Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

1 minute ago, chicken said:

It is a great answer. Why are so many people who claim to have "itk" contacts so arrogant about it? So defensive about it? Yawn is the spot on response.

"WELL I BROKE THIS DIDNT I?" - maybe... who knows. You could just know a journo. News pieces are rarely just "thrown up" sometimes obscure journo's in other parts of the world get the info from their agent first etc. It was also hardly surprising either. A good number of people had questioned whether Stiepermann had a place in the squad going forward considering that he didn't really cut it last time in the Prem.

If you believe in the info you got, great, fantastic. Could prove to be correct, but if we sign Ajer what does that make it? An unreliable source? Someone messing with you? They got it innocently wrong? They heard it wrong? Or what?

That's the problem with this sort of info. It's only right when it happens and then... well, then we still don't really know.

Getting knews out a couple of hours before the journo's isn't evidence of 'itk'.

What is Pritchard an example of? Did your source say he was staying and then he didn't? 

Pritchard turned around on the motorway when on route to Brighton! 

follow the account and make your mind up, he isn’t very arrogant about it, don’t even think he’s a Norwich fan

2 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

What site? 

There’s various sites that bandy figures around - imo they are all complete conjecture

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

The same site says Todd Cantwell earns only £1,500 a week here. No chance.

And at 26 and having been at Liverpool since he was what? 18? Money may not now be the motivator. If he can showcase his talent by playing more games, he may see coming to Norwich as a chance of relaunching his career and proving he is worthy of a move and more wages playing at a higher level.

He was in the Belgian squad at one point and is now watching this tournament wondering how he has been unable to dislodge Benteke from a place in that squad.

Sometimes it's more than just money. Huckerby, for example.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

What site? 

I think it’s fair to assume you didn’t just WhatsApp Origi’s missus for his contract details!

3 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Pritchard turned around on the motorway when on route to Brighton! 

follow the account and make your mind up, he isn’t very arrogant about it, don’t even think he’s a Norwich fan

Which account?

Pritchard, R. Bennett, Howson... that isn't unique and that is still very very different. We put in an offer as a player was on their way to discuss terms. The players in question felt us to be a better proposition and altered course. There are cases of players turning up at clubs having been told a bid was accepted only to get there and the club had changed their mind.

Ian Crook famously led Ipswich Town to believe they had signed him for all of a photo session... 

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

And at 26 and having been at Liverpool since he was what? 18? Money may not now be the motivator. If he can showcase his talent by playing more games, he may see coming to Norwich as a chance of relaunching his career and proving he is worthy of a move and more wages playing at a higher level.

He was in the Belgian squad at one point and is now watching this tournament wondering how he has been unable to dislodge Benteke from a place in that squad.

Sometimes it's more than just money. Huckerby, for example.

Exactly mate 👍. And it only takes what’s reported to be off by £15 grand or something to suddenly making it a bit more realistic a prospect.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chicken said:

It is a great answer. Why are so many people who claim to have "itk" contacts so arrogant about it? So defensive about it? Yawn is the spot on response.

"WELL I BROKE THIS DIDNT I?" - maybe... who knows. You could just know a journo. News pieces are rarely just "thrown up" sometimes obscure journo's in other parts of the world get the info from their agent first etc. It was also hardly surprising either. A good number of people had questioned whether Stiepermann had a place in the squad going forward considering that he didn't really cut it last time in the Prem.

If you believe in the info you got, great, fantastic. Could prove to be correct, but if we sign Ajer what does that make it? An unreliable source? Someone messing with you? They got it innocently wrong? They heard it wrong? Or what?

That's the problem with this sort of info. It's only right when it happens and then... well, then we still don't really know.

If said source was so 'itk' how come you didn't "break" the fact we were interested in Ajer in the first place? 

Getting knews out a couple of hours before the journo's isn't evidence of 'itk'.

What is Pritchard an example of? Did your source say he was staying and then he didn't? 

ITK info is a Hard one to write without sometimes dropping your Source in it ! 

i have never Named my Source and i rarely Post on here anything that could undermine my source 

what i do is PM some Trusted Posters anything i hear 

i have been doing it for 10 years and to their Credit not one poster has ever postered what i have told them 

Transfers are funny to get 100 % right players do change their minds at last minute 

4 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i have never Named my Source and i rarely Post on here anything that could undermine my source 

i have been doing it for 10 years and to their Credit not one poster has ever postered what i have told them 

Transfers are funny to get 100 % right players do change their minds at last minute 

Yep, to be fair, totally understand where Chicken is coming from, but you for one are definitely a poster that has given great info multiple times in the past whilst being very respectful to your source. 

