Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Millwall fans not watching the final...

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/now-the-knee-takers-are-finished.48841/

These people walk among us, by the way. 

All because they still take the knee before a match, essentially. Or better put, because they're racists and our best player so far is black.

Any sufficiently large enough group of people has its idiots. Always good when it’s clear who they are.

As much as I would agree with those black voices who say this is slacktivism, I will say this, namely that gestures like this will always trigger those who need to be triggered.

And you're seeing a whole thread of it right there.

“Macron Is already out and Merkel looks like a reject lesbian”

Quite extraordinary. I actually wish I hadn’t followed the link and read any of that . Deeply depressing . Nothing to do with taking the knee , BLM or anything else . Just pure bigoted ignorance . 

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/now-the-knee-takers-are-finished.48841/

These people walk among us, by the way. 

All because they still take the knee before a match, essentially. Or better put, because they're racists and our best player so far is black.

You know, I actually prefer it if the racists don't watch and enjoy the success. It sure beats the alternative which is to embolden their sense of extreme nationalism.

• Like 3

Am I alone in thinking there are some good points made there about Qatar and also the Nike manufacturing.

Not trying to defend everything said but there are some pretty true statements there

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mark .Y. said:

Am I alone in thinking there are some good points made there about Qatar and also the Nike manufacturing.

Not trying to defend everything said but there are some pretty true statements there

The World Cup in Qatar is definitely a reasonable point, in fact I don't think this Euro tournament should have had a leg in Russia or Hungary either for fundamentally similar reasons. As for Nike's manufacturing, that's pretty much every sports manufacturer that outsourced to the Far East so I'd prefer to see criticism of the whole cabal there, rather than just Nike.

• Like 1

'Well Known Member' is an apt description for all of them.

Let's not beat around the bush Millwall are known racists, have been for years, it's a trait of their so called fans who are attracted by that and not the football. 

Very sad thread, but they are in the minority and take pleasure that they are feeling very miserable at this time when the country is coming together after 15 months of misery. 

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:
5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

at this time when the country is coming together

Briefly, yes , some are. Normal service will be resumed within 7 days. 

Some very worrying sentiments on there, but amongst the thinly veiled racism and xenophobia, there was one very good point. The next World Cup is being held in a country where male homosexuality is illegal and campaigning for LGBT rights is banned.

Edit:Sorry, wrote this before anyone else had posted about Qatar but didn’t post straight away.

Edited by Mr Angry

17 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Some very worrying sentiments on there, but amongst the thinly veiled racism and xenophobia, there was one very good point. The next World Cup is being held in a country where male homosexuality is illegal and campaigning for LGBT rights is banned.

The act of the knee is a act of defiance towards racism so the FA/UEFA would have you believe, so to defy FIFA and the Qatar government the players should either bend over or hold out a limp wrist to show solidarity with Gay rights and fight homophobia. ......Taken from page 2 of that Millwall thread. 0

I'm not sure if this guy is serious,  but it would be quite a stunt to pull at the WC . Maybe  not something quite,as stereotypical  but some symbol that clearly supports gay etc rights would be one in the eye for the  Qataris.

What an awful thread, it is shocking to see that is how people feel, and fits with booing other countries national anthems and shining lasers in players eyes.

What these racist buffoons don't realise is that it makes the whole event even more pleasurable than it already is knowing that they won't be watching the greatest moment in English football for over 50 years. If they could now promise to not watch any game that involved a few seconds of players taking the knee to show solidarity with their colleagues of all ethnicities, then perhaps we can arrange for every Milwall game to start with it.

Was reading the whole thread waiting and waiting for the ‘reasonable voice’ type poster to wade in and then straighten things out with the most supported comment, but it never came. Instead a couple of weak attempts to dig at the aggressors which fall on deaf ears and the overriding hatred and disillusionment is clearly all there is.

Is the Qatar World Cup a reason to hate on England? Do these fans want England to pull out and that’s the only way to justify the knee-taking? I think more fans (including minorities and our minority players) would be upset at us not participating in a major tournament than they would be happy to boycott the World Cup in Qatar.

Didn’t Southgate reiterate the only reason the players took the knee was in show of solidarity for all of the racist abuse being received by our black players? This isn’t ‘made up’ institutional racism or white privilege, it is very real abuse that our minority players are being subjected to week in week out. Why can’t they just accept that without making giant leaps to Marxism and what not? They’re literally the only ones doing making the connection here, no one else is.

I cannot fathom how people can find the knee-taking THAT much of a strain on their lives, it’s three seconds of time to watch them. Most of the time I barely notice it happen. 

But I guess they already boycotted football decades ago though when football got ‘political’ with the poppy wearing and war tributes etc anyway so… oh what were they saying about hypocrisy again?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

What an awful thread, it is shocking to see that is how people feel, and fits with booing other countries national anthems and shining lasers in players eyes.

They are exactly the kind of people that the rest of us get the blame for   They are the English that people see.

Bit like peering into a parallel universe. I know not everyone likes taking the knee/BLM but that thread is just pure vitriol as far as I could bring myself to read.

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

To be fair there were a few critical of the majority views held. 

Not really a ‘to be fair’ when it’s clear minority though. Usually it’s the majority who are reasonable and a small - but loud - minority who are idiots, seems to be the other way round down there

I'm afraid you're all living in cloud cuckoo land if you think these people are a small minority. It's very depressing as far as I'm concerned but in my experience the comments made on that thread represent the views of a large proportion of the people I've met who are aged 50+.

11 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm afraid you're all living in cloud cuckoo land if you think these people are a small minority. It's very depressing as far as I'm concerned but in my experience the comments made on that thread represent the views of a large proportion of the people I've met who are aged 50+.

I was saying the reasonable ones were the minority… 

10 hours ago, king canary said:

Bit like peering into a parallel universe. I know not everyone likes taking the knee/BLM but that thread is just pure vitriol as far as I could bring myself to read.

The thing that really got me is whilst I half expected that sort of thread on a Millwall forum, I was expecting the majority to put the original poster down. Concerning the complete opposite happened.

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

You're also in cloud cuckoo land if you think the under 50s aren't racist and racism is restricted to England.

It's a worldwide issue that just doesn't want to go away and forums like this 'Millwall' one just fuel the fire.

For all the perfectly correct criticism of the Millwall fans, there were, very regrettably, plenty of members of this message board who went out of their way to support them when they first started booing the taking of the knee, when a restricted crowd was allowed in last season.

I'm afraid it's not just Millwall fans...😪

• Like 1