Did that ref just blow up 20 seconds early with Croatia having the ball on the edge of the box??? 

12 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Did that ref just blow up 20 seconds early with Croatia having the ball on the edge of the box??? 

I thought exactly the same thing. I'm usually one to defend refs pretty strongly, but making an error like that for the penalty with the benefit of seeing several replays and then slipping up with timekeeping is pretty tough to excuse.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I thought exactly the same thing. I'm usually one to defend refs pretty strongly, but making an error like that for the penalty with the benefit of seeing several replays and then slipping up with timekeeping is pretty tough to excuse.

Annoyed me, I needed 1 more Croatia corner to win a fiver 😂

Well, everyone is happy. Scotland need to win their last game and England need another draw....‘‘twas in the stars”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Portugal v Germany has already had more interest in it in one half than England’s two games combined…sad but true.

Bruce Forsyth | Discography | Discogs

Good game.👍

Well you'd fancy Germany to beat Hungary and France to beat Portugal on these showings, which could mean England v Germany in Copenhagen according to my wallchart!

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well you'd fancy Germany to beat Hungary and France to beat Portugal on these showings, which could mean England v Germany in Copenhagen according to my wallchart!

Can we resign from the tournament now, rather than having to bother?!

I've got Dias in my fantasy team. Own goal and now shipped 4.

He's nothing without John Stones next to him... 😂

Germany deciding to turn up now. That's a very decent Portugal side they've just decided they're going to absolutely bludgeon into next week. That said, they've probably taken the tormenter-in-chief in Robin Gosens off now and will probably dial it down slightly to be well-rested for that match with Hungary, which they should win.

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Can we resign from the tournament now, rather than having to bother?!

IF England draw with Czech Rep they will finish 2nd and avoid 2nd place Group F.

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

IF England draw with Czech Rep they will finish 2nd and avoid 2nd place Group F.

…that’s either France or Germany if we win the group, and the other in the Q-Fs if we’re 2nd - the draw hasn’t been too kind to England, but it is what it is (tbh we dropped a bit lucky at the W Cup).  You’ve got to play decent sides at some point.

Edited by Branston Pickle

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Got to play someone decent at some stage. France next or the semi's? Where would you rather lose?

Funny old tournament. Probably only Italy and Netherlands have thrown two good performances together. The rest have been hit and miss.

Spain v Poland....... In Spain..... So why were those safety announcements about masks and distancing only in English?? 

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Has Souness got someone else's teeth in?

Remembering Boys from the Blackstuff, TV drama from Alan Bleasdale -  Liverpool Echo

Souness has borrowed Yosser Hughes teef.......

Well it's Spain's turn to do an England. They are dreadful to watch; sideways sideways back back sideways. Yawn.

12 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well it's Spain's turn to do an England. They are dreadful to watch; sideways sideways back back sideways. Yawn.

Do you reckon Southgate has decided to set the side up so we will be tough to beat (as he knows we have not got a strong player maker in CM) and when we play the top sides the intention is to counter attack?  The full backs have been so withdrawn and conservative in the first 2 games that it has blunted us going forward.  Sorensen would look too expansive at left back for this system, I now see why TAA wasn't first choice.   

1 minute ago, Newtopia said:

Do you reckon Southgate has decided to set the side up so we will be tough to beat (as he knows we have not got a strong player maker in CM) and when we play the top sides the intention is to counter attack?  The full backs have been so withdrawn and conservative in the first 2 games that it has blunted us going forward.  Sorensen would look too expansive at left back for this system, I now see why TAA wasn't first choice.   

Makes sense, as he's also missing arguably the best centre-half in Maguire too. He's gone cautious as Maguire and Henderson aren't fully fit. It was clear during the qualifiers that there were serious problems in defence - the 5-3 against a tremendously fired-up, but somewhat limited Kosovo side was a particularly fine example.

That said, Kane was so leggy and lethargic against Scotland that as a full-back, you're thinking "no point going up, I've got a heck of a run back", especially the way Gilmour was picking his passes.