lake district canary

It's not over. The season is not finished, how can it be?

28 games and a game where we could pick up points next week and a two week break to regroup. It's awful not getting points or wins, like we are used to seeing, but the truth is still there - there are 28 more games.  All we can do is look forward to the next game, get behind the team and will them on to a victory. It will happen sooner or later, we were not particularly outplayed yesterday, just those fine margins that can do for any team.

Not going on too long (or Tilly won't like it) but the only way to look at it positively imo is to look forward to that next game - not look forward as in "oh no here we go again" but to actually keep believing. I know people don't like that being said to them, but in all the emotions of sadness, anger, frustration, the way forwards is to look at the next game and get up for it. 

Don't know why I feel like this after defeats when others just seem to want to wallow in self-pity, I'm still a bit down after yesterday, but the joy in the system is that there is another game on Saturday. Roll on the next game and let's see if the team are inmproving enough to get points. 

Burnley and Brighton were good fighting performances, Chelsea an abberation, Leeds was a good battle until that second goal, so we are maybe not far off getting something from a game. Brentford is a game we can get point(s) from. Definitely.

Sermon over, Tilly. Cage Priest GIF - Cage Priest Dance GIFs

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

28 games and a game where we could pick up points next week and a two week break to regroup. It's awful not getting points or wins, like we are used to seeing, but the truth is still there - there are 28 more games.  All we can do is look forward to the next game, get behind the team and will them on to a victory. It will happen sooner or later, we were not particularly outplayed yesterday, just those fine margins that can do for any team.

Not going on too long (or Tilly won't like it) but the only way to look at it positively imo is to look forward to that next game - not look forward as in "oh no here we go again" but to actually keep believing. I know people don't like that being said to them, but in all the emotions of sadness, anger, frustration, the way forwards is to look at the next game and get up for it. 

Don't know why I feel like this after defeats when others just seem to want to wallow in self-pity, I'm still a bit down after yesterday, but the joy in the system is that there is another game on Saturday. Roll on the next game and let's see if the team are inmproving enough to get points. 

Burnley and Brighton were good fighting performances, Chelsea an abberation, Leeds was a good battle until that second goal, so we are maybe not far off getting something from a game. Brentford is a game we can get point(s) from. Definitely.

Right GIF - AustinPowers InternationalManOfMystery MikeMyers - Discover &  Share GIFs | International man of mystery, Dr evil, Air quotes

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

My prediction yesterday was pretty much spot on, albeit a lot more concise than your version.

Just now, TheBaldOne66 said:

How many more times are you going to spout this sh1t?

For as many times I see people wallowing in self-pity. It's unpleasant when we keep losing, even depressing if you dwell on it too much but there is another game coming up, still something to look forwards to - another challenge to overcome.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Don't know why I feel like this after defeats when others just seem to want to wallow in self-pity.

None of us know why you feel like that either.  

I take issue with your “self-pity” slur.  I suspect most supporters will go through a range of emotions after yet another defeat, including anger, frustration, despair, incredulity, but certainly not self-pity.

15 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

“Leeds was a good battle until the 2nd goal” - not sure what game you were watching LDC, we were completely and utterly hopeless against a side there for the taking.

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

For as many times I see people wallowing in self-pity. It's unpleasant when we keep losing, even depressing if you dwell on it too much but there is another game coming up, still something to look forwards to - another challenge to overcome.

i Know you will be the last man standing LDC but blind faith is not going to help 

And here comes Lakey, with the positives. Swear we could get relegated to the national Leauge and get wound up and he would still be going on about how there's good things and how it can be turned aroud

.. In some ways I do admire that

@Naturalcynic I'm not happy with the situation. Quite the opposite, but we are seeing threads saying get rid of Farke......oh...oh...get rid of Webber.....oh oh ...get rid of Delia....oh oh....lets destroy everything the last four years has been about.....oh oh.....

It's just wallowing in the dreadfulness of it all, rather than trying to rise above. There IS another game and we have a good chance to get something from it. Surely best to focus on that and stop trying to dismantle the club!

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And here comes Lakey, with the positives. Swear we could get relegated to the national Leauge and get wound up and he would still be going on about how there's good things and how it can be turned aroud

.. In some ways I do admire that

Yes, the Norwich City side in another 30 years, losing to Sunday League pub teams, with all the players paying £3 a week match subs and the manager’s wife providing the half-time oranges, but at least there’d always be the next match to look forward to and we’d still be admired for sticking with our self-funding philosophy.

