Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

57 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Sound approach - and the fun is, you could argue in a somewhat similar way that it is Todd although there has been less interest in him, particularly when considering his contractual position. Although Villa look like they're sniffing again after a Smith-Rowe bid failed.

You’re quite right, Gunny - that could of course be attributed to Todd as well. Just there was a lot of noise about Max which has since markedly gone down a month or two back, so that’s my speculative guess buddy!

54 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Could it be the reason for that is because, for example, Everton have already signed him. And so there is no further reason for clubs to show any interest, or his agent or the club to be putting out links to a different club week in week out?  

You'd imagine that it would be announced today, considering the players are due to return to preseason training tomorrow.

Re: Cantwell, I hope either signs a new contract or just says that he doesn't intend on extending it - in which case we can sell now and get decent money for him. It would be a joke for him to spend the last 12 months telling the media how he loves the club and how his family all support Norwich, only for him to mess us around. I'm sure it's his agent but, even if that's the case, TC still has the right to make his own decision.

1 minute ago, Yellow and Green said:

You'd imagine that it would be announced today, considering the players are due to return to preseason training tomorrow.

Re: Cantwell, I hope either signs a new contract or just says that he doesn't intend on extending it - in which case we can sell now and get decent money for him. It would be a joke for him to spend the last 12 months telling the media how he loves the club and how his family all support Norwich, only for him to mess us around. I'm sure it's his agent but, even if that's the case, TC still has the right to make his own decision.

I would like to believe that Todd wouldn’t leave us in the sh0ite, even if his agent is seeing a potentially massive windfall for him and his client in time. Signing a new contract would ensure we could get a better price for him, but it *appears* that this isn’t happening. So maybe he will move on this summer or January, I’d like to think not and we could get a new contract signed but my gut feeling is that isn’t happening unfortunately.

16 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

That’s fair enough, but the particular poster in question has provided correct information on numerous occasions. They are proven, and that is a fact - can’t really see how that can be disputed unless you want to put it down to incredible luck and a Mystic Meg like ability 🔮 

It isn't a poster though is it... they allege they are getting it from a twitter account... which I suspect anyone could. And not all of it has been astonishing.

Like, no forewarning on Rashica. It comes across more as another journo type person more than someone genuinely 'itk' at the club. As said, if info is being shared and it turns out to be a few hours ahead of the journo's, then it isn't reliably 'itk' - it could just as easily be someone working for one of the papers preparing an article etc. Perhaps someone who knows the press release people etc.

Take EVERYTHING with a pinch of salt, even some anonymous twitter account which seemingly has things correct.

A number of folks on here have predicted players going, if they turn out to be correct, are they suddenly 'itk'?

3 minutes ago, chicken said:

It isn't a poster though is it... they allege they are getting it from a twitter account... which I suspect anyone could. And not all of it has been astonishing.

Like, no forewarning on Rashica. It comes across more as another journo type person more than someone genuinely 'itk' at the club. As said, if info is being shared and it turns out to be a few hours ahead of the journo's, then it isn't reliably 'itk' - it could just as easily be someone working for one of the papers preparing an article etc. Perhaps someone who knows the press release people etc.

Take EVERYTHING with a pinch of salt, even some anonymous twitter account which seemingly has things correct.

A number of folks on here have predicted players going, if they turn out to be correct, are they suddenly 'itk'?

I think you’re talking about something or somebody different to me, Chicken! I’m responding re Norfolkngood, who most certainly has provided good information in the past that you just couldn’t keep getting lucky on. Have no idea about the Twitter account however, would be inclined to agree with you as they’re largely bullshoite, but Norfolkngood is definitely genuine!

8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I think you’re talking about something or somebody different to me, Chicken! I’m responding re Norfolkngood, who most certainly has provided good information in the past that you just couldn’t keep getting lucky on. Have no idea about the Twitter account however, would be inclined to agree with you as they’re largely bullshoite, but Norfolkngood is definitely genuine!

Yup, seems that way - obviously (presumably) Norfolkngood has more detailed info but keeps it vague for legitimate reasons and has been posting for many a year; the Twitter guy is less of a known quantity - seems they’ve got some bits right but it’s always hard to know what’s ‘real’.  The truth is that even ‘real’ info can soon be wrong as things change.

Edited by Branston Pickle

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Yup, seems that way - obviously (presumably) Norfolkngood has more detailed info but keeps it vague for legitimate reasons and has been posting for many a year; the Twitter guy is less of a known quantity - seems they’ve got some bits right but it’s always hard to know what’s ‘real’.  The truth is that even ‘real’ info can soon be wrong as things change.

Yep, I wouldn’t trust a Twitter source as far as I could throw them until I saw proven info on several occasions, so totally get people not trusting certain accounts. But for anybody that’s been on here for any length of time, they will know Norfolkngood is a very reliable poster and not some dodgy Twitter account. That’s good enough for me, he is proven, as many of us know 👍

8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Phil Billing. It’s a goer. Bournemouth have already signed his replacement yesterday. 

