Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

I'd like to share a souvlaki with Maria .... to discuss football, and the player. of course. Starting with the fact that it would be perfectly ridiculous to throw  the youngster in at the deep end in such a way on Saturday, given the week he must have had.

If he is available a few mins off the bench wouldn’t be crazy, especially if the games out of sight.

2 minutes ago, Jpootz said:

I wonder what’s taking so long with the Tzolis announcement. Sargent landed late afternoon in Norwich and was announced at 8.30 the same evening. Maybe they’re waiting on another player so double announcement maybe 👀 

If they really do want him available for Liverpool, then would make sense he was in the training session this morning - then media stuff later this afternoon for a 5pm or later announcement

If the club was very keen to get him in before the Liverpool game and with Tzolis being predominantly a left sided player then maybe they feel Liverpool can be got at down their right hand side. TAA is very good going forwards but his defending is somewhat questionable. 

6 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

If he is available a few mins off the bench wouldn’t be crazy, especially if the games out of sight.

Suppose not, but the Greek coach mentioned 'availability,' suggesting more than a taster of PL pitch-life.

Edited by BroadstairsR

5 minutes ago, Jpootz said:

I wonder what’s taking so long with the Tzolis announcement. Sargent landed late afternoon in Norwich and was announced at 8.30 the same evening. Maybe they’re waiting on another player so double announcement maybe 👀 

All about announcing things when they have the most impact - I suspect 8:30pm for Sargent was felt to be a good time as it meant it dropped mid-afternoon in America and would get a lot of coverage. 

5pm - 6pm UK time are regarding by many social media managers as a good time to release news as it gets the maximum impact as people read it on their commute home (obviously pre everyone working from home).

18 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

She is quoting the PAOK manager who said those exact words at a press conference today...

Yes. You said that.

The first part of my posting was put in jest.

Not the second part, though.

Give the kid a chance to draw breath, is my thinking.

We don't want him clattered within five minutes of touching English soil. It wouldn't do much for his confidence.

It is not as if we are devoid of adequate alternatives from players who have played their part in contributing to the fact that we have got to the point of playing against Liverpool at Carrow Road on the opening day of a new season.

I could see him possibly making the bench, that’s assuming he starts training today and if Todd hasn’t managed to shake the ankle issue that kept him out last weekend. I guess it really depends on how he does between now and Friday evening. 

All this making the still rather large assumption he doesn’t need to quarantine. Maybe in Greece the owners had their squads jabbed, maybe a different set of guidelines on who got it. 

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Yes. You said that.

The first part of my posting was put in jest.

Not the second part, though.

Give the kid a chance to draw breath, is my thinking.

We don't want him clattered within five minutes of touching English soil. It wouldn't do much for his confidence.

It is not as if we are devoid of adequate alternatives from players who have played their part in contributing to the fact that we have got to the point of playing against Liverpool at Carrow Road on the opening day of a new season.

Well, not sure why you'd want to speak to the reporter about it, maybe have some sarmale with Lucescu or some bratwurst with Farke.

Saturday is a free hit in many ways, so no real pressure on anyone in the game, that said I doubt he'll start but will be on the bench. 9 subs this season, so not much discretion needed for who is on it.

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Well, not sure why you'd want to speak to the reporter about it, maybe have some sarmale with Lucescu or some bratwurst with Farke.

Saturday is a free hit in many ways, so no real pressure on anyone in the game, that said I doubt he'll start but will be on the bench. 9 subs this season, so not much discretion needed for who is on it.

I was being sexist.

I don't like bratwurst and don't know what sarmale is (or even who Lucescu is without wiki.)

I'm not too sure about giving him a few minutes from the bench, if available. It might do more harm than good. Sitting on the bench for ninety minutes, that's fine by me.

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

I was being sexist.

I don't like bratwurst and don't know what sarmale is (or even who Lucescu is without wiki.)

I'm not too sure about giving him a few minutes from the bench, if available. It might do more harm than good. Sitting on the bench for ninety minutes, that's fine by me.

Sarmale are Romanian cabbage rolls. Think they're quite similar to the Polish golumpki.

