Maltesecanary

Cantwell 40 Million πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

30 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Β 

30 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Someone paid Β£10m for Sargent.

Β 

That's probably why we think he's worth £40m 🀣

Dike went to WBA for 9.5M dollars. Β He was valued close to 20M in the summer, has he got a lot worse or is the transfer market valuations all over the place currently?

You see it goes like this. 'We want 40 million!'

Β 

'Thats a bit much'

Β 

'OK how about 20 million?'

Β 

'Hmm..'

Β 

'10 million?'

Β 

'Sold!'

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

He’s worth way more than 10 but 40 is just silly.

Around Β£18m for me. Regardless of whether people on here want to admit it, a fit and up for it Todd Cantwell is a very, very good player. One we’ll miss too, we’re missing him already this season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Around Β£18m for me. Regardless of whether people on here want to admit it, a fit and up for it Todd Cantwell is a very, very good player. One we’ll miss too, we’re missing him already this season.

If we do sell him I imagine it will be around 15 million and will probably have a few clauses thrown in for an extra two million or more prehaps.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

We would need a bidding war to get anywhere near 18, I actually think Β£10M would be based on his reputation, we would be lucky for get 5M based on current performance

Just now, Newtopia said:

We would need a bidding war to get anywhere near 18, I actually think Β£10M would be based on his reputation, we would be lucky for get 5M based on current performance

Totally. A player who wants out and will be forced into a 1 year contract extension is not what we need.

We might get Β£5m plus add ons is my guess. It's a buyer's market for Cantwell.

1 minute ago, Newtopia said:

No chance would we sell for 5m or even 10m,Β that’s just being dramatic. 5m buys you a backup goalkeeper these days. Between 15-20m is the going rate for someone like Cantwell.Β 

We’ll find out by the end of the month, unless it’s another of these undisclosed fees.Β 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Missing him?Β  It is he who has gone missing.Β  All he had to do was work hard and wait for his opportunity to get back in the side and then take his opportunity. He might have worked hard to try and get back in first Farke's plans and then Smith's - and even looked up for it, but given his opportuity to play under Smith he failed to make a good enough impression.Β 

Any buyer will get him cheap and then we have good add on clauses for if he recaptures his best form. Let's face it, he has talent but has lost his way - and is a gamble for any club wanting to see if they can get him back to his best.Β  Β£15m sounds about right with appearance clauses taking it up to something like Β£25m.

• Like 1

Seriously if Cantwell was playing for a different team and we were linked with himΒ after the half season he’s just had, we would be up in arms at anything more than 5 million! Yes there’s a decent player there but he’s gone missing and it would beΒ a massive gamble on whoever wants him.

Just remember Webber said in the summer all players have a valuation and not one team actually made any serious approach for Cantwell, so I’m not sure any team will be bidding very high. It’s going to be down to the club and Cantwell to where he goes and what we can get for him.

Anything north of 5 million is a good deal in my book.

I know we have an option to extend his contract for 12 months but if Webber claims a player no longer wants to play here he has no choice but to let them go as his statement on Buendia, so Cantwell is in that boat if he wants to force a sale through.

27 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Missing him?Β  It is he who has gone missing.Β  All he had to do was work hard and wait for his opportunity to get back in the side and then take his opportunity. He might have worked hard to try and get back in first Farke's plans and then Smith's - and even looked up for it, but given his opportuity to play under Smith he failed to make a good enough impression.Β 

Any buyer will get him cheap and then we have good add on clauses for if he recaptures his best form. Let's face it, he has talent but has lost his way - and is a gamble for any club wanting to see if they can get him back to his best.Β  Β£15m sounds about right with appearance clauses taking it up to something like Β£25m.

Yes, we do miss him. It may or may not be his fault he’s not playing but nobody can deny this team could do with a fully up for it, fully fit Todd Cantwell.Β 
Β 

What I wrote wasn’t about who was to blame, I know we live in a blame culture but it wasn’t about that FYI.

Edited by Coneys Knee
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Yes, we do miss him. It may or may not be his fault he’s not playing but nobody can deny this team could do with a fully up for it, fully fit Todd Cantwell.Β 

Indeed, but it is he who could have sorted that by fitting in with what was asked of him. My own opinion is that Farke told him off for standing in front of the goalkeeper in an offside position against Leicester, didn't like it and said so and so was dropped from the starting line up for the next game as a result - and didn't start a game again under Farke. Just my take, but it was a naive thing to do and cost us points in that game.

38 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Indeed, but it is he who could have sorted that by fitting in with what was asked of him. My own opinion is that Farke told him off for standing in front of the goalkeeper in an offside position against Leicester, didn't like it and said so and so was dropped from the starting line up for the next game as a result - and didn't start a game again under Farke. Just my take, but it was a naive thing to do and cost us points in that game.

Maybe naive but I very much doubt that he was dropped purely because of that and I really don't think he was "told off". What is this, primary school?Β If Farke wanted to punish him, should have given him lines instead..........100 times I must not stand in front of the keeper in an offside position.

But getting back to the valuation, young Cantwell is worth what a team is prepared to pay at the minute which IMO won't amount to any more than Β£15m

We wont get more than ten for a player who's head has gone and who hasnt actually performed in two years.Β 

Edited by fredherring

Putting aside our personal thoughts - Rashica and Sargent are full internationals and cost us less than 10M, there is a premium on English players, it will be interesting to see what that is. Β 
3 years ago our fringe players were worth a few million each, in the current market it is tough to get rid of them.

If Cantwell was at Burnley and notΒ near there first team side, how much would we pay?

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

It is 3rd January so was rather hoping he had gone by now.

Ahh it makes sense now, Normann drove him to London to sign for QPR / Fulham or another high flying London team but he escaped from his boot.......Β 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, fredherring said:

We wont get more than ten for a player who's head has gone and who hasnt actually performed in two years.Β 

He did play well last year.

17 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

He did play well last year.

When he actually played, and only good in patches.Β 

We didn't miss him when he wasn't playing.Β 

40 minutes ago, fredherring said:

When he actually played, and only good in patches.Β 

We didn't miss him when he wasn't playing.Β 

He played 33 times…. Out of 46. Β  I recall he was initially affected by the Leeds speculation but fairly reliable and pivotal for the rest of the season.

15 hours ago, Maltesecanary said:

100% Rumour be Very Lucky IF we get 10 millionΒ 

Liverpool and Leeds are looking at Cantwell, this could raise his value to 18-20 million. With any luck Delia will give the club 5 million fromΒ that sale to waste on anotherΒ "one for the future"

12 hours ago, lake district canary said:

You’ve always hated him in fairness.

Your Uncle Stuart told you it would start with a 3 and I for one have no reason to doubt him, do you?Β 

Edited by Midlands Yellow