Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

1 hour ago, All the Germans said:

I have highlighted a few key points from your message. I think that you are making an assumption that you will then treat as a fact to attack the club with. 

Nailed him. Doesnt matter what happens, Jimbo's gonna Jimbo.

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

You know what they say. Many straws make a stick to beat the club with. In fact, for lots of posters, one straw is plenty (although in practice, very flimsy).

(I’ll stop with the tenuous metaphor now before it falls apart.)

One is enough to break a Camel's back!

(A useful tip if you ever have urgent need to do so!)

5 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Should he say "oh, skedaddle, my good sir, skedaddle away?" 😉

I would prefer “I beg to differ my good sir”.

Followed by something about a c0ckwomble.

I don’t know whether we would want him, but for a CB attainable for under 10m there probably isn’t anyone else that’s better 

3 minutes ago, WSM said:

I don’t know whether we would want him, but for a CB attainable for under 10m there probably isn’t anyone else that’s better 

Apparently he is on about €60k - €80k a week - hence the desperation from Schalke to sell, but no club wants him permanently as they can't/won't meet his wage demands. 

20 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

Don't cry. Someone's still a bit upset from Saturday 

Just stop trolling Wardy! It's not that fun.

Plus, I thought we were all supposed to be being nice to one another?

That didn't last 🤣

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Just stop trolling Wardy! It's not that fun.

Plus, I thought we were all supposed to be being nice to one another?

That didn't last 🤣

New day, I'm in a better mood today 😆

• Like 1

It's all very quiet on the CM & CB isn't it!

The only link (Normann) seems a long shot now and there don't even seem to be any rumours.

Hopefully Webber's weaving his usual discreet arrangements under the radar!

2 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

The only link (Normann) seems a long shot now and there don't even seem to be any rumours.

Super quiet indeed, CC! Not necessarily a bad thing, for those with a little bit of faith I guess anyway!

Not sure on this Normann chap myself, if the rumours are true, just get the feeling he isn’t that up for coming here if he’s also rejecting our proposals.

And I expect we’ll sign Phil Jones from Man Utd as our CB - just a wild guess.

6 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

I’m concerned that the twin forces of the usual end of window panic and our obvious desperation for defensive bodies will inevitably price us out of moves…international loan market most likely for my money. 

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Super quiet indeed, CC! Not necessarily a bad thing, for those with a little bit of faith I guess anyway!

Not sure on this Normann chap myself, if the rumours are true, just get the feeling he isn’t that up for coming here if he’s also rejecting our proposals.

God I hope we don't sign Phil Jones.

Interestingly we've not signed any Germans this summer, 2 from Germany but no actual Germans.

Kind of ruins the song 🤷🏻‍♂️

A name which cropped up a fair bit last season, but hasn't been mentioned lately is Dael Fry at Middlesbrough. He certainly looked decent when we played them. Looks like he'd cost something like £12 million - whether we've got that kind of money I'm not too sure.

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

A name which cropped up a fair bit last season, but hasn't been mentioned lately is Dael Fry at Middlesbrough. He certainly looked decent when we played them. Looks like he'd cost something like £12 million - whether we've got that kind of money I'm not too sure.

I think money has to be spent on a position we really need and that's DM. Maybe they were hoping to hold out for a cheeky deal but if needs will activate the 'emergency pot' should the need arise. As an aside none of us can say we haven't spent this window, I've never known such an outlay. Shame pre season was such a balls up as I think it's really delayed the team gelling and we all know we get no time for such a luxury in the Prem. 

Yes, I'm fascinated to see how much money we still have to spend.

The type of offer made for Normann suggests not a sizeable chunk for two new players ... and perhaps not for one either.

6 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

God I hope we don't sign Phil Jones.

Interestingly we've not signed any Germans this summer, 2 from Germany but no actual Germans.

Kind of ruins the song 🤷🏻‍♂️

Only a hunch, Rich T, so don’t worry as I’m sure we won’t ha ha.

I can however see exactly why we’ve allegedly been looking at the Russian market - if you want genuine big old strong no nonsense units to galvanise CB and midfield, then unearthing some quality there could be a very wise move indeed 💪🏼

6 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I can however see exactly why we’ve allegedly been looking at the Russian market - if you want genuine big old strong no nonsense units to galvanise CB and midfield, then unearthing some quality there could be a very wise move indeed 💪🏼

We’ll sort off, this Normann chap is Norwegian - but Scandinavians are often fairly robust. (Though we’ve had a mix over the years)

14 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Russia is a very difficult league to sign players from though - clubs there pay large wages and have wealthy owners who don't like selling. It is also a big gamble as the quality is very varied and many players coming out of there often struggle in the larger European leagues. Ahmed Musa looked like a world beater in Russia, but could never make an impact for Leicester - there aren't many success stories of players signed from the Russian league in all honesty.

23 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Hope we don't sign players from the championship. As we will get told we are preparing for relegation and the championship next season. All after 180 mins of football.

12 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Considering Jones is on 100k a week (!) at United, I’d say there’s about 0.1% chance of this happening.

