Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Quite, if Cantwell takes the league by storm huge offers could still come in during the January window. He’d still have nearly a year and half left on the current contract 

"IF"... No criticism that you use the word because all speculation is counterfactual. But we can say with equal authority what if he has an absolute stinker of a season, what if he gets a career ending injury etc, etc, etc. In the end Farke and Webber are paid good money to weigh up the "what ifs" and make the best fist of the gambles they have to take.

5 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I thought they just bought a player guaranteed to provide their best opportunity to stay up. I'm sure that's what you and some others were saying about Buendia when rumours of his sale from Norwich were rampant.

They've just bought a very good player but then we went down with Buendia in our team as well. I would be far more worried about facing a Villa side with Grealish and Buendia in it than I would with just Buendia. 

Just now, Jim Smith said:

but then we went down with Buendia in our team as well

Forgive me a slight ironic chuckle.

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

"IF"... No criticism that you use the word because all speculation is counterfactual. But we can say with equal authority what if he has an absolute stinker of a season, what if he gets a career ending injury etc, etc, etc. In the end Farke and Webber are paid good money to weigh up the "what ifs" and make the best fist of the gambles they have to take.

According to many he was our best player last time round in the Premier league. Todd was very decent last season so maybe a calculated gamble worth taking. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

According to many he was our best player last time round in the Premier league. Todd was very decent last season so maybe a calculated gamble worth taking. 

I agree. I would gamble on keeping him and maybe losing a bit off his transfer fee next summer if he won;t sign a new deal this season. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Couldn't agree more that I would love him to stay. I suspect that goes for Webber and Farke too. Only they and Cantwell himself truely have any significant knowledge of what the situation is regarding his contract intentions. Accordingly I expect they have a figure in mind regarding the point at which they would be tempted to sell (which is pretty much what Webber said regarding both him and Aarons).

26 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

If we parked the bus, got 38 0-0 draws and stayed up, I’d be ecstatic!

I wouldn't. I want to be entertained. I'd rather get relegated playing good football that I enjoy watching than scrape staying up by playing Hughton style and 0-0 our way there.

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

Couldn't agree more that I would love him to stay. I suspect that goes for Webber and Farke too. Only they and Cantwell himself truely have any significant knowledge of what the situation is regarding his contract intentions. Accordingly I expect they have a figure in mind regarding the point at which they would be tempted to sell (which is pretty much what Webber said regarding both him and Aarons).

That figure would be the same as Buendia’s if not more according to Webber. 

12 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

He's OK, but he's basically a reasonably above-average 2. Bundesliga striker according to kicker. Batted at an average mark of 3.44 then 3.56, which is fairly good (1 = incredible, 6 = Sloughbottom Park and 4 essentially works out average).

Marvin Ducksch | Hannover 96 | Spieler-Rangliste - kicker

In fact, Srbeny was ahead of him in the second half of last season.

Stürmer | Rangliste | 2. Bundesliga Sommer 2021 - kicker

Yes, he had an injury for a while I think. The rumours appear to be heating up but we've seen this kind of rubbish before on Twitter. Folk love starting rumours and letting them feed like wildfire.

Ducksch's career so far though in goals is very decent at about 100 scored out of  c.250 games in total. Not too shabby. He is a good height at 6.2' and at 27 years of age he is in his prime years. Whether he's good enough for the PL is another matter.

Just the kind of signing though I could see us making. As @jaberry2 says we will see. If it is Sargent, arguably he's younger and more in the mould of 'one with promise'. We need a more seasoned 'ready now' player for our first team. Arguably we need another 3 or 4.

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Yes, he had an injury for a while I think. The rumours appear to be heating up but we've seen this kind of rubbish before on Twitter. Folk love starting rumours and letting them feed like wildfire.

Ducksch's career so far though in goals is very decent at about 100 scored out of  c.250 games in total. Not too shabby. He is a good height at 6.2' and at 27 years of age he is in his prime years. Whether he's good enough for the PL is another matter.

