Sign in to follow this  
Inch High aka Inchy..

At what point can the club sack Smith and Shakespeare?

Lets face it they haven't made any progress and were never likely too.

A very average manager with his even more average sidekick.  Why that plum Webber ever thought these 2 were any good will forever be a mystery as much as the summer signings.

• Like 1

I don't think there's any manager in the world who could do much with this squad. Unfortunately It's going to be a recurring theme until the Stowmarket 2 are gone. 

• Like 2

Got to give them the same chance we gave DF. A season in the Championship to turn things around. But I am not convinced we will see the same quality of football.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

A very average manager with his even more average sidekick.  Why that plum Webber ever thought these 2 were any good will forever be a mystery as much as the summer signings.

Is it not very well known within football that said person was far more responsible than the over hyped manager for (arguably) the most astonishing success in English football in 2016??

30 minutes ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

So who out there would want to take on this thankless task? 
Shakespeare has a premier league medal to his name. He must be doing something right!

1 minute ago, yellowrider120 said:

Is it not very well known within football that said person was far more responsible than the over hyped manager for (arguably) the most astonishing success in English football in 2016??

Oh yeah, spot on. Ranieri was completely over-hyped, it was all Shakespeare. That's why when Shakespeare took over on a permanent basis himself they had to get shot pronto because Leicester were in the bottom three.

1 hour ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

Weaker team... I would hope he gets the same time as Farke did which is an least a season and a half.

2 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Any of you got a plausible solution if they were removed?   

Finding the solution is Stuart Webbers job, we’re here to merely moan, and fairly so.

I do love the Not His Team bull…..he’s employed to get the best out of his staff! He’s not done that yet! But time will tell.

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

Not very well known with in football but well known by a Norwich city fan and forum poster. How do you know this? I’m intrigued?

4 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Finding the solution is Stuart Webbers job, we’re here to merely moan constantly.

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

I do love the Not His Team bull…..he’s employed to get the best out of his staff! He’s not done that yet! But time will tell.

hmmm.. bit like hiring a top driver and telling him to win a F1 race and then giving him a mini in which to do it.

Pep would struggle with the players Dean smith has been given... just as Farke did but without the horrendous injuries on top!

Just now, Kenny Foggo said:

hmmm.. bit like hiring a top driver and telling him to win a F1 race and then giving him a mini in which to do it.

Pep would struggle with the players Dean smith has been given... just as Farke did but without the horrendous injuries on top!

But we’re not a top F1 team and don’t expect him to win the race! But to become more competitive! Isn’t that justified? And more akin to our position?

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

But we’re not a top F1 team and don’t expect him to win the race! But to become more competitive! Isn’t that justified? And more akin to our position?

Exactly, we’re not asking them to turn us into an unbeatable side, just a noticeable improvement would be nice. I’m pretty sure an F1 driver would get a mini round a race track better than your average man no?

To be fair they've hardly had a settled squad to work with. This squad is so weak, I fear we just have to get through this season and let them rebuild. They'll be judged on what they achieve next season, not on this.

This seasons judgement falls 100% at the feet of Webber, and his recruitment has been pretty awful, and hasn't learnt any lessons

8 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

To be fair they've hardly had a settled squad to work with. This squad is so weak, I fear we just have to get through this season and let them rebuild. They'll be judged on what they achieve next season, not on this.

This seasons judgement falls 100% at the feet of Webber, and his recruitment has been pretty awful, and hasn't learnt any lessons

But Webber bought the best option to keep us up, not to rebuild next season, Farke has better credentials for that job! I must have missed the clubs long term statement! 
Like others I want to see a marked improvement and it’s not there yet bar one game against United which we lost and failed to score in! I’m not convinced by the new set up.

27 minutes ago, Indy said:

But Webber bought the best option to keep us up, not to rebuild next season, Farke has better credentials for that job! I must have missed the clubs long term statement! 
Like others I want to see a marked improvement and it’s not there yet bar one game against United which we lost and failed to score in! I’m not convinced by the new set up.

I Agree Indy Not His Team what can he do is not a Excuse 

i will admit i thought Farke had lost his way and time for a change 

What i thought Someone else could do has not happened with Smith

his players or not he has not improved anything enough to notice 

I Thought a change might bring more attacking fired up players ,maybe lose still but give it more fight and at least give some of these teams a bloody nose 

The players do not help but after watching lesser teams in the FA cup give PL teams more of a game than we have is where the problem lies they can raise their game how can we not ?

Surely they have already shown that with a fully fit and available squad they can get more out of them than Farke ever did? Were you not at the Southampton, Wolves and Man Utd games? They are the only games this season we have looked like a PL team. We were slowly improving until Covid and injuries hit. Not enough to survive maybe, but enough not to be embarassing.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Coneys Knee said:

Finding the solution is Stuart Webbers job, we’re here to merely moan, and fairly so.

Thought not, youre all just so tiring!    No idea what the answer is but you'll just criticise for the sake of it.    Note, no one else has come up with a solution either.      The team was bad enough, the confidence drained then they get all these injuries and covid.   What on earth do you expect from them?     

3 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Surely they have already shown that with a fully fit and available squad they can get more out of them than Farke ever did? Were you not at the Southampton, Wolves and Man Utd games? They are the only games this season we have looked like a PL team. We were slowly improving until Covid and injuries hit. Not enough to survive maybe, but enough not to be embarassing.

Exactly this, well said 

8 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

If you’re going to argue that, then Farke had turned the corner having two good draws and a win away! So sorry but it was time for Farke to go and no I can’t say I see any improvement. Southampton were by far the better team and we got lucky, United we’re dire and we couldn’t score, admittedly our best performance in a while, Newcastle was awful, slow painful and again lucky to get a draw against 10 men! I don’t see any improvement in performance or results yet. But we certainly all se and judge what we watch differently I suppose.👍

Edited by Indy

3 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Oh yeah, spot on. Ranieri was completely over-hyped, it was all Shakespeare. That's why when Shakespeare took over on a permanent basis himself they had to get shot pronto because Leicester were in the bottom three.

Culverhouse and Lambert!! It certainly wasn’t all down to lambert!

It's already been made clear sacking Farke has done nothing because it's the personnel. Sacking again will just waste money, they will be here next year trying to get us back up