Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

4 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Regardless, it appears he's in talks with Newcastle so perhaps this is one that won't come back up in the future anyway.

Good, let's hope he goes there then 😁

5 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

I'd take him in a heartbeat on a free transfer. Put him on a 2 year deal with a clause whereby his weekly wage would reduce if we were relegated, and it's a no brainer for me.

Prem experience, prem quality, and can play out wide as well. I'm not sure why you think Farke and Webber wouldn't go back for him considering they both earmarked him as a signing previously, which they wouldn't do if they had doubts about his personality or quality. 

Regardless, it appears he's in talks with Newcastle so perhaps this is one that won't come back up in the future anyway.

What’s interesting is if it is indeed true that we were looking at Josh King, we would have known he was surely on a rather decent salary at Bournemouth from the outset. If we still pursued that armed with that knowledge, then that makes things rather interesting.

2 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

They are England internationals on the basis they have England caps.

You can't remove caps once given, can you?

The fact of the matter is that being an international adds to the transfer value of a player. Divock Origi is an establish Belgian international, with aspirations of being called back up. 

That, his wage, being in the last year of his deal with Liverpool wanting to move him on for £15m-£20m makes this an absolute non-starter for Norwich, and those suggesting him in all seriousness are - I'm afraid - living in a bit of a dream world. 

Oh, I don't think we've got a cat in hells chance signing him, was just countering your VvD comparison on regards to international vs former international. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Oh, I don't think we've got a cat in hells chance signing him, was just countering your VvD comparison on regards to international vs former international. 

And I agree, I think it’s a very slim chance indeed of signing Origi - I’m under no illusions there whatsoever, but slim chances do happen in life sometimes so on that basis it would be ridiculous to categorically rule it out 100%. I don’t know Divock Origi, I have no idea what he thinks etc, and it would be somewhat arrogant to assume otherwise.  One things for sure, if Liverpool want to sell him and there’s all these clubs battling for his signature, then why’s he still kicking his heels at Anfield? If we were looking to sign Josh King who was on a pretty penny I’m sure, then in my opinion Divock Origi is probably not on much different.

Considering Farke's assessment of youngsters, and how he's given the likes of Lewis, Maddison, Godfrey, Aarons, Cantwell, and more recently Barden and Omobamidele their leads... if he thinks Idah's banging on the door, he can't be far off.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Considering Farke's assessment of youngsters, and how he's given the likes of Lewis, Maddison, Godfrey, Aarons, Cantwell, and more recently Barden and Omobamidele their leads... if he thinks Idah's banging on the door, he can't be far off.

Yep, I think what people sometimes forget is Farke and Webber have got to cast their eye over Adam Idah with a ball at his feet a million million more times than what any of us have ever seen. If they have that utmost confidence in him then you have to say he will have been doing some awesome stuff in training for them to have that real confidence. He has the pace, the physicality, the technique - already seen that. Was it Mourinho that once likened him to a young Zlatan Ibrahimovic? Most years under Webber and Farke, we have a breakout young player brought through the ranks who turns into a valuable and decent little player - as it stands, all things are pointing to Idah being the latest off the conveyer belt. 

47 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

Oh come on, you can't say VVD's name?! 😂

Late to the Party there Googlero!!

Try that much loved singer / dancer from Mary Poppins  ffs **** van **** !! Mary feckin Poppins!

Edit, if we are splitting hairs, then Divock Origi is not a CURRENT  international despite being of reasonable age and uninjured.  Therefore it is not unreasonable  to surmise that his value may not be what it was a couple of years ago. We picked Pukki up on a free for similar , if different  reasons, we may get someone else  in on the cheap too, Origi untill shot down by the Club,  is a reasonable suggestion, as stated by someone  earlier, we could be a very good springboard from which he can relaunch his career. He may of  course be happy to take his money at'pool and leave on a free..... but they won't like that. 

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Yep, I think what people sometimes forget is Farke and Webber have got to cast their eye over Adam Idah with a ball at his feet a million million more times than what any of us have ever seen. If they have that utmost confidence in him then you have to say he will have been doing some awesome stuff in training for them to have that real confidence. He has the pace, the physicality, the technique - already seen that. Was it Mourinho that once likened him to a young Zlatan Ibrahimovic? Most years under Webber and Farke, we have a breakout young player brought through the ranks who turns into a valuable and decent little player - as it stands, all things are pointing to Idah being the latest off the conveyer belt. 

Not just that, Farke - more than quite possibly any manager in the top two divisions over the last ten or so years - has shown an absolutely tremendous knack of timing it when youngsters are getting close. A lot of managers tend to put them in too early or, more commonly, too late.

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Not just that, Farke - more than quite possibly any manager in the top two divisions over the last ten or so years - has shown an absolutely tremendous knack of timing it when youngsters are getting close. A lot of managers tend to put them in too early or, more commonly, too late.

Yep, very good point, Gunny - the timing is everything. Max thrown in to the derby and never looked back for instance. Farke played it to perfection. Didn’t Idah start against a near full strength Burnley in the cup 2 seasons ago and smashed our Premier League opposition with a stunning hat trick? It should give us a lot of confidence if Webber and Farke feel the time is right 👍

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Yep, very good point, Gunny - the timing is everything. Max thrown in to the derby and never looked back for instance. Farke played it to perfection. Didn’t Idah start against a near full strength Burnley in the cup 2 seasons ago and smashed our Premier League opposition with a stunning hat trick? It should give us a lot of confidence if Webber and Farke feel the time is right 👍

It was Preston-Burnley was the next round.

