Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Angus Gunn confirmed.

Tidy signing. Passionate about the club and will push Krul for the #1 shirt. Good price, Good age, Good Deal. 

• Like 3

I know it's somewhat the sentimentality but I do really like this deal. We've got a talented player who has loved the club all his life so it really makes sense we bring him in. Sure people could question the fees involved etc. but leave that to the money men.

Means we no longer have that awkward thing with a 2nd choice keeper that doesn't really want to be here nor do we have to play the youth or rely on an aging McGovern to compete with Krul.

Krul isn't getting younger so in a couple of years will need replacing no doubt so maybe good to get it sorted in advance while such a talent is willing to come in and establish himself and settle back in.

Get Barden and co sent out on loan for proper first team football and we're sorted for a long while now

• Like 1

We are splashing the cash so far this close season. x2 defenders from loans, a winger and a backup goalie. Looking forward to the quality cheap ones we get

Ha ha Corkio 😂

And Wacky, it’s a good point, does anyone ever get really excited over a goalkeeping signing? Must admit though, I’m really pleased to see one of our own in Angus back where he belongs! I know a lot of us were gutted when Man City seemingly stole him for a pittance from our academy, but in hindsight, it’s worked out well and he’s had I assume great schooling at Man City. Anyway, things are starting to look very exciting at Carrow Rd this summer - I want Champions League 😂.

Btw - think Southampton might regret letting him go myself. 

Very happy with this. He knows us, we know him - it's my feeling he'll be challenging for the no 1 spot sooner than later.

Can't fault this business, and just as important, they're coming in early before pre-season starts so there's more chance of bedding them in quite well for when the fun starts.

One thing is sure, Webber is largely excellent at finding players for weaknesses we have in the squad, even if many fans don't realise that sometimes signings don't take place in order of priority. Assuming we've got Ajer and Gilmour, I would like to see another all-round midfielder. If Aarons is sold, then a replacement for him.

Got a suspicion we could be sleeping on Sorensen and forgetting him. By all accounts he was looking splendid in pre-season last time out until a Denmark U21 call-up that ended up throwing him miles back.

Lot more first team permanents this time round as well it seems...encouraging

Angus needs to regain a little confidence after loan at Stoke where he wasn't always the first choice keeper.  Good that a promising keeper decided to join the revolution.  

18 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

We are splashing the cash so far this close season. x2 defenders from loans, a winger and a backup goalie. Looking forward to the quality cheap ones we get

We definitely do have cash to splash, very nice to see though. 

Great signing.

The last time we were there bringing in Ralf lifted Krul and this should do the same.

No disrespect to McGovern but I've never been that confident with him being between the sticks, never reallu let us down but never looks assured.

let's just hope he worked on the aspect of his game that was really lacking..

Not sure what the technical term is, but its when a goalkeeper runs onto the pitch, sprints at the goal and then pretends to head the crossbar...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

No disrespect to McGovern but I've never been that confident with him being between the sticks, never reallu let us down but never looks assured.

I really don't get this.

McGovern must be close to one of our longest serving players. In that time, he's played a handful of games, usually with short notice.

I don't think he's ever let us down. In fact in the time he has had runs in the side he looked very good.

I just can't agree with fans who suggests he doesn't look assured.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

I really don't get this.

McGovern must be close to one of our longest serving players. In that time, he's played a handful of games, usually with short notice.

I don't think he's ever let us down. In fact in the time he has had runs in the side he looked very good.

Didn't say he had let us down but we never look the same defensively with him between the posts, if he was the better option he'd have played more than a handful of games and been a threat to all the other keepers who have always been ahead of him.

4 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

I really don't get this.

Agreed, McGovern did absolutely fine for us when he played last season despite there being some trepidation, particularly over his kicking.

Barden will likely now get a season out on loan, preferably with an expected lower Championship side. Will be interesting to see how he does, looks a real talent I think most of us would agree.

4 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Agreed, McGovern did absolutely fine for us when he played last season despite there being some trepidation, particularly over his kicking.

Barden will likely now get a season out on loan, preferably with an expected lower Championship side. Will be interesting to see how he does, looks a real talent I think most of us would agree.

Livingston were looking at him. A season in the Scottish Premiership would certainly be good seasoning.

24 minutes ago, pete said:

Angus needs to regain a little confidence after loan at Stoke where he wasn't always the first choice keeper.  Good that a promising keeper decided to join the revolution.  

I think he has definitely made the right choice to get his career going again. We have a superb record of developing keepers, with Krul a fine example

Gunn will be able to work with the coaches, knowing it's for the longer term, and both McGovern and Krul will no doubt be part of his 'restoration'.

A great signing.

10 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Didn't say he had let us down but we never look the same defensively with him between the posts, if he was the better option he'd have played more than a handful of games and been a threat to all the other keepers who have always been ahead of him.

Never let us down sure, but his height and aerial ability just makes him too much of a liability to rely on for more than a handful of games, imagine Benteke, Antonio, Wood or even lower level strikers like Moore or Joao standing on his feet at corners, they would completely take him out of the game. He's an excellent 3rd choice GK though for a club in our position. 

Very happy with the signings so far. I would like to see a striker to challenge Teemu as I don’t see Hugill as the answer and Idah still has some development to achieve. 

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Livingston were looking at him. A season in the Scottish Premiership would certainly be good seasoning.

That’d be perfect, Gunny 👍. What I like with the McCallam loan was the reasoning behind why we sent him where we did. Because he would likely be under the cosh at a newly promoted side. So hopefully we’ll do something similar with Barden.

16 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

And I never suggested you had said he had let us down, just that in my experience he's done a difficult job, well and has never looked unassured👍

Edited by TheGoogler

Yep, good solid signing. Will know he's Kruls back up but also that the No1 shirt will be his in a couple of seasons. All for minimal cost. 

Nothing to complain about here (take it away Uncle Fred........)