Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Liverpool wont sign unvaccinated players..

Unvaccinated players going....Cheap. Sounds just our cup of tea.

Seriously though. Does the vaccine stop transmission or limit your contagious period?

• Haha 1

Just now, KiwiScot said:

Unvaccinated players going....Cheap. Sounds just our cup of tea.

Seriously though. Does the vaccine stop transmission or limit your contagious period?

It’s a great question KiwiScott.

If Jurgen signs a vaccinated player, does it make that player any less likely to contract and pass on COVID?

I dont know why he's saying that for. If the jabs so effective then why are boosters needed? It didn't work the first or second time, but a third booster will work? And make people immune 

1 hour ago, Canary Jedi said:

If Jurgen signs a vaccinated player, does it make that player any less likely to contract and pass on COVID?

A bit, yes.

1 hour ago, Ward 3 said:

I dont know why he's saying that for. If the jabs so effective then why are boosters needed? It didn't work the first or second time, but a third booster will work? And make people immune 

Unless you’re being wilfully ignorant you will know that being double vaccinated reduced your risk of contracting Covid, reduced the likelihood of it being severe if you did catch it, and reduced the risk of hospitalisation and death.  Omicron, however, is less affected by two doses of the vaccine, particularly after antibody levels have waned over time, but a third dose significantly enhances the vaccine efficacy.  

Edited by Naturalcynic
  • Like 2

The vaccines are effective, the trouble is that covid-19 is a coronavirus and they mutate. That's what happens with every cold and flu that goes around and why flu vaccines are only partially effective. What annoys me is that governments act like it's some kind of shock that the virus keeps mutating and that we couldn't prepare for it when it should have been clear from the start that this is the reality of the situation so people can be prepared and informed.

The fact is covid isn't going anywhere and new variants will continue to emerge forever basically, this is a fact people are just going to have to accept and the only way to stop masses of people from dying every year is by giving our booster jabs every winter. No jab is ever going to be one and done, that's impossible with a virus like this but that doesn't mean vaccines aren't effective. 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

The vaccines are effective, the trouble is that covid-19 is a coronavirus and they mutate. That's what happens with every cold and flu that goes around and why flu vaccines are only partially effective. What annoys me is that governments act like it's some kind of shock that the virus keeps mutating and that we couldn't prepare for it when it should have been clear from the start that this is the reality of the situation so people can be prepared and informed.

The fact is covid isn't going anywhere and new variants will continue to emerge forever basically, this is a fact people are just going to have to accept and the only way to stop masses of people from dying every year is by giving our booster jabs every winter. No jab is ever going to be one and done, that's impossible with a virus like this but that doesn't mean vaccines aren't effective. 

The government has broken the social contract over vaccination leading to us unlocking our society and millions of people have now had enough.

Edited by The Real Buh

1 hour ago, Naturalcynic said:

Unless you’re being wilfully ignorant you will know that being double vaccinated reduced your risk of contracting Covid, reduced the likelihood of it being severe if you did catch it, and reduced the risk of hospitalisation and death.  Omicron, however, is less affected by two doses of the vaccine, particularly after antibody levels have waned over time, but a third dose significantly enhances the vaccine efficacy.  

I'm not being ignorant, sorry if it came across that way I didn't mean for it. I've had 1 jab, my 2nd was booked for Jan 16th, the  got a message and it got cancelled. I felt if it is that bad then why are they cancelling people's 2nd jabs? I don't wish anybody to have any harm from covid 19. I have 2 young children, one is 4 and a half, the other is nearly 3, why haven't kids ever had to wear masks as they don't have great immune systems? The whole covid period has been confusing and seems controlled. Look at last year's Christmas party, they even took the pee out of social distancing, and number of people meeting up and laughed at the nation when people couldn't see parents or grandparents who spent the festive period alone and it was the last one they ever had.

2 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Funny but I’m not sure Liverpool have had the same issues with Covid recently as all the other clubs have they?

1 hour ago, Ward 3 said:

I'm not being ignorant, sorry if it came across that way I didn't mean for it. I've had 1 jab, my 2nd was booked for Jan 16th, the  got a message and it got cancelled. I felt if it is that bad then why are they cancelling people's 2nd jabs? I don't wish anybody to have any harm from covid 19. I have 2 young children, one is 4 and a half, the other is nearly 3, why haven't kids ever had to wear masks as they don't have great immune systems? The whole covid period has been confusing and seems controlled. Look at last year's Christmas party, they even took the pee out of social distancing, and number of people meeting up and laughed at the nation when people couldn't see parents or grandparents who spent the festive period alone and it was the last one they ever had.

Why on earth do you feel the need to tell some faceless bulletin board moron about your personal medical status? 

This is what we have got to. 

Remind us how many people have actually died from omicron. 

Meet your family. Live life. Ignore the absolute wet blankets who would have us lock down forever. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If people don’t want to be vaccinated and consequently potentially risk their lives that’s up to them. If they subsequently contract the virus and die I couldn’t care and certainly would have no sympathy. What they don’t have is the right to be a risk to the rest of us. That’s why I fully support the requirement for the covid ‘passport’ to gain access to venues. Why should the majority have further restrictions forced on them to protect a selfish minority?

