1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Interesting to know that both of Arsenals main strikers (Lake and Abama) will not be playing tonight.

Because of course

Lucky old Brentford. That’s a massive leg-up.

E8sHQGfWYAEchrg?format=jpg&name=small

Good chance to see how Ajer and Toney do in the Prem..

toiTFSLX?format=png&name=small

Meanwhile Arsenal.. Oh boy. I remember the days when you would know who most of the Arsenal 11 are.. Hardly even know who half of those are.. And Saka on the bench?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Don't know/knew either but think it would be fitting if Tilly, clearly upset by the loss of a mate as he brought us the news of Lapps' passing, were to take on the mantle of official matchday thread starter.

Hope I'm not speaking out of turn Tilly but while I don't agree with all your views, I respect them and your manner.

Cant understand why a man like Carragher with his reputation for generating and distributing sputum is allowed in a nice new ground during a pandemic.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

One of the worst things about having Norwich in the Prem is that it makes it impossible to hope that a team like Brentford pull off an upset against Arsenal. We need the big boys to win all their games against Brentford, Watford, Burnley etc.

This . 100% this. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I fancy Brentford against that Arsenal side unfortunately.

It is somewhat amusing how Arsenal, who only two decades or so ago were known for being such a massive, massive club. They had worldclass superstar players everybody knew a new massive stadium coming, they won the undefeated Premier League golden trophy and looked to be a team on the up, up and up and that nobody could stop them..

And yet here we are now and they are putting out a side I'm sure most would agree with me looks like your bog standard midtable Prem team, the clubs become nothing but a funny joke to most people and are in an absoloute state

Think this very amusingly named video perfectly sums up what Arsenal are like right now and how if they don't get their **** together they might end up beng like..

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It is somewhat amusing how Arsenal, who only two decades or so ago were known for being such a massive, massive club. They had worldclass superstar players everybody knew a new massive stadium coming, they won the undefeated Premier League golden trophy and looked to be a team on the up, up and up and that nobody could stop them..

And yet here we are now and they are putting out a side I'm sure most would agree with me looks like your bog standard midtable Prem team, the clubs become nothing but a funny joke to most people and are in an absoloute state

Think this very amusingly named video perfectly sums up what Arsenal are like right now and how if they don't get their **** together they might end up beng like..

look like a bunch of racists to me

I can't help hoping Brentford do ok, regardless of what happens to us. It is a bit of a fairy story, that's what football should be about. I reckon this season there are more contenders to struggle: Brighton, Burnley, Southampton, Palace in addition to the promoted 3. So I think we have a better chance than usual to get to 17th or above. Mind you I think Brentford could struggle tonight, Arsenal were in form at the end of last season........

I think Brentford will surprise a few…surprise them how abject they will be. 

Can’t stand another tinpot London club in the premiership…..how many clubs does London need….hope they get battered this year.

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Luckily I can’t understand a word Jamie Carragher says

Spit it out 

Brentford are clearly the trendy “big club fans pet” club this year then. Following in the illustrious footsteps of Bournemouth, Swansea, Sheffield United etc

Big club fans love a punchy, gutsy team to keep on as a pet, always makes me cringe…

14 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Luckily I can’t understand a word Jamie Carragher says

I didn’t realise Digby Jones posted on here.

He’s got a regional accent. Get over it.

Oh you just knew it was going to be Sergi “suddenly remembered how to play football when he got inside the m25” Canos

ugh

• Like 1

You can bet when we play Arsenal they’ll be on their game! What a pathetic performance by them so far! Non league side would be 1 up!

7 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I didn’t realise Digby Jones posted on here.

He’s got a regional accent. Get over it.

Hope he won’t be spitting his way around Narwich tomorrow

• Haha 1