Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Down to the final 2

The athletic claims it's "2 experienced, but modern, forward-thinking coaches"

I'm not sure Lampard really passes the 'experienced' tag.

• Like 3

I’m not sure that either Lambert or Knutsen fit that description in the sense that neither are particularly experienced but I suppose it depends on what is meant by experience! 

Edited by Jim Smith

I really don’t think it’s Lampard but I also don’t know who else it could be. Would Knutsen really leave his club just a couple of games before the end of the season where they’d be crowned champions?

Which other modern, forward thinking coaches could we realistically attract?

Definitely in the "unexcited" group as far as Lampard is concerned. Another tough no nonsense coach please to keep the players in line. Some seem to "expect" to be in the team. No. Work for it and prove it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1457639923830476801

I suspect Lampard and Knutsen but maybe there's a surprise in there... the last couple of managers we've had have come from nowhere.

I can't help but think that Jake Humphreys cryptic "excited" tweet was Lampard being in line for the job.

Cheers for that TJ. I think the aspect I liked the most from that tweet was that the final 2 contenders are being put through a week or so long process before the final decision is made. It is absolutely crucial we do our due diligence and get this appointment right. God knows what they’re being put through over the course of a week, but if this info is true, then I’m all for it. Stuart Webber bring meticulous to his attention to detail as always 👍

Just now, Alex Moss said:

God knows what they’re being put through over the course of a week, but if this info is true, then I’m all for it.

Who can do the best on Football Manager 2022 over the course of 5 days I hope.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Please be Favre

He fits the description. That would in theory be a very exciting appointment. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Brilliant 😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Please be Favre

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

A manager I've long admired and feel would be a perfect fit for us at this point. Tactically astute, excellent with young players, vastly experienced at the top level and used to working within tighter budget constraints.

Makes the likes of Lampard look like nothing more than a ball boy in comparison mangerially speaking...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Wouldn’t be disappointed by Favre at all 👍

• Like 1

If it's a British manager I think Lampard would be my choice, and I think we would be a perfect fit for him

But I'm sure Webber has a list of potentials we have never heard of.

If agents are involved, it will also add to the wait as wages are discussed, working with a sporting director, severance pay, bonuses, etc. Also, what additional staff they feel they need and if that impacts on any other current employees who might have to be let go.

2 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:
12 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Please be Favre

5 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

A manager I've long admired and feel would be a perfect fit for us at this point. Tactically astute, excellent with young players, vastly experienced at the top level and used to working within tighter budget constraints.

Makes the likes of Lampard look like nothing more than a ball boy in comparison mangerially speaking...

All good, but not in the Premier League.  Favours fast attacking football - do we have the players to do that? Isn't that why 433 wasn't working for us under Farke?  Was sacked after a big loss at Dortmund. Surely we want someone who is going to steady the ship, focus on defence and midfield and try and win ugly this season, not try and play our way out of trouble?

9 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Cheers for that TJ. I think the aspect I liked the most from that tweet was that the final 2 contenders are being put through a week or so long process before the final decision is made. It is absolutely crucial we do our due diligence and get this appointment right. God knows what they’re being put through over the course of a week, but if this info is true, then I’m all for it. Stuart Webber bring meticulous to his attention to detail as always 👍

More likely the other way round, Webber knows who he wants and is persuading/negotiating to bring them on board. The other candidate is contingency in case talks collapse.

• Like 2

Davitt this morning suggesting the delay may be over sorting out their coaching team which implies both guys are up for the job.

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

All good, but not in the Premier League.  Favours fast attacking football - do we have the players to do that? Isn't that why 433 wasn't working for us under Farke?  Was sacked after a big loss at Dortmund. Surely we want someone who is going to steady the ship, focus on defence and midfield and try and win ugly this season, not try and play our way out of trouble?

Who would be your choice Lakey?

13 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

Would he come here though? I thought he'd be capable of landing a midtable Premier League club, if he wanted to manage over here. Of course, if we got him I wouldn't be disappointed.

19 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

I got kings lynn European champions by 2028 😏. Give me the job....

Jokin

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Put it this way, we aren't going to get anyone better than Favre come to Norwich.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

We want someone who can get the best out of the talent we have and forge them into a cohesive unit that enables us to at the very least survive this season but build on this throughout for a clearer improvement next.

I think many of us have questioned some of Farke's player choices, with many of our supposed 'top' players used sparingly or frozen out (Tzolis, Rashica, Todd, Gilmour etc), and I don't think we'd see that under Favre.

Also, we don't really have the player types to 'win ugly', we're not a physical side who can bully teams off the ball, most of our players are slighter in stature and use technique, skill and movement to be effective, something which isn't suited to a more defensive/physical style of grinding out necessary wins. This is partly what happened under Hughton, who tried to enforce a more defensive minded approach on players it didn't suit, and frankly it was some of the worst football I've seen at this club!

Many of the best managers we've ever seen in the PL didn't have experience here before joining, think Wenger, think Pep, think Tuchel, think Klopp, think Bielsa etc, NONE of them had PL experience, yet would you take Lampard over ANY of them based on his time at Chelsea???

If Favre set up us in a similar manner to what he used at BMG, I can absolutely see that working with our players, and it isn't a million miles from how they have been asked to play for the past few years, so adjustment time would be much smaller than completely changing our approach to a style you favour.

Favre is one of the most underrated managers in the modern game, and would be an absolute coup if he came here, much like Leeds getting Bielsa was for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Not sure why there’s all this speculation. Obviously going to be one of Warnock or Allardyce.

Experienced yes, but modern, forward thinking coaches?

Has to be Pards or Curbs surely?

• Haha 2