• Like 2

Agreed there, Alex - can't be seen to drop sources in it. I don't think people quite get that.

28 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I didn’t say I did. I said it doesn’t sound like he’s going to sign a new contract, which is based merely on the *opinion* that he’s not done so to date and I would really have thought that would have happened by now. Would love to be proved wrong though and to hear he’s signed a brand new 5 year deal but my gut feeling is that I don’t think it’s likely.

Likely a year’s extension given the hullabaloo close season last year. He’s seen Buendia away and though Todd’s Norwich through and through he’s only human and has aspirations bigger than Norwich can ever fulfil. I just wondered if they’d been an EDP mention of his contract review as I hadn’t seen anything. 

18 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Yes, the only problem is that it quite reasonably remains on the ‘vague’ side - but it’s always good to hear odd snippets though.  Ultimately it’s a bit of an unknown - until things are all sorted players/clubs can change minds; it was widely reported Pritchard was on his way to sign for Brighton and come to us (more down to his club than him).  Clearly the club is always doing things behind the scenes and we tend to only hear the endgame when a player signs; it’s all part of the ‘fun’ of close-season/transfer windows.

Edited by Branston Pickle

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Agreed there, Alex - can't be seen to drop sources in it. I don't think people quite get that.

Yep, Gunny - out of likes, it should go without saying that the true ITK folk wouldn’t be so stupid to name their source anyway as this potentially could have serious ramifications all round.

But I think the truth of the matter is that if someone said their source was say for example their Dad being the head physio or player liaison officer at Colney, no one would believe them anyway! So there really is nothing to gain from revealing a source, but certainly everything to lose!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

As someone who has always supported you on here norfolkngood, it would be good if you could PM me the latest news.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, lappinitup said:

As someone who has always supported you on here norfolkngood, it would be good if you could PM me the latest news.

Thank you.

I’m happy to wait, that is unless anyone feels the ‘need’ to tell me stuff!  It’s all part of the fun - what happens happens, what doesn’t is just water under the bridge.  

5 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Likely a year’s extension given the hullabaloo close season last year. He’s seen Buendia away and though Todd’s Norwich through and through he’s only human and has aspirations bigger than Norwich can ever fulfil. I just wondered if they’d been an EDP mention of his contract review as I hadn’t seen anything. 

Yep, sorry Danke if that sounded like my thoughts were taken from an actual credible report - must stress it was just opinion and not fact (as yet!).

Would love to see Todd sign a new contract extension, but just get the impression if we could have got him to sign a new improved contract that would have happened now. We may need to cash in on Todd now sadly rather than leave it until we’re in an Ajer situation.

I think transfer things all round will ratchet up a notch now that players are coming back to training, combined with the Euros drawing to a close, and also what with Everton-Palace-Spurs having their managers in place.  How much impact that’ll have on us who knows.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Thank you.

Hi Lappinitup yes i agree with that ! Pm sent nothing juicey just that my man told me about latest signings a while ago 

I wouldn't mind hearing it but as a relatively new forum member I completely understand if not.

To add to what Norfolkngood has said about 1 of our top 2 youngsters future been sorted away from Carrow Rd this summer, I believe it’s Max. Why? Because there were 50 million rumours up until a month or two back about his next destination, a week didn’t go by without a new top club being rumoured to be in for him.

And now? There’s been nothing, or literally nothing in comparison.

Could it be the reason for that is because, for example, Everton have already signed him. And so there is no further reason for clubs to show any interest, or his agent or the club to be putting out links to a different club week in week out? Now maybe suddenly everyone has dropped their interest but why would that be? It’s not like the figure we wanted for him has wildly increased in the last 6 months or so? All just opinions of course, but I think the real reason we’re not hearing a gazillion rumours anymore is because as Norfolkngood has said, the deal was done a month or so ago, and clubs are aware that he is no longer on the market.

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

I wouldn't mind hearing it but as a relatively new forum member I completely understand if not.

Ive been on here 17 years and hear **** all about anything😂

…the only ‘in’ I ever had was when there were rumours that Ruddy might go to Chelsea, but I knew 100% they had someone else lined up.  

