Feedthewolf

NCFC Official Supporters Panel: fan issues to discuss

5 minutes ago, Pugin said:

Great reply, thank you.

But what do you mean by ''call out''? How does it work? I have experienced the type of situation when Wilf Zaha was running across to the South Stand before a game two seasons ago. Some fool screamed abuse at him, but it took a very imposing rugby-shirt-wearing guy to take issue with him,. I think the language he used was 'No, no, that really is too much'. The point is, silent condemnation is no solution, if fact quite the opposite.

By "call out", I mean stand up and shout at them! I certainly would, and fingers crossed there will be people of a similar mind throughout the stadium who wouldn't just sit idly by and allow someone to tarnish our club's name.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yep, this will definitely be mentioned specifically within the communication issues. I'm aware that there has been a lot of displeasure with the service offered by the ticket office.

What justification has been given for this? Seems a cost cutting measure at a time when we are presumably better off than we’ve ever been. The previous ticket office staff were very good. Even if there is not a physical office surely a couple of them could still man the phones as it appears nobody is with the matter compounded by the clubs failure to send out season tickets abs memberships in a timely fashion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

What justification has been given for this? Seems a cost cutting measure at a time when we are presumably better off than we’ve ever been. The previous ticket office staff were very good. Even if there is not a physical office surely a couple of them could still man the phones as it appears nobody is with the matter compounded by the clubs failure to send out season tickets abs memberships in a timely fashion.

The justification that was given is that it had been successfully operating remotely during the pandemic: https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2021/july/change-of-hours-to-carrow-road-ticket-office/

It does appear that service levels are suboptimal at the moment, though, so definitely something to raise at the next meeting. It's on the list already.

5 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I've tried calling twice in the last fortnight and both times the call queue was full. The webchat isn't bad but there was still a delay, however they do seem pretty sharp on email responses.

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

The justification that was given is that it had been successfully operating remotely during the pandemic: https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2021/july/change-of-hours-to-carrow-road-ticket-office/

It does appear that service levels are suboptimal at the moment, though, so definitely something to raise at the next meeting. It's on the list already.

Ok thanks. That may possibly be because no fans were attending matches during the pandemic so they weren’t selling any tickets and having to deal with minimal queries?

I can see why they may be tempted to save cists in terms of the physical infrastructure but it’s not good enough that people now seem completely unable to get through to anyone on the phone. 

6 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Seems a cost cutting measure

? Is there any evidence for this? I'd have thought staff shortages due to Covid is more likely - it has affected a lot of other businesses.

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Ok thanks. That may possibly be because no fans were attending matches during the pandemic so they weren’t selling any tickets and having to deal with minimal queries?

I can see why they may be tempted to save cists in terms of the physical infrastructure but it’s not good enough that people now seem completely unable to get through to anyone on the phone. 

It'll definitely be raised, Jim. Now get to the back of the queue, please 😛

@FeedthewolfLooks to me like you will be burning the midnight oil at the next meeting and i hope nobody else of the dozen or so around the table wants to have a say about anything not mentioned on this forum. 😜🤣

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

@FeedthewolfLooks to me like you will be burning the midnight oil at the next meeting and i hope nobody else of the dozen or so around the table wants to have a say about anything not mentioned on this forum. 😜🤣

Ha! Remember that this list is just for consideration of what to put on the agenda, there's no guarantee that anything on this thread will be discussed at the meeting. All 12 of us are in a very active Whatsapp group, though, and @Lessingham Canary and I will ensure that all matters raised by all members are considered for the agenda.

So far, the club have been really good at getting back to us on any pressing matters raised outside of meetings (for example our briefing on the Covid-19 situation this Tuesday, and over the BK8 issue). Fingers crossed that will continue.

Right, that's me over and out for now; matchday starts here!

I wish you all a fantastic return to FCR, and fingers crossed the lads can welcome us back in style.

OTBC!

@Feedthewolfso the club set the agenda and not the OSP then ? AOB should mean anything they don't want as an agenda item can be raised then in that case.

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

There are lots of people of all ages who can't afford to go to football. 

Personally I'm 62 and I'm now better off financially than at any time in my life. I don't expect to get a discount and nor should I. I can't think of any other business that gives discounts to older people. I'd rather pay full price and reduce the cost of children's tickets a bit more. 

https://www.which.co.uk/money/pensions-and-retirement/youre-retired-working-on-benefits-equity-release/perks-and-benefits-of-being-retired-an9sq6p4gjbf

There are simply masses of perks and benefits available to older people from both the government and private sector.

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

@Feedthewolfso the club set the agenda and not the OSP then ? AOB should mean anything they don't want as an agenda item can be raised then in that case.

