Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Liverpool wont sign unvaccinated players..

12 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

I didn't have any pre-existing conditions before I had flu.

Well then you are in a very, very small group of people. It’s never, ever been marketed towards that bracket of people and would be deemed pretty unnecessary. Doesn’t mean you can’t go it I guess. I guess you COULD leave the house in a medieval suit of armour but most people… most people wouldn’t do that captain safety pants would they?

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Well then you are in a very, very small group of people. It’s never, ever been marketed towards that bracket of people and would be deemed pretty unnecessary. Doesn’t mean you can’t go it I guess. I guess you COULD leave the house in a medieval suit of armour but most people… most people wouldn’t do that captain safety pants would they?

It’s also been given annually to healthcare personnel for many years.  

3 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

When have we ever vaccinated every adult in this country every 6 months indefinitely? Does that sound like a good future to you? This behaviour that you encourage, the locking down and the constant jabs, it’s damaging children. You don’t seem to give a toss about that as long as you feel safe in your hidey hole, yeah?

I'm a teacher, I see children everyday in a classroom which is a long way from a hidey hole, also means I'm pretty aware of the negative effects on children of a lockdown as a result. I have literally worked in close contact with loads of people for most of this pandemic and lockdown was grim for me personally as well as my colleagues and the kids I teach. 

The reason that getting jabs seem sensible to me is because I want to avoid further lockdowns and if we have to have them,  to shorten them.

I'm really not sure that 'whether I think this is a good future' is relevant,  it's whether I think the alternative is better, which to me looks like potentially longer lockdowns or a swamped health system.

You seem determined to think the only reason anyone disagrees with you is through selfishness. Maybe we also base our opinions on concern for our neighbours and society as well?

Perhaps the same concerns, different opinions on how best to proceed?

Edited by 1902
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

I don't know if I 'needed' them, I had flu and every year since then I've paid and had a flu shot.

Yep, I had flu and it's hideous. I also am in a bracket that is deemed more at risk so I take the jab every year. It's saved thousands of lives and I really don't know why people are anti it.

They'd rather listen to Barry down the pub, or Shelia on the internet than medical advice from people who have worked with vaccines, improving them, all their lives. If we listened to the anti vaccination crowd our life expectancy would probably still be about 35 and any slightest cold would wipe out a third of the population! 

Don't agree with compulsory vaccination and prefer education but it's frustrating when the evidence is so obviously ignore, because we "don't trust the government" rubbish. Also, the virus tends to mutate in the unvaccinated so the more that ignore the advice the more we are likely to get more strains. Frustrating really...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

If you don’t have any pre-existing conditions it’s like wearing 2 condoms sleeping alone mate but you do you.

This is more like it, Buh. Stick to topics you're experienced in.

• Haha 3

When have we ever vaccinated every adult in this country every 6 months indefinitely? Does that sound like a good future to you? This behaviour that you encourage, the locking down and the constant jabs, it’s damaging children. You don’t seem to give a toss about that as long as you feel safe in your hidey hole, yeah?

When did we last have a global pandemic and the resources to achieve such a thing? I’ll help you out the answer is never, this is literally unprecedented.

I also don’t think you seem to understand the point of mass vaccinations is to prevent the need to lock down. You are arguing about the damaging nature of political decisions on personal freedoms that the vaccines are a strategy to prevent.

Many companies give out flu vouchers to all employees for private jabs, mine employees thousands of people and offers them all a flu shot. It literally is marketed to everyone, their choice if they want to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Naturalcynic said:

It’s also been given annually to healthcare personnel for many years.  

Not quite true Naturalcynic, it is offered to healthcare personnel every year.  In the summer of 2020 I had reason to meet with and discuss vaccines with 4 healthcare personnel on 4 separate occasions, 3 of them said they would not take the vaccine (this may have changed of course as we are talking about 15 months ago) and all of them said they do not take the flu vaccine, although one said she told the powers that be she had to keep the peace.

Not a very scientific study I know, nor a particularly large sample group, but I found it interesting.

1 minute ago, Ray said:

Not quite true Naturalcynic, it is offered to healthcare personnel every year.  In the summer of 2020 I had reason to meet with and discuss vaccines with 4 healthcare personnel on 4 separate occasions, 3 of them said they would not take the vaccine (this may have changed of course as we are talking about 15 months ago) and all of them said they do not take the flu vaccine, although one said she told the powers that be she had to keep the peace.

Not a very scientific study I know, nor a particularly large sample group, but I found it interesting.

That certainly does seem an anomaly considering over 90% of NHS staff are double-vaccinated. 

2 hours ago, BigManInTheBarclay said:

I've seen plenty of young children wearing masks, it's a decision for the parent to make. Obviously younger children may not like to wear them but all they did was not make it a rule...you just use your best judgement on it.

However after observing the way people on both sides of the Covid argument are acting common-sense seems in short supply at times.

Can't argue with your response here 👍 

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

An unvaccinated person is going to be more contagious than a vaccinated one.

Is that proven? Not seen anything on this. 

If you mean length of time then it’s quite marginal. As I understand, vaccinated people may be contagious for 5 days, unvaccinated for 7 - something like that, don’t quote me!