Edited by Naturalcynic

33 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

But you're not there you clown. season tickets cost money you know so does getting to the games. Some people paid £49.50 to watch that gash yesterday. Many of us do it week in week out and we're sick of ťwats running our club badly and the śhite being dished up every week.

Most of us dont get our kick fantasizing over second rate Geman coaches and what wed like them to do to us. Get over him mate hes dead in the water. A bust flush and 1 trick pony. FARKE OUT! 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

28 games and a game where we could pick up points next week and a two week break to regroup

The issue isn't picking up wins in 28 games, the issue is that the nearest team to us for survival are 3 wins away.  

This means we have to be WAY above average, rather than meeting a level of expectation.

i.e. it's too far adrift now due to the deficit.

If we won 4 wins on the spin we'd still be bottom 3, that's how bad it is, and a run like that is something that the top teams would celebrate to show the magnitude.  And even if that feat occurred, we'd still be in the ****.

• Like 1

If we change manager soon there are plenty of points to play for and time to get out of the mess we're in but that's a massive massive if. Also name calling and accusing people of being mentally ill is pretty unpleasant and unnecessary. 

Never change, Lakey. You have the kind of resilience we need to see more of on the pitch. Like a breath of fresh air when the front page of the forum's most recent posters reads like a Who's Who of miserablists. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Never change, Lakey. You have the kind of resilience we need to see more of on the pitch. Like a breath of fresh air when the front page of the forum's most recent posters reads like a Who's Who of miserablists. 😀

41 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

@Naturalcynic I'm not happy with the situation. Quite the opposite, but we are seeing threads saying get rid of Farke......oh...oh...get rid of Webber.....oh oh ...get rid of Delia....oh oh....lets destroy everything the last four years has been about.....oh oh.....

It's just wallowing in the dreadfulness of it all, rather than trying to rise above. There IS another game and we have a good chance to get something from it. Surely best to focus on that and stop trying to dismantle the club!

Didn’t you have Lego when you were younger?, important life lesson with Lego was that somethings you need to break something apart in order to build something better. 
kudo’s for staying consistent however, I’m sure we will win at least once this season and when we do I fully expect the manager, whoever that may be, to dedicate it to you in his MOTD interview. I will be writing a strongly worded letter to the club if not.

14 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

The issue isn't picking up wins in 28 games, the issue is that the nearest team to us for survival are 3 wins away.  

This means we have to be WAY above average, rather than meeting a level of expectation.

i.e. it's too far adrift now due to the deficit.

If we won 4 wins on the spin we'd still be bottom 3, that's how bad it is, and a run like that is something that the top teams would celebrate to show the magnitude.  And even if that feat occurred, we'd still be in the ****.

If we actually manage to put one or two wins together, we get a bit of momentum that carries us on into further games with a bit more confidence and belief and so more likely to pick up more points.  I know the writing is on the wall this season, having had such a bad start, but never say never.  We went 11 games unbeaten with Hughton after an iffy start to a season and had twenty points by Christmas. It deteriorated after that and I'm not saying we will get to 20 points by then this season, but if somewhere we can put a string of results together at some stage and even get a point or two at places we wouldn't be expected to, then who knows where that momentum could take us. Hard to believe?  Lets see!

LDC, do you not watch our games, do you not see the utter & complete shambles that we have become.

The club is falling apart at the seams with internal bickering, fraid relationships, endless excuses and a complete, lack of motivation,  and quality. 

Out of the10 games we've played we have looked like a PL team for barely half a game.

We've abandoned our usual style of play and now expect players, who we're bought specifically to fit in with that, to adapt to hoofball.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

If we actually manage to put one or two wins together, we get a bit of momentum that carries us on into further games with a bit more confidence and belief and so more likely to pick up more points.  I know the writing is on the wall this season, having had such a bad start, but never say never.  We went 11 games unbeaten with Hughton after an iffy start to a season and had twenty points by Christmas. It deteriorated after that and I'm not saying we will get to 20 points by then this season, but if somewhere we can put a string of results together at some stage and even get a point or two at places we wouldn't be expected to, then who knows where that momentum could take us. Hard to believe?  Lets see!

Highly unlikely however. The stats don't  lie and wishful thinking is not a reliable crutch to lean on.

The focus needs to be on what happens after we are inevitably relegated. Accept what is in front of you and move on.