would you propose who would do a better job” nonsense and let’s keep on point.  You said it wasn’t to do with Webber why we’re in this mess. And it certainly is. Along with the rest of the Board and the ownership.