Just the kind of signing though I could see us making. As @jaberry2 says we will see. If it is Sargent, arguably he's younger and more in the mould of 'one with promise'. We need a more seasoned 'ready now' player for our first team. Arguably we need another 3 or 4.

I suspect its just kid chat on twitter. I would be surprised if Ducksch is still on our radar, but could be if little capital is required for his signature.

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That figure would be the same as Buendia’s if not more according to Webber. 

Indeed! At that point I think I'd cash my chips in.

26 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Villa without Grealish are relegation rivals.

Looking at Premier League history, apart from anything else, would suggest this is highly unlikely.

The only reason they got relegated in the first place is that they had an investor owner who got fed up with putting money in. 

On 30/07/2021 at 13:05, horsefly said:

Indeed! At that point I think I'd cash my chips in.

Fred and Todd on their way to new club. 

M

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Absolutely this. Our problem last time round wasn’t lack of skill- it’s that we were bullied off the ball by all the lower teams all season long. Kenny was a prime example. We absolutely must get some muscle for the middle- a skipp type who protects the back 4 and gives other midfielders space to play- if we are to stand any chance at all 

Kenny isn't a prime example. It's why Farke selected KM with Tettey and described him as invaluable.

Trybull, Vrancic and Leitner are the prime examples that you're looking for, hence why they're not in the squad.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

If Cantwell is dead set on leaving then there would be no point in keeping him IMO if we are offered a good price, it's the same thing every time. A player who doesn't want to be here with a contract running down is useless to the club. 

Hopefully he doesnt feel that way but if he does the club realistically has few options.

Agree with this, but i think the "if" at the start of your post can pretty much be ignored...im tired of the Todd wants to leave coz he has not signed a new contract story..look..he loves this club...he is not dead set on leaving..he has two seasons still left before his contract ends so there is no pressure as yet for him to  negotiate a new contract. Yes, if any club did come in and offer 35 mill+ for him then Webber would be open to sell and Todd would  go for the presumably much higher wages, so until such time as that factually happens lets just enjoy our local lad strut his stuff on the pitch.

Also had hoped the Skipp situation had come and gone...for an article to keep the ifs and buts about Skipp carrying on feels just pointless to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

I think it could be Marvin Ducksch. We've been long time admirer's and he is very decent. A cut above Denis Srbeny and his stats are more impressive. Last link was 18/19. My son told me about him as he spent a while in Germany during his study days. Always impressed with him.

Not a marquee signing but a decent one nevertheless. Then, maybe it is Sargent! I hope if the rumours are true, it's Ducksch.

But, we'll see soon enough. Need a signing this weekend.

Can't be Ducksch, he wouldn't get a work permit under the new rules as the 2. Bundesliga where he has been playing isn't a high enough ranked league to get him the points. 

Norwich only fly the players in once the deal has been done and announced. If it was a player on that flight they would then have to spend 5 days in self-isolation. So they definitely aren't coming over for a medical in Norwich, as it can easily be done where the player currently is - Lees-Melou had his in France, Rashica had his medical in Germany.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Can't be Ducksch, he wouldn't get a work permit under the new rules as the 2. Bundesliga where he has been playing isn't a high enough ranked league to get him the points. 

Norwich only fly the players in once the deal has been done and announced. If it was a player on that flight they would then have to spend 5 days in self-isolation. So they definitely aren't coming over for a medical in Norwich, as it can easily be done where the player currently is - Lees-Melou had his in France, Rashica had his medical in Germany.

I was going to say the same on Ducksch. I think some of these names circulated are just old targets for us in the Championship. The only player I could see it would be (if any truth in it) would be Sargeant.

Edited by jaberry2

2 hours ago, 1902 said:

I'm really not. It's been perfectly consistent throughout. No need to be patronising given I haven't treated you with any disrespect.

You need to climb up out of this rabbit hole before you go so far down you can't escape...😜

1 hour ago, Yellow and Green said:

Kenny isn't a prime example. It's why Farke selected KM with Tettey and described him as invaluable.

