Dr Greenthumb

New owners needed now

Had enough of this rubbish. This football club need investment. The pathetic after pathetic performances in the transfer market are down to the constant “balancing the books”.

• Like 2

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Can they play in defence?

They can pay for a proper defence. A central midfielder in defence again for the 2nd prem season running is utterly tragic

I disagree. They were needed 5 years ago if not before. This is stinking of stale air at the top and we suffer for trying to compete in a global market with a provincial model

• Like 1

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

Had enough of this rubbish. This football club need investment. The pathetic after pathetic performances in the transfer market are down to the constant “balancing the books”.

We could be getting close for the crowd turning on them and about time too. It shouldn’t be nasty but they need telling. 

• Like 1

Empty seats against Arsenal, away crowd starting to turn. The limitations of our budget are plain to see and the project is now being shown up for what it truly is, a millstone around the club’s neck. They’re clinging on grimly but the tide is now against them, no fanbase will tolerate getting thrashed embarrassingly week in week out like this.

• Like 2

I truthfully hope the crowd do turn on them soon! It’s the only way they will listen, although people will probably say they have done a great job, which in truth they haven’t! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I disagree. They were needed 5 years ago if not before. This is stinking of stale air at the top and we suffer for trying to compete in a global market with a provincial model

I agree, I am not a fan of Delia and Michael at all. I literally could do what they do and that is not a premier league owners level

• Like 1

I think I genuinely hate everything about this club right now, the owners, Webber, the manager, the players, they all make me sick! 

• Sad 1

Utter embarrassment... they need to put the club up for sale and show who is interested. Problem is I don't think they have our interests at heart..they have Tom's interests at heart.

6 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Utter embarrassment... they need to put the club up for sale and show who is interested. Problem is I don't think they have our interests at heart..they have Tom's interests at heart.

And the majority on here love them, you couldn’t make it up. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Empty seats against Arsenal, away crowd starting to turn. The limitations of our budget are plain to see and the project is now being shown up for what it truly is, a millstone around the club’s neck. They’re clinging on grimly but the tide is now against them, no fanbase will tolerate getting thrashed embarrassingly week in week out like this.

Unfortunately, they don’t listen, until it gets nasty. 

image.jpeg.d436cf335a467c7ec1ca00a4ac89118a.jpegimage.jpeg.d674e89f8012eb8e35ae9d13f3005e0a.jpeg45+ D-FW restaurants offering Christmas dining specials

...New Owners?....Our current one's are not gonna give this up without a fight!..... 

Edited by Mello Yello

Norwich City has been my club ever since the '59 Cup run when I was seven and a half.  I just can't help it.

Like more than a few others, I've seen this coming for at least a decade.  I've been full of anger at times and received my share of 'disloyalty' allegations, and worse.  But now I'm just sad. 

Delia could have picked her moment and gone out at a high point in a blaze of glory, but even the most tactful hint made her dig her heels in and refuse to budge because she thought she was bigger than the club.  Unfortunately even the tea lady is now bigger than the club.  She's brought it on herself, but it gives me no pleasure to say so. 

Edited by benchwarmer

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Good luck with that one! You’re going to stir up the usual suspects with the be careful what you wish for! 😂👍

2 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

image.jpeg.d436cf335a467c7ec1ca00a4ac89118a.jpegimage.jpeg.d674e89f8012eb8e35ae9d13f3005e0a.jpeg45+ D-FW restaurants offering Christmas dining specials

...New Owners?....Our current one's are not gonna give this up without a fight!..... 

They would have to give up green beans? Jesus, that is cruel.

On the other hand, it's clear we need investment but I'm willing to bet we won't be getting the kind we want anytime soon. 

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Good luck with that one! You’re going to stir up the usual suspects with the be careful what you wish for! 😂👍

They probably see the people against the owners as usual suspects to. But if they are happy with this garbage, good for them

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Most owners of football clubs are crap at it. Not quite sure why that's controversial.

I'm in the 'thanks but you can't compete financially' school nowadays, however I'm not naïve enough to think that a change is likely to lead to us becoming an established club in the premier league.

Edited by 1902

5 minutes ago, 1902 said:

They would have to give up green beans? Jesus, that is cruel.

On the other hand, it's clear we need investment but I'm willing to bet we won't be getting the kind we want anytime soon. 

For starters the club plead self-funding poverty but travel in style.....

It's like an 'unfortunate person' rolling up to a food bank in the latest Audi....Parking around the corner and strolling to the food bank clutching a top o' the range smart phone in one hand and an expensive ciggie in the other.....Grabbing his bag o' goodies (ensuring there's a tin of green beans in the bag) and swanning off back to his motor and then off home.....

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I agree the limitations of our budget are plain to see but I disagree on the millstone around our neck bit. The project’ is nothing more than a term for us having to buy and develop talent to sell it on at a profit whilst trying to be progressive in the infrastructure that enables us to be more successful in developing that said talent. If that works and provides an income stream then in theory the investment in the first team enlarges. That isn’t a millstone, just a sensible approach to a club without rich owners.

natrually it is clear to compete at this level, you need a rich owner who is happy to invest large levels of their own personal fortune in the club. If there is one out there, then I am all for it. The main reason this year we are in the sh*t is the awful transfer window, that’s where the questions need to be asked, how did we get that so wrong, what were our scouts told to look for etc 

Edited by Big O
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Big O said:

I agree the limitations of our budget are plain to see but I disagree on the millstone around our neck bit. The project’ is nothing more than a term for us having to buy and develop talent to sell it on at a profit whilst trying to be progressive in the infrastructure that enables us to be more successful in developing that said talent. If that works and provides an income stream then in theory the investment in the first team said enlarges. That isn’t a millstone, just a sensible approach to a club without rich owners.

natrually it is clear to compete at this level, you need a rich owner who is happy to invest large levels of their own personal fortune in the club. If there is one out there, then I am all for it. The main reason this year we are in the sh*t is the awful transfer window, that’s where the questions need to be asked, how did we get that so wrong, what were our scouts told to look for etc 

This is it. If you're going to go for a self funding model, and always have budgetary limits, you have to be spot on in your transfer business.

With exception of Rashica & Normann our transfers and loans look pretty awful this season. None of them add to what we already had, and don't take us forward  

23 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

But she has said she isn't looking to sell.

But on the other hand, she also said she has the best interests of the club at heart.

Paradox

She needs a gentle nudge. Like 27,000 people calling for her head.

• Like 1

Agreed, the owners have to go. We are a much better value proposition for takeover than most other championship teams as our finances are in far better shape than most and the new investor will not be taking on alot of debt and extortionate expenses, time to put the “for sale” signs outside Carrow Road

12 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

She needs a gentle nudge. Like 27,000 people calling for her head.

Why when we have two owners who are a couple, do people insist on saying "she".

Edited by 1902

Just now, 1902 said:

Why when we have two owners who are couple, do people insist on saying "she"

I think we know who wears the trousers.