Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

I watch a fair bit of German football, and Sargent is one I've long said would fit us well. Yes his stats are fairly average, but he's still young and think Farke can mould him into his potential, would see him as a back up player to begin with. 

He has a decent record for the USA national team, although am unsure of the quality of the opposition faced. 

Sargent and Tzolis would be good additions to the squad. 

• Like 2

With all the positive signings so far, John Sargent’s potential signing would have to be filed under ‘underwhelming’.

Just hope it comes to nothing.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

He'll have his medical in Greece, like Rashica had his in Germany and Lees-Melou had his in France. Due to Covid restrictions he'd have to be in isolation for 5 days on arrival and wouldn't be able to have his medical until after then. 

But he might still be in the UK as he was in Ireland?

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

I watch a fair bit of German football, and Sargent is one I've long said would fit us well. Yes his stats are fairly average, but he's still young and think Farke can mould him into his potential, would see him as a back up player to begin with. 

He has a decent record for the USA national team, although am unsure of the quality of the opposition faced. 

Sargent and Tzolis would be good additions to the squad. 

Certainly a step up on Hugill, looked like we we’re trying to offload Hugill to Forrest! Not sure if this might happen if Sargent comes here.

2 minutes ago, unique said:

With all the positive signings so far, John Sargent’s potential signing would have to be filed under ‘underwhelming’.

It's be more than underwhelming if we sign John Sargent 

images.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I wouldn’t put too much stock on stats at Bremen, they were an almighty **** show. Manager stated he there is no Bremen starting 11 that doesn’t include his name. Rashica and Sargent were probably the 2 best WB players.

13 minutes ago, unique said:

What did you say when we signed Buendia? 

Sargent looks like the upgrade on Hugill then... if we can get him in for like £5m then it's a decent little bit of business. He's 21 but had loads of top flight experience and a good height to make the ball stick like Hugill did last season. Reckon Farke can bring him on into a quality player.

Just the greek, a cheap back up CB, Williams and Centre mid to come now... we should just steal Ollie Skipp while they're not lookinh

16 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Just to add, I am convinced we are after a central striker, as opposed to someone who can sort of play there, as back-up/potential longer-term replacement for Pukki, so this may well be the planned solution.

He seems to be playing on the right hand side in the video posted so maybe he is the primarily central striker option but one that can also play wide, rather than vive versa. That versatility fits.

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

What did you say when we signed Buendia? 

Strange question.

Buendia was an exciting potential signing.

Sargent’s potential signing, coming in as a second striker to Pukki, in the Premier League, doesn’t match the other signings so far.

The spectre of Ricky van Wolfswinkel looms large…..and his stats are somewhat superior to Sargent’s.

• Like 1

Hmm. 

Seems to spend as much time out on the right wing. A Hugill with much better ball control, but worse scoring record.

Underwhelmed, when we've supposedly been linked to Armstrong.

12 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Sargent looks like the upgrade on Hugill then... if we can get him in for like £5m then it's a decent little bit of business. He's 21 but had loads of top flight experience and a good height to make the ball stick like Hugill did last season. Reckon Farke can bring him on into a quality player.

Just the greek, a cheap back up CB, Williams and Centre mid to come now... we should just steal Ollie Skipp while they're not lookinh

Won't be Williams AND Skipp. So expect to see another option at LB.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Hmm. 

Seems to spend as much time out on the right wing. A Hugill with much better ball control, but worse scoring record.

Tbf people felt Lees-Melou was underwhelming when we first were linked - not young enough, not great stats for an 'attacking' midfielder, not technical enough etc

Definitely should give him a chance

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Hmm. 

Harsh.

Scored 7 goals in the Bundesliga playing mostly on the right last season. Top scorer in his relegated side. Is the US regular striker. Tall and strong.  

Most of all, he's 21. Plenty of potential to realise. 

I'm not exactly bubbling with excitement, but I think he's got a fair amount over Hugill. 

And we all knew nothing would ever come of Armstrong. 

11 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

He seems to be playing on the right hand side in the video posted so maybe he is the primarily central striker option but one that can also play wide, rather than vive versa. That versatility fits.

Yes, just looking at the highlights reel he certainly seems quite quick and pretty mobile, so I can see him also playing out wide, as part of the shape-shifting attacks we put together.

6 minutes ago, unique said:

The spectre of Ricky van Wolfswinkel looms large…..and his stats are somewhat superior to Sargent’s.

No.

Just now, WSM said:

Tbf people felt Lees-Melou was underwhelming when we first were linked - not young enough, not great stats for an 'attacking' midfielder, not technical enough etc

Definitely should give him a chance

Lees-Melou looked good on video, Sargent just looks well, ordinary?

If we've £40m coming in, I don't understand why we are going down this route.

• Like 1

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

He burst through in a terrible Bremen team - all I would say is to quote Webber who said they would be patient for their top targets - linked with him earlier in the summer and now back in for him (I guess as the price has fallen) - must obviously see something in him and will have been scouting him alongside Rashica

Shouldn't judge too quickly

Just putting it out there but it’s just been announced  that Lionel Messi is leaving Barcelona. Could do a job off the bench 

Edited by Virtual reality
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Good lord.

Anyone can look good on video. Julien Brellier is the key example. 

Let's actually give the lad a chance, shall we? We do love to heap pressure on our young players don't we? 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Badger said:

Thanks. Liked the last sentence:

"Idah, who was linked in a cash plus player move for Armstrong, is set to remain at Norwich and is viewed as an important member of their Premier League squad."

Welcome, Badger 👍

On another note, we all see things differently but at 21, Sargent looks strong, and technically decent to me with a quick brain, from watching various highlight reels. I think I’ll trust Farke to do the rest 👍

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Good lord.

Anyone can look good on video. Julien Brellier is the key example. 

Let's actually give the lad a chance, shall we? We do love to heap pressure on our young players don't we? 

I was hoping for someone a bit more 'oven ready' tbh, given the funds we potentially have available.

I was hoping for someone a bit more 'oven ready' tbh, given the funds we potentially have available.

I think that we can assume from this that the Cantwell thing is far from "a done deal" - not to say that it won't be.

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Welcome, Badger 👍

On another note, we all see things differently but at 21, Sargent looks strong, and technically decent to me with a quick brain, from watching various highlight reels. I think I’ll trust Farke to do the rest 👍

Very much this. The lad plainly has ability and if his attitude is right, then Farke will be able to get him up to speed with the way we play.

Why aren't we going in for this Messi chap? Oi, whurs hour hambishun, Neeyul??

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Why aren't we going in for this Messi chap? Oi, whurs hour hambishun, Neeyul??

He's going to Villa.

He's going to Villa.

Damn, Agent Buendia got him there!!