Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

9 minutes ago, WSM said:

The plane is landing/has landed in Sardinia - any Cagliari players that are of interest?!

Or could it be an agent returning to his villa?

21 minutes ago, g00se said:

That's the release clause - this article says they may want 20m EUR: https://motleedsnews.com/news/cagliari-midfielder-nahitan-nandez-not-convinced-about-joining-leeds/

but if he wants to go to inter....

Maybe Delia is off to Sardinia for her hols?

Not far from Sicily is it! Delia's clearly flown off to launder the Buendia cash, just ask Uncle Fred. I mean, she's a known expert on cooking books.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I would like to make an advance post. Is that allowed? 

June 2023

The circle of life 

I'm disappointed that Norwich City have done it YET AGAIN and sold our best player to Manchester United for a paltry £60m. Tzolis was our best player ever and was worth far more than that. We may as well have not bothered to sign him in the first place. 

Sod that, we all want to know what the scampi portion sizes are in 2023 🤣 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

and so it continues

out of the dozens and dozens who post on this forum, it always comes down to the same handful of trolls who turn so many threads into personal attacks

never any attempt at addressing the points, rather some sad need to vent their spleen

That would be you 🙄. This forum was so much better the past few months when you were in hiding after making a complete ** of yourself over the iFollow post. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WSM said:

First bid rejected

Before anyone starts panicking, Webber will break our transfer record on this one (providing the player wants to come)

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Before anyone starts panicking, Webber will break our transfer record on this one (providing the player wants to come)

Do think that the first offer was always going to be rejected - but could only be a couple million euros off - I am sure in the real world there is more negotiation and PAOK have probably come back with a counter offer

let's hope they can come to an agreement

Just now, WSM said:

Do think that the first offer was always going to be rejected - but could only be a couple million euros off - I am sure in the real world there is more negotiation and PAOK have probably come back with a counter offer

let's hope they can come to an agreement

Fingers crossed as with this acquisition I think we’d have one hell of a forward line!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

TWO transfer records broken in one window? Christ nobody tell Fred

4 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Is it more or less depressed than 6 months ago though? Apparently Brugge offered €10m and a player - could be PAOK didn't want to sell mid-seaon though.

Expect Norwich will need to up the bid a bit before PAOK go for it, or front load it to help them cover the losses from fans not being in the stadium. 

It's certainly plausible.

The economic impacts worsened as the year went on and the relative lack of trickle down transfers so far this summer could result in fewer buyers for him.

I suspect than this window is slower relative to normal summer windows than January was - but it's only a gut feeling..

18 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

What makes you think we will push the boat out for Tzolis, he asks politely...?

Love to believe you, would be a cracking signing I feel.

When you see the figures being quoted for Armstrong, you'd hope we think the Greek lad's worth a couple of €m more.

17 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

What makes you think we will push the boat out for Tzolis, he asks politely...?

Love to believe you, would be a cracking signing I feel.

Fair question mate, and I admit it is completely a gut feeling, Webber has said we could break our transfer record this window, maybe even twice, you would have to imagine that would be on a forward player so why not on this Greek boy? 🙏

Tzoli is talented, but incredibly raw - I'm not sure he is actually good enough to be a regular starter in the Premier League yet. 

€10m would be a big portion of Norwich's remaining budget, is it worth it for someone who has more value in their potential rather than their current ability?

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Fair question mate, and I admit it is completely a gut feeling, Webber has said we could break our transfer record this window, maybe even twice, you would have to imagine that would be on a forward player so why not on this Greek boy? 🙏

if we have been quoted as bidding 10m for Billing, Ajer - paying 9m for Rashica - can't see why 9 million euros (including 2 based on performance bonuses) would be our limit

We've got five midfielders already for deeper-lying positions. Gilmour, Sorensen, Lees-Melou, Rupp, McLean. Cantwell and Dowell are playmakers/attacking midfielders, Rashica is a winger/striker with some speed. I'd rather have Tzolis than Billing, personally.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

We've got five midfielders already for deeper-lying positions. Gilmour, Sorensen, Lees-Melou, Rupp, McLean. Cantwell and Dowell are playmakers/attacking midfielders, Rashica is a winger/striker with some speed. I'd rather have Tzolis than Billing, personally.

Agreed - think we could do with a midfielder but one that is much more defensive 

Just now, WSM said:

Agreed - think we could do with a midfielder but one that is much more defensive 

And that's not Billing. He came into his own as a more purely box-to-box man for Bournemouth. I think Sorensen's getting readied.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Apologies, not being a billionaire myself I obviously miss their philanthropic tendancies and times they just give away money hand over fist to anyone asking.

Thanks for pointing out my obvious failings 😉

Not a billionaire... oh?

Nevermind, there are plenty of others in Norfolk desperate to give us their money if only Delia would let them! 😃

24 minutes ago, WSM said:

if we have been quoted as bidding 10m for Billing, Ajer - paying 9m for Rashica - can't see why 9 million euros (including 2 based on performance bonuses) would be our limit

I agree mate 

Well it's all gone public so not a good sign as not the way Webber likes to do business.

PAOK have just rejected the bid, there's no sign of a counter offer. This could well end up nearer the £15m mark with add ons. A lot of dosh for a 19 year old.

The bid for Tzolis is reported to be €7 + €2m and PAOK are apparently looking for something north of €10m initially - so there is a quite a distance between the two at the moment. 

There feels like quite a large opportunity cost with going for Tzolis - he would be a bit of a punt as he's very raw and judging based on the Greek Super League is very tricky - spending that money on him means not being able to spend it on signings that are needed elsewhere.

I can see why he'd be a good long term signing, but next season is maybe one of the most important in the clubs recent history. Having a player who'll be great in a year or two isn't going to help if Norwich have been relegated and had to sell him in a year.

• Like 2

Tzolis looks very exciting to me and I do hope we can make it happen. It's a gamble, for sure, but 16 goals and 10 assists last year including 5 goals in 9 starts in European football is very exciting. We'll have to roll the dice at some point and in some way ... I say we do it!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The bid for Tzolis is reported to be €7 + €2m and PAOK are apparently looking for something north of €10m initially - so there is a quite a distance between the two at the moment. 

There feels like quite a large opportunity cost with going for Tzolis - he would be a bit of a punt as he's very raw and judging based on the Greek Super League is very tricky - spending that money on him means not being able to spend it on signings that are needed elsewhere.

I can see why he'd be a good long term signing, but next season is maybe one of the most important in the clubs recent history. Having a player who'll be great in a year or two isn't going to help if Norwich have been relegated and had to sell him in a year.

These are all very fair and sensible points but I don't want them to stop us from getting IRRATIONALLY EXCITED about some 19-year-old Greek kid who we never had heard of until 2 days ago but is going to smash it next season and bag 15+ goals while we make Europa League!!!!!!!!!!

🤣🤪

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I take that point. On the face of it this looks like a bit of a luxury buy, if it happens. One problem for fans is that I have yet to see an authoritative assessment of how much money we have left to spend, assuming we sell no-one else.

And our priorities have changed a bit. It appears, for example, as if we may be prepared to wait until the season has started and use the remaining EPL loan slot on the central defender that not long ago seemed a top priority.

Are we still very keen on Billing, who would almost certainly cost a club record basic fee? Do Farke and Webber think Tzolis and Rashica and Idah can adequately deputise for Pukki or do they think we need an out and out striker (a Guardian columnist today advocates us buying Roland Sallai from Freiburg...)?

It is possible we have more money to spend than is generally assumed.

• Like 1