Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Media coverage, still shocking

Is it me, or Is there literally no interest in us at all in the media - other than to belittle when it suits, of course (and we always seem to have ‘struggling’ as a prefix!).

This just taken from the BBC ‘live build up’ page.  No prizes for noticing an obvious omission.

>>>>
At the bottom...

image.gif.cbce436be979f927f11f69249fd73fa1.gif
BBC SportCopyright: BBC Sport

And here is how things look at the bottom, with Newcastle continuing to prop up the rest of the table as they still await their first win.

Burnley picked up a point at Wolves and still have that game in hand after their meeting with Tottenham was postponed. A win for the Clarets in that once it's rearranged would really spice things up.

Leeds got a big win at Crystal Palace, while Southampton were held 2-2 at home against Leicester.

It's Watford who are in immediate danger of being pulled into the relegation places though, after they lost 2-1 to Chelsea at Vicarage Road.

>>>>

Of course it’s just the way things are, and we are all well used to it - it’s pretty much wall to wall Rangnick and Man U today - but even so. 

We are just not ‘sexy’ enough. If only Frankie had decided we were right for him….things could’ve been so much different. Media darlings overnight. 

All the more reason to believe we can quietly sneak out and stay up then. They'll become aware of that!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, astro said:

We are just not ‘sexy’ enough. If only Frankie had decided we were right for him….things could’ve been so much different. Media darlings overnight. 

I don't think he was ever offered the job so it's more a case of us deciding he wasn't right.

I know I’m biased but I don’t get it. Brits love an underdog and our unique funding situation makes us the biggest underdog in the PL by a mile. Delia is a national treasure and our recent results put us near the top of the form table in massive contrast to our start to the season. That’s a brilliant story right there isn’t it? 🤨

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I know I’m biased but I don’t get it. Brits love an underdog and our unique funding situation makes us the biggest underdog in the PL by a mile. Delia is a national treasure and our recent results put us near the top of the form table in massive contrast to our start to the season. That’s a brilliant story right there isn’t it? 🤨

👏👍💪🥳

5 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

All true but it’s possible we’re considered boring, old news, bad smell etc. Media tend to love new things when it comes to underdogs, old things when it concerns winners , don’t you find?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I don't think he was ever offered the job so it's more a case of us deciding he wasn't right.

I am pretty sure he was not offered the job and I doubt he was ever seriously in the running, and certainly not once Smith became available on the Sunday.

To the rest of the footballing world we're a boring little club with boring owners who's only input in to raising our profile is to embarrass us with piśsed up rants or to fall asleep at a game.

We're a joke to most. Cant help thinking if it was any other club us city fans would all be saying the same a copping the pisś out of them. 

What else do we expect?

17 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

We're a joke to most. Cant help thinking if it was any other club us city fans would all be saying the same a copping the pisś out of them. 

What else do we expect?

I think you're absolutely right. I can imagine most other football teams, like Derby or Ipswich absolutely ripping it out of us.

• Like 1

Lianne Sanderson has just trotted out the tired old line on Sky that we don't deserve to be in the EPL because we didn't throw money down the drain like Fulham.  It would be good if people pulled these pundits up on this, but no it doesn't meet the agenda.  Stuff 'em, we'll stay up to push it down their throats.

• Like 1

The BBC are clueless about Norwich. Watched the Match of the Day highlights today. The commentator stated that Tzolis was in for Normann and Rupp replaces Rasicha 😆. Obviously no idea about our squad.

Edited by graz
Typo

I couldn’t care less about the national media, it’s mostly sensationalist to generate clicks and terrible opinions.

Norwich is like a cult club, people who get it get it. 

• Like 6

They'll care about us if we start winning games 

9 minutes ago, AJ said:

They'll care about us if we start winning games 

We *have* started winning games and we’re unbeaten in four.

Been like this forever. 

Wouldn't worry so much about it. We know what we're about, that's all that matters 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

Lianne Sanderson has just trotted out the tired old line on Sky that we don't deserve to be in the EPL because we didn't throw money down the drain like Fulham.  It would be good if people pulled these pundits up on this, but no it doesn't meet the agenda.  Stuff 'em, we'll stay up to push it down their throats.

Sorry shefcanary, I didn't see your comment before I started a new post - "Still little old Norwich" - picking up precisely on what you were saying about Lianne Sanderson's blurb and the way to use it to our advantage.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, we're just that yo-yo club that keeps gatecrashing the Premier League for 1 season, does nothing but stink up the place and takes the money that other more worthy clubs should get. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wr4sb said:

Yeah, we're just that yo-yo club that keeps gatecrashing the Premier League for 1 season, does nothing but stink up the place and takes the money that other more worthy clubs should get. 

Edited by Making Plans

10 minutes ago, wr4sb said:

Such as .........Fulham,WBA,Bournemouth,Derby,Stoke and Ipsh*te maybe 😴

2 hours ago, Ian said:

I think you're absolutely right. I can imagine most other football teams, like Derby or Ipswich absolutely ripping it out of us.

But we’re not try to compete with Derby or Ipswich you clown. 

Your blinkered acceptance that everything is wonderful in the Canary garden is one of the reason we are never taken seriously. 

It always the same with the sycophants at this club. Duh everything is great. Farke is great we are great. Clubs say Farke isn’t great Duh Farke isn’t great. Club says new manager is great Duh new manager is great. And on it and on it goes. 

Ha ha. Derby are in trouble. Ha ha Ipswich are ****. Ha ha if Villa are relegated they are in serious trouble. Duh how can we expect to compete with the likes of Villa if one of our players wants to leave. Duh Duh Duh. 

The club say there’s no offers of investment? The club say we’re not actively seeking investment!!!. Duh we’re a self funding club. Duh the club says we’re special we do it right. Duh we’re relegated again Duh that’s alright because we don’t have multi million pound investors!!!! 

We are a joke! And we are surprised others think so?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, astro said:

I didnt need to hear any more of 'Frank Lampard's Norwich City' or any more vicarious Chelsea love from the fanboys

• Like 1

We're doing far better than Ipswich or Derby...because of the prudence of our ownership model.

Anyone who thinks we're a joke because of our model is the joke. Furthermore, it's clearly flown past them. Which makes them even funnier.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Have you ever conversed with fans of other teams? Football snobbery is rife these days. If we're not spunking £50m per player we're beneath them

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

We're doing far better than Ipswich or Derby...because of the prudence of our ownership model.

Anyone who thinks we're a joke because of our model is the joke. Furthermore, it's clearly flown past them. Which makes them even funnier.

Yet they still seem to want clubs like us to bankrupt ourselves by 'going for it' as if there were no consequences. 

Ask Bolton and Leeds fans if they enjoyed their experience with financial risk-taking

• Like 1

Just now, The Great Mass Debater said:

Have you ever conversed with fans of other teams? Football snobbery is rife these days. If we're not spunking £50m per player we're beneath them

That's funny, the Everton and Villa fans who are two of my business contacts are very complimentary of how Norwich go about their business and their financing. Mind you, the Everton fan was actually a football coach for quite some time, but I can't remember what level he coached at.

Mind you, Everton have spent hundreds of millions under several different managers over the last ten years with a squillionaire owner, and it's not always worked. Although I must say I do like the impressions of their new stadium.

Just now, The Great Mass Debater said:

Yet they still seem to want clubs like us to bankrupt ourselves by 'going for it' as if there were no consequences. 

Ask Bolton and Leeds fans if they enjoyed their experience with financial risk-taking

Re. the bit in bold, I know very well, as I live there. 😉