Sign in to follow this  

Good goal but an arrogant sob, taunting our players at one point because hefelt he could. Don't like seeing disrespect shown to the opposition teams - never seen us do it in all our posession/dominance of the ball under Farke - and I hope we never do.

• Thanks 2

Can't disagree with this LDC, however, he'd get in my side!

Agree completely. I don’t think DF would be happy with his attitude.

a quality player but very one footed, disappointing we weren’t able to close down the shot for his goal although with 11 on the pitch I doubt if he’d have had such a free run there.

And yes his attitude at the end was a bit pathetic given they were nowhere when it was 11 v 11, most players would be bright enough to work that out.

Just now, Move Klose said:

Screenshot_20210418-103937_Twitter.jpg.62ae8b6bba51a59f7ac3093d36dc10b2.jpg

This was after Danjuma banged one in.

Its a debate no one in football has ever had.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

This was after Danjuma banged one in.

Its a debate no one in football has ever had.

Yes, I have to wonder if they watched the first 15 minutes, and if they’re capable of thinking about how it may have gone if Buendia had had the extra space created by Bournemouth going down to 10 men, which could easily have happened, rather than vice versa.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

taunting our players at one point because hefelt he could. Don't like seeing disrespect shown to the opposition teams

I'm sure many of us if we had a decent player with grit would not mind. It can be part of that fighting attitude we complained they never showed last season. This kind of player in the right mould is not necessarily a bad thing. Bit embarrasing but useful. Anyway lets see Danjuma up against Scott Brown.

Scott Brown celebration: How Celtic star's 'The Broony' became an infamous  Old Firm feature | Goal.com

Edited by KiwiScot

19 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

I'm sure many of us if we had a decent player with grit would not mind. It can be part of that fighting attitude we complained they never showed last season. This kind of player in the right mould is not necessarily a bad thing. Bit embarrasing but useful. Anyway lets see Danjuma up against Scott Brown.

Scott Brown celebration: How Celtic star's 'The Broony' became an infamous  Old Firm feature | Goal.com

Showboating is not cool under any circustances. It's insulting to other professionals. Wouldn't want to see any of our players doing it. 

Edited by lake district canary

24 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Yeah, Scotts a real hardman.. until anyone fights back 😉

rfgbc3y.jpg

• Haha 3

Billy Big Bollix types rarely live up to their own hype, like the sad fella in the boozer who's always going on about his amazing sex life,  you just know he's  going home alone to his laptop and tissues.

One thing I love about Farke and our group of players (and this speaks volumes for our recruitment) is sheer humility. Teemu best identifies it. Never do we see posturing like Toney does to give one example. We just see exuberance. The example is set right from the top...respect...and it's why DF is such a brilliant bloke. 

It's been picked up a few times by Prutton to be fair who was very very generous last night in his post match commentary.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Move Klose said:

This sort of thing is why I hate football twitter. Its just twelve year old partisans saying dumb **** to try and then claiming they were fishing.

Edited by king canary

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

This sort of thing is why I hate football twitter. Its just twelve year old partisans saying dumb **** to try and then claiming they were fishing.

'Hahaha your club is tiny tinpot club **** club hahaha'

'Sorry what did you say?'

'Hahahaha people replying taking the bait hahahaa'

That tends to be how Twitter 'football banter' goes

40 minutes ago, sonyc said:

One thing I love about Farke and our group of players (and this speaks volumes for our recruitment) is sheer humility. Teemu best identifies it. Never do we see posturing like Toney does to give one example. We just see exuberance. The example is set right from the top...respect...and it's why DF is such a brilliant bloke. 

It's been picked up a few times by Prutton to be fair who was very very generous last night in his post match commentary.

Just felt that all of the comments that our players made after the match were so grounded and realistic about our chances next season. Yes, there was exuberance and excitement and why not - if you cannot celebrate a great achievement that would be a shame. There was a real sense of maturity from them all and that has clearly been modelled by Farke. He is class and the actions of some of the Bournemouth players were somewhat over the top - they did only win three points last night. They need to look at the table. 

Edited by Mutley

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Quite a lot of Bournmouth players come across as arogant toads to be honest. Then again the silly wages they are on for such a tiny club probably does inflate their egos

12 against 10 usually helps too

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Quite a lot of Bournmouth players come across as arogant toads to be honest. Then again the silly wages they are on for such a tiny club probably does inflate their egos

Agreed - they are an old styled Third Division club with their 12,000 (if that) capacity. Shouldn't be in The Championship let alone Premier League!  Although the sending off could have been correct according to the letter of the law, you could see the contact was minimal with zero malice. Pearson screams out, rolls around and cons the ref. He was an irritant the whole match. 

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Was disppointed with their attitude, I presume they are reflection of their manager.  Might win promotion, but will win few friends.

Edited by lake district canary

Their best player by a mile. Heard Woodgate giving a boohoo speech about selling 11 players at the start of the season. Failed to mention the cost of the ones who came in. This guy was over £12m

Good player and dare I say it a foot on the ground moment ahead of next season when we will encounter those types of players regularly. I know we were down to ten but we really struggled to contain them out wide at times. The general consensus is that our defence has improved but still areas for further improvement 

30 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Was disppointed with their attitude, I presume they are reflection of their manager.  Might win promotion, but will win few friends.

I have seen a lot of opposition fans this season bemoaning Bournemouth’s gamesmanship. They did the same to Watford a few weeks ago 

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I guess it’s that attitude that has them 16 points behind us and settling for the playoffs. They shouldn’t be that far away from us because on paper they have a strong enough team for automatic promotion and we had horrendous injury problems. The only difference that I can see is that our players didn’t think they were too good for this league and came in every day with the right attitude.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Move Klose said:

What debate was that then? I'd never even heard of him until last night 🤣

• Haha 1