Just now, Alex Moss said:

To add to what Norfolkngood has said about 1 of our top 2 youngsters future been sorted away from Carrow Rd this summer, I believe it’s Max. Why? Because there were 50 million rumours up until a month or two back about his next destination, a week didn’t go by without a new top club being rumoured to be in for him.

Could it be the reason for that is because, for example, Everton have already signed him. And so there is no further reason for clubs to show any interest, or his agent or the club to be putting out links to a different club week in week out? Now maybe suddenly everyone has dropped their interest but why would that be? It’s not like the figure we wanted for him has wildly increased in the last 6 months or so? All just opinions of course, but I think the real reason we’re not hearing a gazillion rumours anymore is because as Norfolkngood has said, the deal was done a month or so ago, and clubs are aware that he is no longer on the market.

Sound approach - and the fun is, you could argue in a somewhat similar way that it is Todd although there has been less interest in him, particularly when considering his contractual position. Although Villa look like they're sniffing again after a Smith-Rowe bid failed.

44 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Re Todd, who knows what’s happening behind the scenes - a new contract wouldn’t be a bad idea for both parties; it doesn’t feel there’s tonnes of clubs knocking the doors down for him so it gives him peace of mind (and more £) and protects the club from him leaving for a diminished sum.

Would love to see him on a new contract, but I'm not sure it would benefit both parties equally. Todd would definitely get interest from a PL club if he let his contract run down, but importantly, he would also benefit from the much higher wages/signing on bonus that players negotiate when they sign for a club sans transfer fee. Let's hope we don't reach that point.

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Maybe some truth in that but Alex the papers were writing stuff about leeds after Gunn etc but that was all false Gunn said himself it was done months ago 

i imagine the papers will always talk about players going here there and everywhere 

take Haaland he will know where he is going but the papers have a 100 different clubs he will sign for 

Sancho another was always going to be united 

15 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Would love to see him on a new contract, but I'm not sure it would benefit both parties equally. Todd would definitely get interest from a PL club if he let his contract run down, but importantly, he would also benefit from the much higher wages/signing on bonus that players negotiate when they sign for a club sans transfer fee. Let's hope we don't reach that point.

Don't players also get a portion of a transfer fee? In which case, it can be more beneficial to be sold... 

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

I think it’s fair to assume you didn’t just WhatsApp Origi’s missus for his contract details!

The site I used didn’t have Cantwell on £1500 either, hence me asking, what site? 

1 minute ago, chicken said:

Don't players also get a portion of a transfer fee? In which case, it can be more beneficial to be sold... 

It varies. But as the Aaron Ramsey move on a free from Arsenal demonstrated, players moving without a fee can up their wages dramatically. If we assume Cantwell is worth somewhere between £20-30m that's a hell of a lot of money saved by a club in a transfer fee if he goes on a free. Any semi-conscious agent is going to want a big slice of that to go straight to the player (along with his/her cut).

26 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

The site I used didn’t have Cantwell on £1500 either, hence me asking, what site? 

F1785AAD-3D64-4B2A-953F-797FE21E9392.png

I don’t believe a single person who says that they’re ITK on this forum if I’m completely honest, why on earth would anyone who genuinely has a source within the club then log on to a fan forum and private message other forum users what they’ve heard? Surely if they actually had respect for their source they wouldn’t tell anyone at all, whether that’s in person or online. This whole “I don’t disclose sources out of respect for them” is pure nonsense. 

The only people I trust when it comes to transfer rumours are the Pinkun journos and Michael Bailey, as we know that they’re getting solid, reliable information directly or indirectly from the club. Can almost guarantee you that if the player’s name hasn’t been mentioned by one or more of those guys, it’s almost certain that we’re not in for them.

2 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

I don’t believe a single person who says that they’re ITK on this forum if I’m completely honest, why on earth would anyone who genuinely has a source within the club then log on to a fan forum and private message other forum users what they’ve heard? Surely if they actually had respect for their source they wouldn’t tell anyone at all, whether that’s in person or online. This whole “I don’t disclose sources out of respect for them” is pure nonsense. 

The only people I trust when it comes to transfer rumours are the Pinkun journos and Michael Bailey, as we know that they’re getting solid, reliable information directly or indirectly from the club. Can almost guarantee you that if the player’s name hasn’t been mentioned by one or more of those guys, it’s almost certain that we’re not in for them.

That’s fair enough, but the particular poster in question has provided correct information on numerous occasions. They are proven, and that is a fact - can’t really see how that can be disputed unless you want to put it down to incredible luck and a Mystic Meg like ability 🔮