Yep, Marcondes came through the door after being released by Brentford.

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Yep, Marcondes came through the door after being released by Brentford.

Not claiming any ITK stuff or anything, but was just texted by a friend who’s usually pretty reliable about Bournemouth stuff. Said Marcondes is his direct replacement and Billing had made it clear that he wanted to come here, so I guess we might get some news in the coming days. Not sure about him in a defensive role, but apparently when played further up the pitch he really comes into his own.

Just now, Alex Moss said:

Not claiming any ITK stuff or anything, but was just texted by a friend who’s usually pretty reliable about Bournemouth stuff. Said Marcondes is his direct replacement and Billing had made it clear that he wanted to come here, so I guess we might get some news in the coming days. Not sure about him in a defensive role, but apparently when played further up the pitch he really comes into his own.

He sounds like he's a Stiepermann replacement.

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

He sounds like he's a Stiepermann replacement.

Good shout! I think Billing appeals as well because he can play both defensive and attacking roles - kind of ticks all the boxes!

I'm not sure Billing is anywhere near good enough defensively but probably the Stieps/Vrancic replacement in terms of bums on seats.

Glad we can put this Skipp thing to bed. Time is ticking we really have to move on. 

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Indeed, now we have Billy and are being linked to Billing and all

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'm not sure Billing is anywhere near good enough defensively but probably the Stieps/Vrancic replacement in terms of bums on seats.

Glad we can put this Skipp thing to bed. Time is ticking we really have to move on. 

Yep, agreed. It’s a real shame Skipp didn’t get to play in front of a full Carrow Rd house last season, but it looks odds on that he will get the chance in the coming months even if it is in a Tottenham shirt. But as you say, pleased it can be put to bed, didn’t want that dragging on until the end of the window.

If we get Billing and Ajer on top of the window transfers so far that’s so much better than two years ago and I doubt we will stop there. 

Really hope one or both come off as they seem just what we need.

Be a shame if no Skipp but personally I’m quietly confident we will get him, his injury ironically gives us an opportunity as he isn’t fit to show the new boss what he can do and likely won’t be before season starts.

49 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Gad we can put this Skipp thing to bed. Time is ticking we really have to move on. 

Do you mean "we" as in posters on this forum, or the club?

I doubt the club have been waiting to see what's happening and I'd put money on people still going on about it going forwards. Only the closing of the window will see to that I fear. 

I thought we had a new strategy this season. To only buy players beginning with "G". We've bought four already!! 🙂

45 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

I thought we had a new strategy this season. To only buy players beginning with "G". We've bought four already!! 🙂

Someone at CR bought too many "G" letters for the shirts, this is the only way to remain financially viable.

4 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Someone at CR bought too many "G" letters for the shirts, this is the only way to remain financially viable.

Let's get this guy in as a back-up then. 😉 

Lukas Gugganig - Wikipedia

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, chicken said:

Do you mean "we" as in posters on this forum, or the club?

I doubt the club have been waiting to see what's happening and I'd put money on people still going on about it going forwards. Only the closing of the window will see to that I fear. 

'We' as in the Pinkun. I suspect Webber already realised 2 season loans at the same club were unlikely. It wouldn't surprise me if Skipp's replacement is already be in the building in the form of Rupp, Sorensen and McLean backed up by Billing and Gilmour.

I firmly believe Sorensen could be a solution in the defensive midfield role and was a little surprised he was not tried out there more at the end of last season to be honest once we had promotion sewn up. 

• Like 4

It would be interesting if Biling was being signed to play as a 10 and we were still going to sign a more traditional ball winner. All of our central midfielders are pretty much all rounders as it stands. To be fair what we have now is almost certainly better than what we had last time in Trybull, Leitner and a not so mobile Alex Tettey. Not surprising that McLean is the only survivor.

Edited by KeiranShikari

i would have a look at Harry Winks instead of Skipp 

Villa are after him but i think he would be a Excellant signing did not play much last season 

i dont know his Injury record or wages but if that was all ok i would have a look 

36 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Villa are after him but i think he would be a Excellant signing did not play much last season 

i dont know his Injury record or wages but if that was all ok i would have a look 

Winks was an England regular until Mourinho destroyed him... if he does leave Spurs I'd be surprised if he didn't have suitors higher up the league. Would be even more of a coup than Skipp.

43 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I remember links emerging saying Ole was interested in bringing him to Utd. I would be shocked if he ended up at a club like ours. Would be a great signing, though. 

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

I firmly believe Sorensen could be a solution in the defensive midfield role and was a little surprised he was not tried out there more at the end of last season to be honest once we had promotion sewn up. 

Totally agree. I can't see him being a non-stop runner like Skipp, but I can see one there who is great in positioning and better at picking a forward ball. His performances at left-back, a position he'd never played in - and as a right-footer - showed a high degree of game intelligence.

Stiepi was very much a utility man trying to fill a hole there when he played left-back. Sorensen, with the odd exception, looked pretty polished in that position and his favoured position is closer to left-back to boot.