• Like 3

Players contracts need to include a clause that refusing medical interventions to protect their health and that of others will result in loss of earnings if they become unavailable for selection.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Players contracts need to include a clause that refusing medical interventions to protect their health and that of others will result in loss of earnings if they become unavailable for selection.

Wow, just wow. Draconian much?

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

If people don’t want to be vaccinated and consequently potentially risk their lives that’s up to them. If they subsequently contract the virus and die I couldn’t care and certainly would have no sympathy. What they don’t have is the right to be a risk to the rest of us. That’s why I fully support the requirement for the covid ‘passport’ to gain access to venues. Why should the majority have further restrictions forced on them to protect a selfish minority?

Fully supporting a covid passport is a really weak minded thing to say

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Fully supporting a covid passport is a really weak minded thing to say

I fully support it too. What you think about that doesn’t concern me in the slightest. Some of us have more than a self centred view on life.

Edited by Hairy Canary
  • Like 2

Lets be clear about this. The vaccination isn't just about you, it's also about OTHERS. If you don't want the vaccinations for yourself then that is one thing, but the whole point of it is to protect the population as a whole. 

You might think, "oh, I don't mind if I get the virus and I'll just let my immune system deal with it", but in effect you are saying "I don't mind getting the virus even though I'll be spreading it around and therefore putting others at risk".  That approach may be ok with common colds and flu - people tend to just get on with it if they can, but this is no "flu", it is far more dangerous.

So it is an entirely selfish attitude to not get vaccinated - unless you have a genuine health concern about it. If you are just "anti" because you don't like that feeling of being told to have it, or stupidly think it is some govt scheme to control you in some way, that is just idiocy. Yes, you have to keep your eyes on what the govt do - and if you don't like them, vote them out next time, but the vax is for the greater good - and Klopp recognises that and Liverpool are setting an example. Good for them. I hope other clubs do it too.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Lets be clear about this. The vaccination isn't just about you, it's also about OTHERS. If you don't want the vaccinations for yourself then that is one thing, but the whole point of it is to protect the population as a whole. 

You might think, "oh, I don't mind if I get the virus and I'll just let my immune system deal with it", but in effect you are saying "I don't mind getting the virus even though I'll be spreading it around and therefore putting others at risk".  That approach may be ok with common colds and flu - people tend to just get on with it if they can, but this is no "flu", it is far more dangerous.

So it is an entirely selfish attitude to not get vaccinated - unless you have a genuine health concern about it. If you are just "anti" because you don't like that feeling of being told to have it, or stupidly think it is some govt scheme to control you in some way, that is just idiocy. Yes, you have to keep your eyes on what the govt do - and if you don't like them, vote them out next time, but the vax is for the greater good - and Klopp recognises that and Liverpool are setting an example. Good for them. I hope other clubs do it too.

What a top post LDC! Absolutely spot on.

I find these threads really so dispiriting. The number of people who only see things from their own perspective is truly quite upsetting.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

I fully support it too. What you think about that doesn’t concern me in the slightest. Some of us have more than a self centred view on life.

Where does it end? Have a think about it

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Where does it end? Have a think about it

The fact I’ve come to a different opinion to you doesn’t mean I haven’t thought about it. 

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

You can’t even fathom that there’s people that have been vaccinated but don’t want a covid passport. Everyone that isn’t queuing up to get their 16th vax is the “other”, right?

Just now, Hairy Canary said:

The fact I’ve come to a different opinion to you doesn’t mean I haven’t thought about it. 

I’ve been vaccinated twice, the third vaccination was for the elderly and people with conditions. We were LIED to and are being LIED TO right now. Vaccination passports are low grade authoritarianism and those that support them are just full on unintelligent.

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, fredherring said:

Why on earth do you feel the need to tell some faceless bulletin board moron about your personal medical status? 

🤣🤣🤣🤣 crying

14 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I’ve been vaccinated twice, the third vaccination was for the elderly and people with conditions. We were LIED to and are being LIED TO right now. Vaccination passports are low grade authoritarianism and those that support them are just full on unintelligent.

Lied to?  You sound alarmingly like a conspiracy theorist and are just making yourself look very silly.

Edited by Naturalcynic
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

You do know the virus has evolved into something slightly different since that statement? It will continue to evolve just like the flu virus and just like it did when it evolved from only infecting bats into infecting people. 

There will be an on going need to develop the vaccine each year, just like the flu vaccine and selfish people like you who only see their own needs are going to put the vulnerable at more risk than necessary. 

Because I disagree with you doesn’t make me unintelligent. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, curious yellow said:

You mean Nazis

How dare I criticise hate spreading! 

It isn't hate spreading though- it's much more prosiac.

If you're paying money for a football player you want them to be available. If a player isn't vaccinated then the chances of that player being available goes down, while also increasing the risk of other players also not being available. So it simply makes sense to think twice about signing a player who won't get vaccinated in the same way you would a player with a chequered injury history.