He also refused to give up his number 4 shirt number to Varane, which would suggest to me he doesn’t plan on leaving United any time soon.

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Russia is a very difficult league to sign players from though - clubs there pay large wages and have wealthy owners who don't like selling. It is also a big gamble as the quality is very varied and many players coming out of there often struggle in the larger European leagues. Ahmed Musa looked like a world beater in Russia, but could never make an impact for Leicester - there aren't many success stories of players signed from the Russian league in all honesty.

I know they’re famous for paying some pretty crazy salaries, but if that was the case all across the board in the Russian Premier then surely Normann’s wages would already be too high for us to be even giving him any consideration? I wouldn’t be too worried about the lack of success stories personally, it’s obviously a huge country and Russia have produced some good players for their international side over the years, so I can see why we’d be having a look, just as we are with another huge underachieving (by population) country, the USA. Knowing the Norwich way as we do, I would imagine we’d be keeping an eye out for any younger gem that we could snap up for a decent price, and whose not on a ridiculous wage level already - it’s clear we’re now looking in areas we never have before in our history.

When does the transfer window shut? Week today is it? If so, doesn't leave us long to bring in 2 players eeeeek squeaky bum time.

Wonder if there will be any outs as well 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Edited by crab man

12 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Considering Jones is on 100k a week (!) at United, I’d say there’s about 0.1% chance of this happening.

He also refused to give up his number 4 shirt number to Varane, which would suggest to me he doesn’t plan on leaving United any time soon.

Actually, the word is that he is even considering going on loan to the Championship this season so I would imagine wages are not an issue, I can only guess Utd would be paying the bulk of them as obviously there won’t be a club in the Championship that will pick up a £100k a week wage for him. 

Mattias Normann is earning just under £25k a week at Rostov. So would be within our wage structure

13 minutes ago, crab man said:

Wonder if there will be any outs as well 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I think we’ll get confirmation that Klose has been released, at least I hope so anyway. Love the bloke but we need to part ways with him, and I can’t say I was too impressed with him posting Instagram stories enjoying the sights in Switzerland midway through the Man City game on Saturday. You’re still a Norwich player, and whilst you may not want to be here, the least you can do is support your teammates, especially when you’re getting paid a huge amount of money to be doing naff all. Just a cursory “Come on Norwich!” would do the job.

I think Placheta will be going out on loan, as I genuinely can’t see him picking up any appearances in the PL this season. Would be a shame for his progression to be stunted as I still think there’s a good player in there, but he needs regular football.

Edited by Hoolahoop14

I might be considered slightly nuts but Phil Jones is 29, he has a lot of experience and is a decent player when on form.

I find it odd that people would be happy with Scott Dann or Cahill at 34/35 but not Jones who is still a decent age who could yet give us 2-3 good seasons if not more if managed like Cahill and Dann.

Only issue we have is we can't loan him so a purchase would be needed. I suspect he'd be available for less than £10m. Not only that, but I seem to remember that he played DM. I'm not suggesting he'd be the answer to both but he would give us cover in both. He'll be keen as he clearly wants games. And you know he is physical. He ticks most of the boxes.

44 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

We’ll sort off, this Normann chap is Norwegian - but Scandinavians are often fairly robust. (Though we’ve had a mix over the years)

Normann's from Svolvaer, in the Lofoten Islands (a place I have had in the back of my mind for years to visit). I guess he won't mind a cold night at Stoke considering that the Lofotens are north of the Arctic Circle).

1 minute ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

I think we’ll get confirmation that Klose has been released, at least I hope so anyway. Love the bloke but we need to part ways with him, and I can’t say I was too impressed with him posting Instagram stories enjoying the sights in Switzerland midway through the Man City game on Saturday. You’re still a Norwich player, and whilst you may not want to be here, the least you can do is support your teammates. Just a cursory “Come on Norwich!” would do the job.

I think Placheta will be going out on loan, as I genuinely can’t see him picking up any appearances in the PL this season. Would be a shame for his progression to be stunted as I still think there’s a good player in there, but he needs regular football.

People are Waaaaay to into this stuff. He was out... he took photos... photos go on instagram... No big deal is it really? And to be fair to him, Webber and Farke have made it clear he is not in our plans. Nor is Trybull who remains on our books I believe.

The only other candidates that could possibly be heading towards loans would be Placheta/Hernandez, though if I am honest, I would be surprised if they did as we still need cover. Hugill is the obvious one for a permanent exit.

We've actually done a fair bit of the work on that side of things.

1 minute ago, chicken said:

People are Waaaaay to into this stuff. He was out... he took photos... photos go on instagram... No big deal is it really?

Can't you see it? It's outrageous! He was out. In Switzerland. While we were playing.

And what's in Switzerland? That's right, mountains.

Mountains!

He's saying we've got a mountain to climb to stay in this league!

You know something else they're famous for? Chocolate.

I bet he found it hilarious insinuating our defence is as much good as chocolate fireguard.

And another thing - cuckoo clocks....