It's done collaboratively. The Chair and Vice-chair put forward the issues we want to be raised from our side, and the club adds anything they want to discuss from their side.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Is that a serious question?  There are many pensioners whose only income is enough to just about keep their heads above water. Offering them a little bit off the price is a small way of helping them.

They'll be getting a lovely 8% rise in their pensions next year thanks to the triple lock.

40 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Not quite right Gary that the club were dismissive completely of fan consultation over the first revision of the membership scheme as a number of fans sat around the table with the club and i remember well a certain young lady setting herself up for a big dollop of criticism when she took to social media stating her involvement in the process.

The match pick now looks to be a reactive rather than proactive scenario as it now looks like your next meeting could well now take place after the most contentious match of the season i.e. Brentford.

John, if you reread my previous reply, that’s exactly what I said, they ignored fan consultant. The half a dozen, or so, that were at that meeting you mentioned, doesn’t constitute consultation at all, in my opinion. So, I think we’re agreed.

As for second paragraph, as @Feedthewolf has said, the match pick option isn’t going to be changed this season, but there’s absolutely no reason why the Club can’t now comment on how the process went. They now know how many people picked specific games, both home and away, so they should be able to confirm how many are likely to be available for the groups when each game comes available.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Really ?

Do Tesco give you a discount? Or do you get money off your pre match pint? 

Or what about your Amazon purchases? 

It's absolutely nonsense and to hazard a guess, you like me are probably better off than many of our younger fans. 

Just a few points from me, if I may. In no particular order

Firstly - re over 65's getting discount in certain areas, if its to reward loyalty then why not apply a sliding scale of 1% off per year, up to a max of say 10%, but on all adult tickets, not U21's as these are already discounted. Over 65s could put the cost of their free bus trip to the match towards their ticket! 😉 

Re away memberships - there was a few fans consultations regarding this, in various parts of the country too - I know as I went to one at CR. 

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2019/september/membership-consultations/

Setting of the agenda for the OSP - @Feedthewolf@ncfcstar@Lessingham Canary the question raised by @Diane  regarding non pink-un posters concerns appears to have been missed. 

Edited by Greavsy

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

https://www.which.co.uk/money/pensions-and-retirement/youre-retired-working-on-benefits-equity-release/perks-and-benefits-of-being-retired-an9sq6p4gjbf

There are simply masses of perks and benefits available to older people from both the government and private sector.

Have you actually read that? Cheap tickets to the cinema on a Wednesday morning 😂

Has it crossed your mind that may be something to do with filling empty seats? That's something we don't have to do at Carrow Road. In fact we're turning away potential full price customers in order to give a discount to people who don't need it. 

19 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Have you actually read that? Cheap tickets to the cinema on a Wednesday morning 😂

Has it crossed your mind that may be something to do with filling empty seats? That's something we don't have to do at Carrow Road. In fact we're turning away potential full price customers in order to give a discount to people who don't need it. 

You mean the bit about cheap cinema tickets which is just before the bit about cheap tickets for over 65s to “football, cricket and rugby”. Yes, that’s what I was meaning.

whether we should give over 65s cheap tickets is a different discussion, but it’s widespread and to say other businesses don’t do it is just wrong, that’s the point.

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Do Tesco give you a discount? Or do you get money off your pre match pint? 

Or what about your Amazon purchases? 

It's absolutely nonsense and to hazard a guess, you like me are probably better off than many of our younger fans. 

First bus give me a free bus pass.

English Heritage give me an over 65's discount on membership.

Numerous pubs and restaurants do pensioner discounts on lunches.

Friends of Theatre Royal give a large discount to senior members.

Dylan you really are talking nonsense.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

First bus give me a free bus pass.

English Heritage give me an over 65's discount on membership.

Numerous pubs and restaurants do pensioner discounts on lunches.

Friends of Theatre Royal give a large discount to senior members.

Dylan you really are talking nonsense.

Far be it for me bring up your portion size Tilly,  and at the risk of @Uncle Fredpipping up, dont you get smaller portions for pensioner rates? 

Edited by Greavsy

@Feedthewolf

Any idea what the idea is behind not allowing  soft drinks to be served in their bottles and poured into a paper cup? 

Then later during 1/2 time, people freely walking about with bottles of Carlsberg...........

Doesn't make sense. 

Refitted toilets looked good though, and about time .

Might be good to raise the issue of the horrendous queues today - never seen it like that, and with turnstiles not open for what is due to be a capacity crowd.  All under the shroud of covid. Not great. I have huge concerns how on earth they’ll cope if they are having to do covid checks.

22 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Setting of the agenda for the OSP - @Feedthewolf@ncfcstar@Lessingham Canary the question raised by @Diane  regarding non pink-un posters concerns appears to have been missed. 