1 minute ago, Mr Angry said:

Correct. Drmic scored against Burnley. As did Hanley, which copped him an epic c-r-apload of stick considering his ties with Blackburn.

5 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Ah thanks Angry! 👍

Based on what I’ve seen of him I wouldn’t particularly want Origi anyway. I know he has a bit of a cult following amongst Liverpool fans but I’ve never really thought he looks very good. 

45 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Late to the Party there Googlero!!

Try that much loved singer / dancer from Mary Poppins  ffs **** van **** !! Mary feckin Poppins!

Edit, if we are splitting hairs, then Divock Origi is not a CURRENT  international despite being of reasonable age and uninjured.  Therefore it is not unreasonable  to surmise that his value may not be what it was a couple of years ago. We picked Pukki up on a free for similar , if different  reasons, we may get someone else  in on the cheap too, Origi untill shot down by the Club,  is a reasonable suggestion, as stated by someone  earlier, we could be a very good springboard from which he can relaunch his career. He may of  course be happy to take his money at'pool and leave on a free..... but they won't like that. 

Exactly Corkio, it is unlikely but certainly not beyond the realms of possibility. We won’t have approached Josh King with the offer of only 20grand a week, that’s for sure. 

22 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Based on what I’ve seen of him I wouldn’t particularly want Origi anyway. I know he has a bit of a cult following amongst Liverpool fans but I’ve never really thought he looks very good. 

You wouldn’t want Origi, Jim?

I think I now finally have the full understanding of why you’re never happy with our business in the transfer windows.

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

You wouldn’t want Origi, Jim?

I think I now finally have the full understanding of why you’re never happy with our business in the transfer windows.

I will add, compare this to the Adam Armstrong highlight reel and the gulf in class in technique, variety, and who the goals are being scored against, will leave you wondering why on earth Blackburn think Adam Armstrong is worth more or the same as Divock Origi. 

Who’s to say that if we did sign a striker, that he would out shine Teemu in pre season and it would then be Teemu sitting on the bench as backup.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Grantham yellow said:

Who’s to say that if we did sign a striker, that he would out shine Teemu in pre season and it would then be Teemu sitting on the bench as backup.

I expect Teemu to still be first choice without question. And as long as he’s fit, then you would think that would remain the case. Feel confident with Idah as main backup, but would still like to see another striker come in as we were totally screwed last time after Pukki got injured halfway through the season - up until then he was in every FFL team in the land thanks to a fantastic return of 11 goals in 18 games. If that’s not cutting it at PL level then I don’t know what is!

2 hours ago, TheGoogler said:

David Nugent is an England international because he has one cap (and one goal, if I remember right). 

Ha! I remember that, I swear he smashed it over the line when it was going in from someone else (let's face it, we'd all do the same..)

To add to the pedantry "debate", Origi is obviously a Belgium international.

I think Idah will get his chance at the PL . Signing Origi sounded completely bonkers considering we can't afford him ... as we can't afford signing Delaney , Skipp , etc ... which we have to live with.

I think we might see another shrewd signing to cover the striker area . I fully agree with the posters on here saying Pukki needs to be kept on his toes !!! But I'm sure we won't be signing someone of Origi's quality on a permanent deal... I would definitely want Origi at NCFC , but can't even let myself dream about it , as the outcome is 99 % certain.

8 minutes ago, kirku said:

To add to the pedantry "debate", Origi is obviously a Belgium international.

I don’t hear many people on here calling Ben Gibson an England international, but I guess because he’s been called up in the past then he still is? 

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I don’t hear many people on here calling Ben Gibson an England international, but I guess because he’s been called up in the past then he still is? 

Nope. Not an England international as he's never won a cap.

Origi is a Belgium international, but not a current Belgium international. That will change if he gets back into the squad/is called up.

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Origi is a Belgium international, but not a current Belgium international. That will change if he gets back into the squad/is called up.

We have a winner!.🎉

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

So, really, a former Belgium international? 😉

• Like 1

Really dont know why there is so much talk on getting in a striker. If the team cannot score enough goals with Pukki, Rashica, Cantwell, Dowell and Idah then we may as well give up now. Central defence and midfield absolute priotities and as Beth rightly said City could only likely afford a striker, never mind even finding one, with Max being sold.

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

To be an ‘is’ means to be in the current. He did not play at the Euro’s and after 2 years outside of the international setup means he is quite clearly not a current Belgian international and hasn’t been for some time. The point being that started all of this is that his transfer fee will reflect this compared to if he was a current international - which he isn’t. No way would we have any chance if he was banging them in at the Euro’s, but let’s face it, if Watford signed him now no one would bat an eyelid or think it was the impossible made possible. It’s just because it’s little old Norwich I guess, whom are incidentally appearing to show quite some ambition this window.

10 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

So, really, a former Belgium international? 😉

We have a winner! 🎉 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

Really dont know why there is so much talk on getting in a striker. If the team cannot score enough goals with Pukki, Rashica, Cantwell, Dowell and Idah then we may as well give up now. Central defence and midfield absolute priotities and as Beth rightly said City could only likely afford a striker, never mind even finding one, with Max being sold.

Of the five you mention only two have proven they can score in the Prem. Take them away through injury or suspension that leaves us a little light in that area.