Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

How many of you...........

I had serious reservations, particularly after the abject finish to the previous season, but our start was nowhere near as bad as this year, and unless change is made now it’s clear we’ll be cut adrift and beyond help.

I never proactively wanted him out but I will admit after we list at home to Leeds I would not have been unhappy if he’d gone because I didn’t think his style of football would work. Fortunately it clicked shortly afterwards but we are miles off that now. We don’t even have a way of playing let alone one that is close to clicking.

He still has my support, there is a lot of credit in the bank as far as I am concerned and with our model stability is a key ingredient.

Having said that, there is only so much strain any model can withstand before some public display of action has to happen, and we all know how those things play out. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

.........wanting Farke out now, wanted him out in his second championship season when we had a poor start - and went on to win it so well.  Genuine question.  Come on - answer honestly......

He used up that free pass in the abysmal post project restart form. Stuck by him then. We’re even worse this time around. 

I wanted him out after the last embarrassment in the top flight, yet here we are again and he’s trying his best to emulate that embarrassment with an even bigger one!

I have never wanted him out until this weekend. I think he is a fantastic manager for a team which dominates the ball but unfortunately not the right type of manager for a team battling at the bottom of the league. 

I really don't think Webber has helped Farke at all but he is the manager and unfortunately I think he now needs to pay the price for our awful showing over 2 Premier league seasons.

The only justification for keeping him is that he has a great record at getting us promoted, but what's the point in that if we just go through the same issues once promoted. 

• Like 1

Not me, rated him and felt he deserved his first crack at the Premier League, expected us to get relegated, expected him to learn from the experience and was not in the least bit surprised we got promoted again. This season there are no excuses, so far I have been underwhelmed by his decisions and tactics and he does not appear to have learnt a thing, I would even argue we look worse this season than our last season in the Prem. Yesterday against Chelsea was a watershed moment for me, I think serious questions need to be asked about his future as Head Coach if we are serious about being ambitious as a club. Daniel Farke is an excellent Championship manager but a very poor Premier League manager, his record at the highest level is abject............

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB
  • Like 1

Concerns yes, undeniable. Actually wanting him gone, no I wasn't at that stage as the position wasn't untenable and the players were at least buying into him. This isn't the case now. 

To fire it back I would have to ask - at what point is it acceptable to sack Farke? 

I never imagined yesterday's performance would be as bad as it was. It was the stuff of nightmares. 

How long would you allow this to continue? If I was a player in this squad I would now be worried where my career is heading. 

I was asked by a pundit, Scott Minto, after DF's first season, whether I rated him as a coach. At that time I said I could see how he wanted to play but it was too slow and we would need a massive change to alter that. And I wasn't sure whether he was the coach to do that. And of course the rest is history.

Of course nobody wanted him out then, what happened is historical now, what’s happening now is not! Over two terms in the premiership Farke has proved to thousands that he doesn’t cut it with the other teams coaches!

53 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

.........wanting Farke out now, wanted him out in his second championship season when we had a poor start - and went on to win it so well.  Genuine question.  Come on - answer honestly......

I can't remember, I think i did have a  grumble, I've mainly been a Webber-out man myself. 

But Farke looks like he has lost the dressing room, the players aren't playing for him. Where do you go from there?

Just now, City 2nd said:

Of course nobody wanted him out then, what happened is historical now, what’s happening now is not! Over two terms in the premiership Farke has proved to thousands that he doesn’t cut it with the other teams coaches!

Strange, I remember having to write a thread to try and talk sense to people then.   What we need now is a reaction from the players, not a knee jerk reaction to kick out one of the best managers we have ever had.

• Haha 1

Just now, lake district canary said:

Strange, I remember having to write a thread to try and talk sense to people then.   What we need now is a reaction from the players, not a knee jerk reaction to kick out one of the best managers we have ever had.

It’s not a knee jerk reaction. 5 wins from 47 top flight games. 17 defeats and 2 draws in the last 19. 3 goals. Humiliation weekly in the national media. Couldn’t be further from “knee-jerk”

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Yes we are all senseless and you are the special one. It’s not knee jerk, look at his PL record ffs

i will admit i wanted him gone after last PL season 

so yes we might not have won the champs last season 

Then again we might have and had a stronger manager now ? 

there is no saying that another manager could not of won last season we would never know that we have a very good team 

what i will say The last PL side DF was someone who was not backed but his record was terrible 

but i put it down to no signings so gave Farke time but i was Concerned that he did not over achieve if you get my meaning we were not in a lot of games ? if you get my meaning the last 11 games were a roll over thats what really worried me 

so hindsight is wonderful and i personally do not have maybe as much loyalty for managers as i should but when he took us down i wanted rid but i totally understand why he was given more time being ahead of the 5 year plan 

Just now, Jim Smith said:

It’s not a knee jerk reaction. 5 wins from 47 top flight games. 17 defeats and 2 draws in the last 19. 3 goals. Humiliation weekly in the national media. Couldn’t be further from “knee-jerk”

Could you imagine a single bit of coverage using the phrase ‘knee jerk’ at the sacking. It would be the least knee jerk manager sacking of all time…

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

you see i see Lambert when he was here better because he kept us up 

now i know some say different era etc but he took us up and kept us there 

i do not take away what Farke has done getting us here but when we have arrived we have been shocking 

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

One of the best managers we’ve ever had?  Certainly not at Premier League level he isn’t.

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Strange, I remember having to write a thread to try and talk sense to people then.   

Jesus ****ing Christ, get your head out of your own **** fella, who the **** do you think you are???? 🤦

I do not think we have a choice, he is a good manager, yet it is the lack of quality in midfield which is exposing us.  We can’t bring in new players currently, by the time we can bring in new players it will all be over.  Is there anyone better at bringing us back up, probably not.  Yet I hate to think that we are giving up at this point, so on balance.  Webber needs to look in Farkes eyes and work out if he believes he can get us firing again.

I think the next round of recruitment needs to be done with the aim of staying up.  I was hopeful that we had achieved that this time, but Normann and Kabak arrived too late. 

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

He’s not the best manager we’ve ever had! God sake. At this level he’s utter śhite! You have personal issues regarding him. But for many he’s turned our team in to an embarrassment! 

1 minute ago, Newtopia said:

I do not think we have a choice, he is a good manager, yet it is the lack of quality in midfield which is exposing us.  We can’t bring in new players currently, by the time we can bring in new players it will all be over.  Is there anyone better at bringing us back up, probably not.  Yet I hate to think that we are giving up at this point, so on balance.  Webber needs to look in Farkes eyes and work out if he believes he can get us firing again.

I think the next round of recruitment needs to be done with the aim of staying up.  I was hopeful that we had achieved that this time, but Normann and Kabak arrived too late. 

If Farke’s still here in January we’ll be so far adrift that the next round of recruitment will be about building for the Championship.

3 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

If Farke’s still here in January we’ll be so far adrift that the next round of recruitment will be about building for the Championship.

If we continue in the same form and it gets to Christmas and we are rock bottom getting thumped each week it will be terrible at Carrow road 

i can not see even Delia allowing that as the crowd will be turning on her and hubbie 

Different Era as when we have seen horses down the street but i will be a sad to see for Farke 

15 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

We saw the reaction of the players yesterday, haven’t seen a Norwich team less interested in playing for a manager in a long long time. That isn’t going to be fixed so easily. 

Also to point out, as much as I have enjoyed Farke’s tenure and his obvious ability in the second tier, it’s hard to judge him as “one of the best managers we have ever had” given his record at this level. The club has spent a good portion of its time in the top tier and there’s even recent examples of managers who’ve been way more successful.