chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Leicester (PL) ****

1 minute ago, CirclePoint said:

Agreed. But the new players look like they’re starting to understand each other.

My main observation is that whenever the ball came out of the back to Cantwell, he seemed to slow the play down.

Agree completely seems afraid to pass forward at times

I'm not sure I understand why before the season the thought was that the first 4 games were a free hit and anything we took from them was a bonus. We have Watford & Brighton at home and Burnley away in the next five matches. We'll finally have a go at teams not competing for Champions League. I think we'll be ok.

7 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

How many premiership games on the bounce without a single point? It must surely be a record or close to it…😟 

Yes thats 13...Prem record is Sunderland with 20.

1 minute ago, Rock The Boat said:

Three mistakes cost us the win. On the bright side we are playing on a par with Leicester which should give us hope for survival this season

Yes. However, Leicester where without a lot of key players, while at the same time our new players are still figuring out how to play together.

Just now, BaltimoreBird said:

I'm not sure I understand why before the season the thought was that the first 4 games were a free hit and anything we took from them was a bonus. We have Watford & Brighton at home and Burnley away in the next five matches. We'll finally have a go at teams not competing for Champions League. I think we'll be ok.

I think we can get something from the arsenal game 

Same old, same old. 

Don't give me the usual excuses, 'one of the best sides in the world' 'we played well' ' season doesn't start till October' 

This is at best, the same as last time in the EPL. Quite frankly, it's looking like being much worse. Absolutely zero point in Norwich being an EPL team. No where near competitive enough. Even Brentford can do it... 

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Biggest problem is both Sargant and Idah had golden chances that were open goals that they missed. We should have at the very least had a point.

Open goals? Jesus christ you don't half spout some sh*te

1 minute ago, Jsim1986 said:

Agree completely seems afraid to pass forward at times

Almost like he didn’t k ow what or where his passing options were before he received the ball.

Just now, Jsim1986 said:

Today we should of at least been getting a point. How are Watford and Brentford looking so much more competitive than we are!? So angry 

Because they've stuck to the same formation and not changed for no real reason at all. And we've played 3 of the top 5 from last season. Still gutted to lose but I watched fair bit of today's game and we competed well. They had players out, yes, but still they're no mugs. Leicester are a well established premier league team, take your chances and you'll win more points. We had the chances just not converted. Pukki took his pen well but his header from aarons cross was a bit disappointing. He could've lobbed the header back across goal or maybe brought it down... all ifs and buts. Onto the Emirates for basement game. At least we have scored 😜

9 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

How many premiership games on the bounce without a single point? It must surely be a record or close to it…😟 

It would certainly be feather in the club's cap if it was a record.

Its not there is it. Barnes and Maddison were woeful and yet we still looked incapable of scoring  from open play.

I do feel we need to go three at the back and two up front. How many times did Teemu get the ball?

And we always seem to come out second best in challenges. Our players cannot help their size but we just don't compete physically.

Well I seem to be in a minority here but I’m fairly positive after that. If there was ever a game that showed the difference a Premier League quality CDM would make then this was it. If we had such a player and kept Lees-Melou on for longer then I’m confident we would have got at least a point out of this. Williams made a mistake for the goal but defensively I thought he was a step up from Dimi. Over to Webber now. I did notice a plane landed at Norwich from Naples before the game so could be something there. 

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Yep. Not content with having wage and transfer budgets a million times higher, they also get the benefit of assistance from refs. VAR was meant to eradicate that; it's increased it.

Exactly mate.. look at last time the red devil's came here and got 2 penalties awarded. 

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

How many games has it been since we last scored a goal in the Prem from open play? Must be a record

I don't know but again it would be a real feather in the club's cap if we have set not one but two Premier League records!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Same old, same old. 

Don't give me the usual excuses, 'one of the best sides in the world' 'we played well' ' season doesn't start till October' 

This is at best, the same as last time in the EPL. Quite frankly, it's looking like being much worse. Absolutely zero point in Norwich being an EPL team. No where near competitive enough. Even Brentford can do it... 

What's your suggestion then? Would you be happy if we tried to play badly in the Championship too? That way we can avoid the EPL.

6 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Good effort by the boys, but not quite enough. Deserved a point.

OTBC

We deserved what we got, nothing.

Effort and endeavour are not enough at this level. We're a national laughing stock in the EPL, and I hate it. Makes me bloody miserable. 

• Like 1

I'll be honest and admit it I don't care. I'm not blaming the ref, VAR or any of that nonsense. I am so sick of watching us lose at this level. Just totally fed up and angry. I am just absolutely sick to bloody death of watching us lose to PL teams. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Today we should of at least been getting a point. How are Watford and Brentford looking so much more competitive than we are!? So angry 

Because our first three games have been against sides who finished in the top five last season? Maybe that's it.

That said we MUST stop letting in sloppy goals. Its non negotiable if you want to stay up. Certainly not panicking or chucking the towel in after three games though. Anyone who is needs to have a word with themselves.

1 minute ago, Jpootz said:

Well I seem to be in a minority here but I’m fairly positive after that. If there was ever a game that showed the difference a Premier League quality CDM would make then this was it. If we had such a player and kept Lees-Melou on for longer then I’m confident we would have got at least a point out of this. Williams made a mistake for the goal but defensively I thought he was a step up from Dimi. Over to Webber now. I did notice a plane landed at Norwich from Naples before the game so could be something there. 

Not Koulibaly just a few years late?!

Just now, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Effort and endeavour are not enough at this level. We're a national laughing stock in the EPL, and I hate it. Makes me bloody miserable. 

I disagree; we did more than enough to get a point. That doesn't mean there weren't problems or areas we need to get a lot better in.

OTBC

Unfortunately another defeat so it’s going to be another hard season wondering where points are coming from. 15 consecutive PL defeats and counting. The good news is we are not rock bottom but Arsenal will fancy having us next to correct that. The next three days are vital if we are to raise morale by boosting our defensive capabilities.

5 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Same old, same old. 

Ha ha ha. Hope the squad have more bravery than you or we really are screwed.

• Like 2

Just now, PRDH said:

What's your suggestion then? Would you be happy if we tried to play badly in the Championship too? That way we can avoid the EPL.

No suggestion. 

We're not good enough at this level. It's deeper than this group of players and manager too. We don't have the investment and we can't attract the calibre of player required. It's the same every single time, bar one season with PL. 

3 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Again - what would you prefer? We don't have the money to buy world-class players like a lot of PL teams. Would you prefer a lack of effort and endeavour?

3 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

We weren't disgraceful today, we were effective at times. This was closer to what's needed.

• Like 1