3 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

He's a unit for sure

He does have a remarkably big nose

I didn’t see all the match but thought that was harsh on Spain. Probably better result for England though?

Edit: or Denmark! Don’t want to jinx anything.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

It's a weird one, it's been a good game, very enjoyable but I'm more confident than earlier on that neither of these two can cause us problems. 

More worried about Denmark 😂

On that performance I would have been more worried about playing Spain tbh. 

Bring on the Danes

• Like 1

Well. That was a game for the ages. Superb match. Spain can feel aggrieved, but I think there was a whisker's width between them. 

Hoping for a more straightforward win for England tomorrow! 

Morata is a bit of an enigma, clearly a talented player, but just has zero confidence, it was written all over his face that he was going to miss that penalty. Reminds me of RvW. 

Spain had chances to win but Italy finished the stronger and relished the penalties.

Italy are the best all round team in this tournament and I can't see England or Denmark having enough to beat them.

• Like 1

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Spain had chances to win but Italy finished the stronger and relished the penalties.

Italy are the best all round team in this tournament and I can't see England or Denmark having enough to beat them.

Agree with most of that but Italy aren't perfect, they've conceded goals and struggled to deal with Spain's attack at times tonight. If Spain were more clinical they should have won as they created some good chances. I think England, should they beat Denmark, stand a good chance of causing Italy problems. Remember we've not conceded a single goal yet!

13 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Morata is a bit of an enigma, clearly a talented player, but just has zero confidence, it was written all over his face that he was going to miss that penalty. Reminds me of RvW. 

If only Snoddy was there to take the worry away from him!

16 minutes ago, AJ said:

Agree with most of that but Italy aren't perfect, they've conceded goals and struggled to deal with Spain's attack at times tonight. If Spain were more clinical they should have won as they created some good chances. I think England, should they beat Denmark, stand a good chance of causing Italy problems. Remember we've not conceded a single goal yet!

Yes 3 in 2 years I think they said...

Edit: just checked, it's actually 6 in 2 years, I should know better than to quote commentators stats....

Edited by cornish sam

22 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'm totally the opposite, Italy don't have enough up top, and have looked more beatable as the tournament has gone on. I fancy the winner to come from tomorrow's semi. 

I fancy the Italians to have just a little bit too much for the Danes on Sunday & bring it home. You can't buy experience.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

I fancy the Italians to have just a little bit too much for the Danes on Sunday & bring it home. You can't buy experience.

Wrote "Rome" incorrectly. 😉

That’s the thing with these top sides, even when Spain were going for it in extra time first half and looking better on the eye, Italy just have that grit that ensures even when they’re not doing well, they ARE doing well! I hate that my gut feeling is that they will win the final, but can only hope England keep stepping up as they have done in these last couple of games 🤞

12 hours ago, cornish sam said:

Yes 3 in 2 years I think they said...

Edit: just checked, it's actually 6 in 2 years, I should know better than to quote commentators stats....

I don't read too much into stats from teams that aren't tournament material. I think I read somewhere the only top team they've played in that period is Belgium and they conceded a goal there so I still think there's hope for England IF we do get past Denmark. They'll both be tough games, but they should be to become the best in Europe.