Sign in to follow this  
Bill

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Newcastle *****

Irish Newcastle commentator full of admiration for our play. Says NUFC aren't good enough to play out from the back.

Interesting to hear that the Newcastle commentators are saying we're better at playing out with the ball.

Newcastle commentator saying they’re ‘laboured’ and ‘pedestrian’, but full of praise for our patched up team mentioning we’re ‘quicker, faster, winning the second balls’ etc. Pretty sure the second half will be more difficult though as they inevitably bring on their star player, Saint-Maximin. However, we also have our main threat on the bench, the bloke I keep seeing getting written off after his paltry 26 goals last season 😂.  But as I say, we’re playing with a largely patched up side so credit to the lads for that first half performance. 

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Cheers Bill, what formation do you think we will work on today😉

9 0 1 as farke says idah has been good but can be better, so let's watch him do all the attacking on his own 😂

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

1:0 Newcastle according to sky bet

Goal by Matt Ritchie, Gibson at fault apparently, should have put his foot through it according to the co-commentator (John Anderson).

I look forward to the panic threads. Although yes, losing to a Newcastle C team a week away from the start of the season with half our squad missing is a tad worrying.

Still 40 minutes to go though, calm your horses 😉

12 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Goal by Matt Ritchie, Gibson at fault apparently, should have put his foot through it according to the co-commentator (John Anderson).

Pinkun live reckons Zimmermann screwed up on the through ball, we then missed chances to clear - we do need to learn when to blast a clearance rather than fanny about with it

Edited by Branston Pickle

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

sEe dIs sHoWz wE rNT gUud eNuff dEliar oUtzzz!!!!

That's really really poor banter it has to be said

Really don’t care a great deal about preseason, but it can give indications - one is that we appear to have a lot of work to do having had that covid break; we need the missing guys to come back fit and raring to go. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

The short part of the commentary I’ve heard, it sounds like our defence is the issue today. Let’s hope we can fix that once the missing players are back.

Yeah, nothing to tell from this with 6 of the squad missing and at least 2 new players to come in.

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

The short part of the commentary I’ve heard, it sounds like our defence is the issue today. Let’s hope we can fix that once the missing players are back.

This comment gives me Deja Vu to our last time in the Prem.. More things change the more they stay the same etc

8 players unavailable   .....Hanley,Raschica,Cantwell,Hernandez,Placheta,Hugill,Byram,Mumba......but perhaps worringly, only 3 (the first 3) likely starters.

A worry ; even though I dont like to read much into pre season, but I'm not sure if we have enough ....yet

Jesus bloody christ it's PRESEASON.

At least we aren't losing at home vs morecambe 

Yes there’s a number of mitigation’s for today’s result. Still a dose of reality.