Just now, NFN FC said:

Poor Finland, they've been better than Russia overall

Well at least Finland will finish higher as it stands.

Sorry but Finland are that irritating side that only really start trying once shutting up shop fails. With under 10mins to go they’ve only got themselves to blame. Can’t be much fun for Pukki or the other forward. 

2 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Pukki gets a rest before pre-season. 

🎵 Always look on the bright side of life. 

He (Pukki) will need a new Buendia to have any chance in the Premier 

3 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Well at least Finland will finish higher as it stands.

Oh yeah, silly me! 

4 minutes ago, Helsinki canary said:

Afraid Finland have nothing in the bag and Pukki looks well off the pace

I know he's been injured but we just have to hope he can come back fitter and stronger.  It's a big worry.

So, by my maths England are now officially through to the knockouts. We can't finish lower than 3rd in the group, and there are already 2 teams who have finished 3rd with 3 points. So we're guaranteed a best 4 3rd place finish at worst. 

9 minutes ago, Helsinki canary said:

There’s always Stiepi.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Helsinki canary said:

This is my main concern too. Where are Pukki’s assists coming from. 

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

So, by my maths England are now officially through to the knockouts. We can't finish lower than 3rd in the group, and there are already 2 teams who have finished 3rd with 3 points. So we're guaranteed a best 4 3rd place finish at worst. 

on that note... do we really want to be winning tomorrow's game?

According to Gabby Logan England will definitely qualify now even if they lose tomorrow! Not sure how that works out but assume the beeb have called it right.

Just now, WD40 said:

This is my main concern too. Where are Pukki’s assists coming from. 

Indeed, its a massive concern, he not getting any quicker and as we have seen with a very poor Finnish team, no service no pukki party

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

on that note... do we really want to be winning tomorrow's game?

Yeah, and convincingly need to get into a winning stride.

Southgate will probably play 4 DMs and 3 RBs though 😂

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

According to Gabby Logan England will definitely qualify now even if they lose tomorrow! Not sure how that works out but assume the beeb have called it right.

Finland and Ukraine finished 3rd in their groups with 3 points.

England have 4 points already so can't do worse than them.

Only 1 of Scotland or Croatia can overtake England meaning they finish 3rd at least

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Yeah, and convincingly need to get into a winning stride.

Southgate will probably play 4 DMs and 3 RBs though 😂

until we then have to play France in the 2nd round...

I do get the whole momentum thing etc and "you've got to play the best to beat the best" but really if we drew tomorrow it wouldn't be the end of the world as boring as it would be.

Pukki hasn't looked particularly fit all season but being in the Championship with better players against weaker opposition he's got through. I'm wondering if he can be good enough next season. We can't write him off but I feel we must have backup and real competition. 

2 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

I do get the whole momentum thing etc and "you've got to play the best to beat the best" but really if we drew tomorrow it wouldn't be the end of the world as boring as it would be.

Got to play them at some point, may as well do it at Wembley. Winning the group would probably see us play Germany though. 

11 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I know he's been injured but we just have to hope he can come back fitter and stronger.  It's a big worry.

Yes, he has come off the back of a very long and intense season, picked up an injury at the end and clearly was far from fully fit for this tournament. As you say, hopefully a full 5 weeks of rest now and he will come back ready for a fresh go for the new season - but we have to find his new Emi....

If Wales are facing Denmark then they're outsiders for that one, Eriksen or no Eriksen. Croatia look shot as far as their best men go, but whoever scores first in their match with Scotland will probably win it. England had better hope they get Portugal from that group as either France or Germany will definitely beat them, and I'd make Portugal favourites.

Been disappointing for most of our lads at the Euros, McLean injured, Krul not used, Placheta not used, Pukki not fit. Only Hanley has done OK, and his tournament is likely to be over tomorrow in all likelihood. 

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Been disappointing for most of our lads at the Euros, McLean injured, Krul not used, Placheta not used, Pukki not fit. Only Hanley has done OK, and his tournament is likely to be over tomorrow in all likelihood. 

What happened with Timmy? He looked set to start so how did a 38 year old with 12 appearances for club since 2020 beat him out? Not great for the confidence at all...but Netherlands keep winning I suppose.

12 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

If we come first in the group, we play the runners-up of Group F at home in the last 16.

If we finish as runners-up, we play the winners of Group F in Russia in the quarters (if both teams, as expected, win in the last 16).

Winning definitely is the best option.

• Like 2

Belgium really, really were going out of their way to offer Finland a draw in that game. It was not a competitive match from Belgium's part. I challenge anyone to look at how Belgium played that match and not call it borderline unsportsmanlike vs Denmark. I felt embarrassed for both sides.

I know it was very hot there, which affected their game, but Finland didn't look particularily motivated either. I wonder if they just assumed Belgium would draw on purpose. Which I suppose is precisely what Belgium was doing, until Finland's GK unluckily fumbled the ball in. At that point Belgium still left its defence open and if Finland had any business progressing in this tournament, it should have been more aggressive and scored.

Teemu's tournament has been somewhat disappointing. He's definitely not been in form, but it's not all his fault. It's difficult to make anything happen when you don't have the ball. Norwich should take notes.

8 hours ago, WD40 said:

What happened with Timmy? He looked set to start so how did a 38 year old with 12 appearances for club since 2020 beat him out? Not great for the confidence at all...but Netherlands keep winning I suppose.

De Boer is clueless?