Thanks @Greavsy, I've addressed that with Diane now.  But to clarify here too for any eyes on this, as we are active on this messageboard it makes sense for us to have a place to collate issues raised by pinkun posters.  That doesn't mean that they will take priority over potential issues raised by fans who do not engage on this thread, everything is considered prior to our meetings and items can be raised by any of the members of the panel.

• Thanks 2

On 13/08/2021 at 11:35, Feedthewolf said:

Replies in bold above.

Thanks. My further comments are as follows:

3. There were consultation sessions re Away membership around 20 months or so ago. The issue is to what extent were the issues raised taken on board? One friend of mine attended the London session. He rarely goes to Carrow Road or to away games outside the South East. Nevertheless he  prided himself on attending every London fixture in the last 20 years. He couldn't get a ticket for West Ham. My son is a South East based supporter looking to do likewise. The Club probably can't satisfy the demand for South East matches. I have some sympathy with them regarding that. From my point of view as someone who has followed Away games more widely as I can't go to matches down South with my family and friends, I have decided not to go to the Midlands or North either. Where I have no sympathy for the Club is their money making schemes such as Away members charges and luxury coaches from Carrow Road which put money first and supporters a distant second hence why Brentford is emerging as the big problem. Match Pick seems like a sticky plaster response rather than a well thought out one.

4. We should spare a thought for the Clubs front line staff at the moment. Perhaps many of them enjoyed their customer facing roles and to be suddenly faced with a call centre environment with all the queries emerging from fans maybe challenging. Perhaps the same applies to Panel Members to some extent. In 2004 the Club had a Fans Consultative network in which I suspect most members were shareholders, which was directly referred to in the Annual Report and where their was Director representation at 6 regional roadshows. This was dismantled 10 years ago. Now the wheel needs to be reinvented.

Nearly 20 years on from the last shareholder issue the AGM feels like going through the motions especially online with no interactivity last year. In a sense what is the point when young people are not engaged apart from just being dumped upon to mop up the past and receive no rewards in response as was the central issue in the IFO report. 7,000 shareholders must also be a significant overhead for the Club in terms of maintenance. Perhaps they should try to wrap it up in favour of shares being transferred to a strong supporters trust? At least then the concept of supporter representation can be linked to Club ownership in a style that can be far more effective.

From the game yesterday, minor improvements to be made are:

- Substitutions - at least in the Barclay upper the announcements were echoy/muffled and there was moving showing on the scoreboard like there used to be, so no way to know for Liverpool changes (as I don’t know their subs bench) who was coming on. Please fix the speakers and put up the changes on the scoreboard

- Empty seats - could there be a system to sell empty seats cheap after say 15 mins have elapsed? I noticed quite a lot while many people couldn’t get tickets. We could have a fan zone where people wait in a queueing system

- tv screens before the game were showing the cricket. Can we have sky sports news or a live game if another is being played please?

48 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Nearly 20 years on from the last shareholder issue the AGM feels like going through the motions especially online with no interactivity last year. In a sense what is the point when young people are not engaged apart from just being dumped upon to mop up the past and receive no rewards in response as was the central issue in the IFO report. 7,000 shareholders must also be a significant overhead for the Club in terms of maintenance. Perhaps they should try to wrap it up in favour of shares being transferred to a strong supporters trust? At least then the concept of supporter representation can be linked to Club ownership in a style that can be far more effective.

How do you define a strong supporters trust as the  current one has taken 20 years to amass just over 3,000 shares and as i understand it has around 300 paid up members but i am sure if i am incorrect i will be told so. I just cannot imagine 300,000 not in the hands of the current majority shareholders being given over under that set up ?

18 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

From the game yesterday, minor improvements to be made are:

- Substitutions - at least in the Barclay upper the announcements were echoy/muffled and there was moving showing on the scoreboard like there used to be, so no way to know for Liverpool changes (as I don’t know their subs bench) who was coming on. Please fix the speakers and put up the changes on the scoreboard. 

Also whilst on the scoreboard the print for the teams is far to small. 

The Liverpool team had 1/2 the screen taken up with their badge, thus making their team names unreadable. Can we make the badge smaller / a water mark and the text bigger. 

Was similar for some of the Norwich screens, when shown in formation. 

Waste of time having the screen if you can't read the text. 

Also I get the current stance is not to show goals we concede but is that what the majority of fans want? Yesterday there was a discussion about the first goal, and a replay would have assisted.  Accept this is a contentious one, so throwing it open for debate. 

Good idea about away goal replays but I guess for our boys out there it’s not a good thing so I’m happy to pass on that one 👍