Given that vaccinated people can get and pass on Covid, please can anyone explain why vaccinated people are not asked to show negative lateral flow tests when attending the football?

32 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Is that proven? Not seen anything on this. 

If you mean length of time then it’s quite marginal. As I understand, vaccinated people may be contagious for 5 days, unvaccinated for 7 - something like that, don’t quote me!

Given that vaccinated people can get and pass on Covid, please can anyone explain why vaccinated people are not asked to show negative lateral flow tests when attending the football?

Yes and no, that's a 40% increase in the length of time someone is contiguous. Theoretically that would mean a 40% increased chance of transmitting COVID right? In public health terms, that's pretty huge. 

There's also the idea that someone who is vaccinated is less likely to have covid to pass it on. The chance of a vaccinated person carrying covid is, or so I believe, roughly the same percentage as the chance of a false negative in someone who has self administered a lateral flow test. In other words they pose approximately the same risk to public health. 

Edited by 1902

All those that don't like vaccines do some research on the Spanish flu and the 18 millions dead after world war 2... lot less populated then as well.

Don't listen to the noise, listen to the worlds best scientists and doctors... it's their job.

Edited by Kenny Foggo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ray said:

Yes, you’re absolutely correct.  It’s offered to all healthcare personnel.

Klopp's point is not entirely about the moral choice of having the vaccine or not, which people are discussing here.

The issue is that there's different rules based on vaccination status, which creates a logistical issues and that in turn may play a part in whether they sign an unvacced player.  As a club abiding to laws, they need to manage vaccinated and un-vaccinated staff differently, meaning different rooms, and areas to change, train and eat in where a positive case registered.  And that's not even getting into travel for European matches and related quarantine rules.

The rules being put in place, are very much setup to encourage people to get jabbed.  Sadly, the govt seems to think dangling a carrot  is the correct way to get people vaccinated.  Which I kinda get being a business owner, sadly. 😞

As @Christoph Stiepermann said earlier, this never should've been politicised, that's where the mis-trust comes.  If we had clear common sense facts that can be quantified from independent health/medical experts.  Some acceptance that natural immunity is valid, but jabs extends, or rather guarantees a level of immunity, getting decent sleep, nutrition, exercise, Vitamin D/Zinc etc are all good practises.   

But there's rarely such messages, it's very draconian fear mongering and constant bias towards the track which the government wants to take.  You then mix the media and their biases and need to sell content, it's a **** storm.

As on offshoot we've now got the vaccinated and unvaccinated against one another and it's a horrendous for society.  Once that split exists it's very easy to exploit and extend the passport system into being more expansive in the division it offers.  We're talking VIP style divided areas at restaurants, increased service charges on bills if unvacc'd etc.  That's the trouble with all this carrot dangling, people are easily bought when there's benefits to yield.

After the divisions of Brexit, I'm personally Praying that this wave is mild, and any future mutations go that way - if not for health, for the good of society.  please please please!

40 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Sadly, the govt seems to think dangling a carrot  is the correct way to get people vaccinated.

I think it's more akin to a stick approach. You can't call the ability to do something you've always been able to do a positive incentive, it's more "if you don't do this, we're going to take something away".

A carrot would be a £50 amazon voucher after your second jab. And you'd soon see these "anti-vaxxers" forget their concerns when they can get a new Xbox controller out of a 15 minute trip to a vaccination centre. If they think a 100% vaccinated population would prevent lockdowns, then it's actually an economically sensible idea. It'd cost £3 billion to offer 60 million people £50, that's small change to what a lengthy lockdown would cost the economy. Do they genuinely believe that a near 100% vaccinated population would stop the need for lockdowns though?

Edited by canarydan23

6 hours ago, Monty13 said:

Many companies give out flu vouchers to all employees for private jabs, mine employees thousands of people and offers them all a flu shot. It literally is marketed to everyone, their choice if they want to.

image.jpeg.818f258d41299a40fb10d7c5607e3757.jpeg
This is the guy they had advertising people to get the flu jab 😂😂

6 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

This is more like it, Buh. Stick to topics you're experienced in.

You literally have nothing to say mate, at least I’m marmite, you may as well not be here.

Really don’t think you’re getting this concept of NHS free flu jabs versus private flu jabs.

52 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Really don’t think you’re getting this concept of NHS free flu jabs versus private flu jabs.

Don’t think you are getting that you get people with no conditions have never had routine flu jabs every year. Private or public.

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Does it hurt that even he has managed to get some pu*sy?

6 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Does it hurt that even he has managed to get some pu*sy?

Look, you’re getting mad now. It’s getting a bit sad. Try and choke back the tears little lad. You’ve not done this before, have you?

have to add that to the list of things you’ve never done before

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Look, you’re getting mad now. It’s getting a bit sad. Try and choke back the tears little lad. You’ve not done this before, have you?

have to add that to the list of things you’ve never done before

You could have just said yes?

Just now, The Real Buh said:

image.thumb.png.ef1957400cf63474a50739b9ceaecf54.pngThis u?

You can pay for it, you know. I wouldn't normally recommend it but for you it's probably healthier than this.

15 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Don’t think you are getting that you get people with no conditions have never had routine flu jabs every year. Private or public.

Is old now a condition?