Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

1 hour ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Screenshot_20210823-125752_Samsung Internet.jpg

Appreciate this is coming via “sources” but if this signing/position was our number 1 priority we would not be p***ing around with this sort of deal. 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Appreciate this is coming via “sources” but if this signing/position was our number 1 priority we would not be p***ing around with this sort of deal. 

Why not?

If Norwich can acquire a player that would otherwise be beyond their means using 'this sort of deal' (the type of deal that secured Gibson and Giannoulis) then surely it is a good thing?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

He's not a DM. So either they're not going to play a DM or they're not signing this guy. I don't know. He looks a decent player but anyone suggesting they don't want to be "tied to the club" if we go down seems a bit of a pranny. I'm pretty sure the championship is likely better than the league he's in at the moment in Russia! 

Just now, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Why not?

If Norwich can acquire a player that would otherwise be beyond their means using 'this sort of deal' (the type of deal that secured Gibson and Giannoulis) then surely it is a good thing?

Because if, as it should have been, a defensive midfielder was our main priority we should have done what it takes to get them on board as early as possible, including putting big money on the table if that’s what it takes. I get the benefits of these loan to buy deals but they should not be relied upon for positions that are crucial to us. 

For that reason I don’t think this position has been made the priority it should have been albeit I think it will be addressed now one way or another because the need has been brought even more into focus by the opening two games (not that it needed to be).

3 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

He's not a DM. So either they're not going to play a DM or they're not signing this guy. I don't know. He looks a decent player but anyone suggesting they don't want to be "tied to the club" if we go down seems a bit of a pranny. I'm pretty sure the championship is likely better than the league he's in at the moment in Russia! 

I think by DM most people mean someone with physicality snd who can get their foot in. Yes ideally they would be of the Kante ilk and just sit in front of the back 4 but what we really need is someone who can cover the ground snd get stuck in physically.

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I think by DM most people mean someone with physicality snd who can get their foot in.

I think Jim thinks Webber should build a time machine and sign a player from the 70s (probably the last decade in which he understood the game)

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Because if, as it should have been, a defensive midfielder was our main priority we should have done what it takes to get them on board as early as possible, including putting big money on the table if that’s what it takes. I get the benefits of these loan to buy deals but they should not be relied upon for positions that are crucial to us. 

For that reason I don’t think this position has been made the priority it should have been albeit I think it will be addressed now one way or another because the need has been brought even more into focus by the opening two games (not that it needed to be).

Oh do shut up.

You know - because it's been mentioned in about three hundred articles and a dozen interviews with staff - that the club target individuals, not positions. Individuals they feel have the right personality, the right talents, the right frame of mind.

You will also know - again, mentioned ALOT - that the club are willing to wait for who they consider the right person.

NO ONE SIGNS PLAYERS FOR THE SAKE OF GETTING BODIES IN POSITIONS.

Or else Man City would have signed some random striker months ago rather than wait for Harry Kane. 

Honestly, it isn't difficult. 

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I think by DM most people mean someone with physicality snd who can get their foot in. Yes ideally they would be of the Kante ilk and just sit in front of the back 4 but what we really need is someone who can cover the ground snd get stuck in physically.

Kante, well known for "just sitting in front of the back 4" and not somebody who "can cover the ground" or "get stuck in physically".

Yep.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Brandon Williams has signed.

Blimey

What a waste of time if you ask me.

Is this the end of Aarons?

2 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Mumba was the only backup for both FBs until Williams came in. It was a vital signing.

• Like 1

Just now, kirku said:

Mumba was the only backup for both FBs until Williams came in. It was a vital signing.

Yeah I know that but wouldn't you look at another youngster for our future, not loan a man united player. He won't care how we do at all.

1 minute ago, Ward 3 said:

Yeah I know that but wouldn't you look at another youngster for our future, not loan a man united player. He won't care how we do at all.

Our first choice LB, a full international and all that jazz, just got destroyed and hooked at HT.

I think if there were a suitable player at the club, Farke would have used them. He's very proactive in utilising the youth players we have.

Just now, Ward 3 said:

Just because he’s a loan I don’t think that’s true at all. Ok he’s not as personally invested in the outcome but to say he won’t care at all is a bit derogatory of a guy that’s just signed for us.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Yeah and I would say Normann has better attacking qualities than defensive. So, I'm saying that while I wouldn't be disappointed with his signing he is not an out and out DM.

Certainly not the same kind of player as Skipp, for example. 

Anyway, I trust the process! Looking forward to see who we get in during these last few days

Edited by BobLoz3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Norfolk Dan said:

So are we mate..... Let's get this season started tomorrow night! 

IMG_20210823_153348.jpg

Erm, it's only 2.36 p.m as I write this!

20 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Better to get the transfer right that get it done quickly. 35 games with an excellent player is better than 38 with an average one (as I've said before). I don't see why it matters how the transfer is done, as long as it is done. 

There is no way of knowing which positions Webber and Farke were the greatest priority, although it seems that Normann has been someone the club have been chasing since the very end of last season. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

You mean like skipp didn't care as he was on loan? 

Honestly, do some of you read the utter sh*te you spout and think at all before you hit reply. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Just because he’s a loan I don’t think that’s true at all. Ok he’s not as personally invested in the outcome but to say he won’t care at all is a bit derogatory of a guy that’s just signed for us.

Quite - just look at Skipp for proof that players care, not that you need it…why would anyone looking to progress their career look to come to a side and just put their feet up?  It could set them back years, so us do what unlikely.

23 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Why do people tolerate this guys constant drivel about midfielders from thirty years ago, and how football transfers happen in terms of priority not circumstances. 

Jim Smith you don't have a clue do you. 

2 minutes ago, fredherring said:

You mean like skipp didn't care as he was on loan? 

Honestly, do some of you read the utter sh*te you spout and think at all before you hit reply. 

Personal opinion. Skipp is a humble lad, this guy in a **** head. Why don't you f.ck off if you don't like what I've put

5 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

As far as I know, despite Olly Skipp only being on loan didn’t show on his committment

14 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

The way Aarons has played last 2 games Williams is a sure starter....... 😏

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Erm, it's only 2.36 p.m as I write this!

I'm in a different time zone to you my friend.... 

6 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Personal opinion. Skipp is a humble lad, this guy in a **** head. Why don't you f.ck off if you don't like what I've put

If you don't want people to disagree with you, why don't you "**** off" from this board.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

If you don't want people to disagree with you, why don't you "**** off" from this board.

Don't cry. Someone's still a bit upset from Saturday 

21 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

He's better than Aarons IMO. 

I'm not sure Aarons will quite live up to his potential, or maybe more accurately the hype that's been created. When he first burst onto the scene he seemed to excel at defending! I remember him being really physical and getting stuck in to James Mclean. He did that a lot in his breakthrough season. He's seems to regressed a little IMO. I think the EPL is still too early for him. 

• Like 1