35 minutes ago, Jpootz said:

If the club was very keen to get him in before the Liverpool game and with Tzolis being predominantly a left sided player then maybe they feel Liverpool can be got at down their right hand side. TAA is very good going forwards but his defending is somewhat questionable. 

or maybe it indicates that Cantwell is not going to be fit. 

4 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I was being sexist.

He's probably one of our most fit options currently.

Edited by jaberry2

3 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

He's probably one of our fittest options currently.

Being fit is one thing, being familiar, comfortable and practised with how the team play is another.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

He was quite clearly suggesting he thought the reporter was a nice bit of crumpet. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

He's probably one of our most fit options currently.

Possibly. Frightening that.

I'm thinking of the kid.

He's 19 (and a half) and his whole world has just been transformed. New country, new home, new currency, new club, new colleagues etc. etc..

The Carra will be a cauldron on Saturday. Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs on the planet, it will be viewed by millions.

There is also a chance he may be targetted within minutes of stepping onto the turf, especially if there's something left in the game.

Edited by BroadstairsR

5 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Possibly. Frightening that.

I'm thinking of the kid.

He's 19 (and a half) and his whole world has just been transformed. New country, new home, new currency, new club, new colleagues etc. etc..

The Carra will be a cauldron on Saturday. Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs on the planet, it will be viewed by millions.

There is a chance he may be targetted within minutes of stepping onto the turf, especially if there's something left in the game.

I wouldn’t say frightening, him and Sargent’s seasons have both already begun, so proper competitive minutes under his belt.

Bench for me, though if he is spectacular today, tomorrow and Friday then why not, especially as we don’t know if Todd is fully fit yet.

14 minutes ago, WD40 said:

He was quite clearly suggesting he thought the reporter was a nice bit of crumpet. 

Greek names turn me on. They have done ever since, as a student, I hitch-hiked from Delphi to Athens, ended up in a rave there and sleeping on a roof-top within sight of the Acropolis.

More intricate details will be supplied should we gain three points on Saturday.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Haha 2

Robertson will not be playing rookie LB last Liverpool game.  If Chris is speedy right sided winger unleash him forthwith. 

5 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Greek names turn me on. They have done since, as a student, I hitch-hiked from Delphi to Athens, ended up in a rave there and sleeping on a roof-top within sight of the Acropolis.

More intricate details will be supplied should we gain three points on Saturday.

Oh please then let it be a draw, or even a defeat...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Oh please then let it be a draw, or even a defeat...

I take it that you've never slept on a rooftop in Greece.

Intricate business.

6 minutes ago, pete said:

Robertson will not be playing rookie LB last Liverpool game.  If Chris is speedy right sided winger unleash him forthwith. 

Ok.

I give in. He's George Best re-incarnated.

Play the boy.

9 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Ok.

I give in. He's George Best re-incarnated.

Play the boy.

Don't give in. You're absolutely right. 

People forget the human element in transfers. Aged 19, this lad is leaving behind everything he has ever known to move to Norwich of all places. He'll need time to get used to the league, to the country, to getting over being in a foreign country.

I think Placheta is a great example. Last year he came in with people sharing videos of how quick he is. Social media was full of comments of how he was going to tear up full backs. When it didn't happen, every time he's mentioned social media is full of comments calling him all sorts of names. 

We need to give this guy the time and space to settle at the club and not expect immediate results.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I take it that you've never slept on a rooftop in Greece.

Intricate business.

I've done that, bitten to death (almost) by mozzies!  Never again.  

Tzolis to the sound of Jolene? 

Tzolis, Tzolis, Tzolis, Tzooliiis,
I'm begging of you please go score again!
Tzolis, Tzolis, Tzolis, Tzooliiss,
Please do take him on just because you can!

18 minutes ago, chicken said:

Tzolis to the sound of Jolene? 

Tzolis, Tzolis, Tzolis, Tzooliiis,
I'm begging of you please go score again!
Tzolis, Tzolis, Tzolis, Tzooliiss,
Please do take him on just because you can!

too many syllables in the last line, suggest removing 'do' x

That recent article about Tzolis’s confirmation suggests we’re now amping up the signing of a left back. 

In that view what does that mean for Bryam? He’s still injured isn’t he? 

Im assuming that’s it for him now providing we keep hold of Aarons and have Mumba in reserve?

Thoughts? Rumours??