Feedthewolf

NCFC Official Supporters Panel: fan issues to discuss

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Agreed. 😀

Sam will love that people were arguing about his role on the pinkun. 

And to complete the picture Greavsey , Anthony Richens is the FD, joined from MK Dons and also isn’t on the Exec Committee , but does play off 8 handicap so probably should be as he hits it miles 🤣

Not sure we were arguing, I just got his (interim)  title wrong 😀 

9 minutes ago, Diane said:

Not sure we were arguing, I just got his (interim)  title wrong 😀 

No, argument here either. 

I just asked who was on the exec ctte to  replace Ben K, I've kindly been given two names, but they are not on the exec ctte. 

Hopefully the panel will be able to fill in the blanks post their first meeting next month. 

Thanks both for the details thus far. Appreciated. 

10 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Agreed. 😀

Sam will love that people were arguing about his role on the pinkun. 

And to complete the picture Greavsey , Anthony Richens is the FD, joined from MK Dons and also isn’t on the Exec Committee , but does play off 8 handicap so probably should be as he hits it miles 🤣

Sam's a top bloke. I encountered him last year through work and he was extremely helpful, and have chatted with him a couple of times at recent events.

I'll add to the list about the senior structure/exec committee... although I'm pretty sure the club would make an announcement when they can. If they're appointing externally, most execs at that level work off at least a three-month notice period.

• Thanks 1

Any chance of asking for an update about safe standing at CR given recent news? We've been at the front of pushing that debate with Tracey Crouch, but presumably won't be participating in trials as we don't have rail seats yet.... would be interested to see how fast the club would anticipate adopting this, which areas (presumably lower barclay and snakepit?), etc etc

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kick it off said:

Any chance of asking for an update about safe standing at CR given recent news? We've been at the front of pushing that debate with Tracey Crouch, but presumably won't be participating in trials as we don't have rail seats yet.... would be interested to see how fast the club would anticipate adopting this, which areas (presumably lower barclay and snakepit?), etc etc

Definitely worth an ask in my opinion... I'll put it forward for consideration. Thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Sam's a top bloke. I encountered him last year through work and he was extremely helpful, and have chatted with him a couple of times at recent events.

I'll add to the list about the senior structure/exec committee... although I'm pretty sure the club would make an announcement when they can. If they're appointing externally, most execs at that level work off at least a three-month notice period.

Out of interest, the Club are currently advertising (on Linked In) the job of Head of Sales and Acquisition, which is more akin to Ben Tunnells old role.  

Sam's role is now "responsible for all revenue-generating areas" - so a wide - ish role. 

• Like 1

@Feedthewolf one of your OSP colleagues Johnathon Byrne is on Facebook this evening asking for items to be placed on the agenda for your meeting which he says is on 17th so take your sleeping bag with you. 🤣

Anyway what caught my attention was his claim the plans are in motion to increase the capacity at Carrow Road by 7,000. Is this something you or anybody else on the OSP are aware of ?

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

@Feedthewolf one of your OSP colleagues Johnathon Byrne is on Facebook this evening asking for items to be placed on the agenda for your meeting which he says is on 17th so take your sleeping bag with you. 🤣

Anyway what caught my attention was his claim the plans are in motion to increase the capacity at Carrow Road by 7,000. Is this something you or anybody else on the OSP are aware of ?

Leaving aside the question of whether plans are in motion, that is a very high figure.

10 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Leaving aside the question of whether plans are in motion, that is a very high figure.

Indeed it is but that was his claim Purple and it raised my eyebrows.

20 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Indeed it is but that was his claim Purple and it raised my eyebrows.

Our eyebrows may have been in synch...

16 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Our eyebrows may have been in synch...

Well on the basis that an increase of 7000 must mean a new City Stand , you can include my eyebrows in the Collective Raising . 

I don't know if it's been read before, answer but I work on the fact that they have been streaming the under-23 games. It would be nice is better be some form of commentary. It wouldn't have to be expensive  - basically it would just help to identify the players.

I would have thought it would provide some news from media training for some of the younger players considering their future or a voluntary opportunity for other staff? 

Edited by Badger

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Less fat people would create more space.😇👍😉

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Less fat people would create more space.😇👍😉

But they generate more income at the food kiosks..... Surely? 

46 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Well on the basis that an increase of 7000 must mean a new City Stand , you can include my eyebrows in the Collective Raising . 

It would mean an 11,000-seat stand. For comparison the South Stand holds about 8,000.

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

But they generate more income at the food kiosks..... Surely? 

But generally waddle slowly and clog up the concourses.

How much narrower would a seat be if capacity was to be increased by 7000 by narrowing seats alone, ?no new stand needed. Or bench seats would allow many,many more. Season tickets priced on waistline.

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Yes . There are still ladies toilets V.W. 

what about wash hand basins and hand driers?

46 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

But generally waddle slowly and clog up the concourses.

How much narrower would a seat be if capacity was to be increased by 7000 by narrowing seats alone, ?no new stand needed. Or bench seats would allow many,many more. Season tickets priced on waistline.

28,000 ish at the moment so you'd need to lose 25% width to accommodate the extra 7000 seats if they were all being fitted on the existing footprint of the seats.

14 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

That's news to me, Tilly. Not heard that from anywhere, either official or unofficial.

21 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Presumably ladies loos is not a matter of concern 

Do you think Bill maybe in there? Hes not been about for a while ☺ 

57 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Do you think Bill maybe in there? Hes not been about for a while ☺ 

Well that may be why all the cubicles are full.😁

It’s a bit of a shame that the ladies needs dont seem to be taken seriously though.

Edited by Van wink

6 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

That's news to me, Tilly. Not heard that from anywhere, either official or unofficial.

I think OSP Johnathan has got the wrong end of the stick by giving the impression that this is in motion. Ben Kensell  explained at the Nov  2019 AGM that we'd bought the strip of land & that the long term plan was to expand Carrow Road

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-annual-meeting-carrow-road-expansion-strategy-1825938

Edited by Diane

37 minutes ago, Diane said:

I think OSP Johnathan has got the wrong end of the stick by giving the impression that this is in motion. Ben Kensell  explained at the Nov  2019 AGM that we'd bought the strip of land & that the long term plan was to expand Carrow Road

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-annual-meeting-carrow-road-expansion-strategy-1825938

He also mentioned that at the fans forum, to discuss the away membership. 

2 land parcels had been purchased, one behind the Barclay (for an additional car park if I remember correctly) and the one behind the city stand as you've mentioned. 

That said, he didn't give any numbers at that meeting, just that without the land being purchased the increase of the city stand wouldn't be able to take place. 

5 hours ago, Van wink said:

Presumably ladies loos is not a matter of concern 

Don't know about the ladies powder rooms but the hot water in the South Stand gents must come directly from the Earth's core. Best left untouched unless you fancy a trip to the burns unit at the N & N

It's so hot I've seen people in there making a tea brew straight out of the tap 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Don't know about the ladies powder rooms but the hot water in the South Stand gents must come directly from the Earth's core. Best left untouched unless you fancy a trip to the burns unit at the N & N

It's so hot I've seen people in there making a tea brew straight out of the tap 🙂

I get the impression that the Supporters Panel isn't really interested in the issues that directly affect the fans experience at the game.