Trybull, Vrancic and Leitner are the prime examples that you're looking for, hence why they're not in the squad.

I think Kenny would have to single-handed go past the whole of the Man City team, hitting a screamer from 35 yards to win us the game, and then repeat it against Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool before some posters on here would admit he’s actually an ok player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I think Kenny would have to single-handed go past the whole of the Man City team, hitting a screamer from 35 yards to win us the game, and then repeat it against Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool before some posters on here would admit he’s actually an ok player.

Wouldn’t be enough - ask Todd! 😜

David Freezer saying reports of us making a bid for Tzolis are understood to be wide of the mark… he also invented a fantastic new European comp for Europe’s second tiers called the Championship League 😉

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/giannoulis-knows-all-about-reported-ncfc-target-tzolis-8198414

Edited by Alex Moss

23 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

David Freezer saying reports of us making a bid for Tzolis are understood to be wide of the mark… he also invented a fantastic new European comp for Europe’s second tiers called the Championship League 😉

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/giannoulis-knows-all-about-reported-ncfc-target-tzolis-8198414

He says reports of us having made a bid are 'premature' which is not the same.as saying they are wide of the mark.

9 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

He says reports of us having made a bid are 'premature' which is not the same.as saying they are wide of the mark.

There’s no flies on Dave. 

7 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I will remember to use the exact terminology next time, Purple, but if we’ve not made a bid then reports that we have would of course still be wide of the mark

5 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Do you remember the recent thread when we laughed at Brentford’s forum posts suggesting they had done well with their couple of signings, and the discussion about whether they could/should buy Cantwell? Something very similar is likely to happen to your post Jim on a Villa (or even a neutral) forum.

Welcome to Jimbo  world Nuffu, where footy is viewed  through a kaleidoscope made of diamonds,  Rubies  and Emeralds, where Norwichs place  among the Cash rich  elite is secured due to having a benefactor ( not investor) who just wants to rid himself of his fortune by the fastest means possible.....unbridled donations to us. Where the,Clubs sporting director only has his own best interests at heart and despite his best efforts  to ruin us, we are still succeeding.  Jimboworld,  where  facts , stability  and nous count for nothing,  where all the clubs troubles can be cured....if only we had more money. 

7 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I will remember to use the exact terminology next time, Purple, but if we’ve not made a bid then reports that we have would of course still be wide of the mark

Yes, but the depth that article goes in to implies that they have been told it is something we are working on and have a decent level of confidence in.

At this point in the Summer and having seen how slow the transfer market is, I am quite glad we have additions in the building and working with the group. Even though our preparations have been disrupted again through covid and cancelling pre season games.

If we presume we are in a chain, if you will, with Cantwell then it shows how important it is to look at those transfers with many less variables.

Hopefully our search for a defensive midfielder is going well and it seems the door on skipp may not be fully closed but hoping we are looking at all avenues.

Centre half news has quietened after our pursuit of Ajer and of course we have 4 centre halves at the moment, whether that group leaves us light we may find out. But if it means we can get players who can get us goals then it may well be worth it.

Hoping next week it ramps up as I feel we need a couple of additions in before the season starts and not at the end of the window.

Having said that they may not get any preseason game time with covid precautions cancelling some games. So maybe coming in later after they have had preseason is not as bad as it would normally be.

Edited by smooth

2 hours ago, All the Germans said:

I wouldn't. I want to be entertained. I'd rather get relegated playing good football that I enjoy watching than scrape staying up by playing Hughton style and 0-0 our way there.

My comment was tongue in cheek but I hope that at some point we manage to survive a season after promotion and then build on that to achieve a longer stay in the Premier League. Why not this season?

The thrill of alternating between winning the Championship at a canter one season and then being relegated because we didn’t or couldn’t adapt our style the next season will probably pale after a while.

12 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Wide of the mark suggest we are nowhere near that stage, of making an offer, and might never be. Premature suggest we might be close to doing so. I was not being picky for the sake of it. Freezer has chosen 'premature' carefully.