Crabbycanary3

Transfer rumour - Greek striker

I was looking at the goal scoring chart in Holland the other day, noticed this guy was top. Had a funny feeling we would get linked to him whether we even have an actually interest as I knew he would certainly be a cheaper option. 

1 minute ago, Move Klose said:

I was looking at the goal scoring chart in Holland the other day, noticed this guy was top. Had a funny feeling we would get linked to him whether we even have an actually interest as I knew he would certainly be a cheaper option. 

Drmic is still the better singer. 

Anyone who has as exceptional a goal scoring record as that for a relegation threatened side in a technical league just has to be considered.

Giannoulis I’m sure would more than help whet his international team mates appetite for life at Carrow Rd, and I think that gives us a slight advantage over our rivals.

Another Greek international will surely boost the clubs interest down in the Med, and might mean that when we’re finally allowed to go back on our travels that it might not be so hard to find a City game in a bar, whilst you’re taking in a Greek sunset with a pint of Ouzo in hand.

Sign him up! 🍻

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Still prefer Drmic. 

Fair play, that Benjamin Bloom’s got some proper big b0ll0ck5 to wear that

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

with a pint of Ouzo in hand.

That'd be the last sunset you ever saw...

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

24 goals in 26 games, not bad 😳 But how good a league is the eridivisie?

Suarez?

I’ve checked out his highlight reel and a couple of observations. He’s clearly a very handy and instinctive finisher, a lot of the goals seem to come from crosses into the box which isn’t really our game - but could be a useful commodity. Also, his team plays in yellow which should ease his transition to us :)

28 minutes ago, chicken said:

That'd be the last sunset you ever saw...

Ha ha I dunno, Chicken - every pint of Ouzo I normally see at least 12

56 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Anyone who has as exceptional a goal scoring record as that for a relegation threatened side in a technical league just has to be considered.

Giannoulis I’m sure would more than help whet his international team mates appetite for life at Carrow Rd, and I think that gives us a slight advantage over our rivals.

Another Greek international will surely boost the clubs interest down in the Med, and might mean that when we’re finally allowed to go back on our travels that it might not be so hard to find a City game in a bar, whilst you’re taking in a Greek sunset with a pint of Ouzo in hand.

Sign him up! 🍻

A pint of ouzo in hand?

Are you Sam Allardyce in disguise? ;)

Although that's a fair point re. City games in Greece. I can see it now. Sat in a bar on Flisvos Marina looking at the pricey ships in the harbour there, with a nice chicken salad and a glass of what I fancy after the Poseidon Athens half-marathon earlier on, watching Giannoulis, Giakoumakis, and the fake Greek drug-dealing friend Takas Kokupthenos beat Citeh again. 😉

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Oohhh, another striker for the bench

Might just be me but quite often there is a correlation between negative post and a thread you didn't start... 

However, to address your point.

Hugill - gives us something different but isn't going to be prolific. I see him as a useful player to offer something a bit different, more physical and gives height against teams we may struggle with in that regards.

Idah - I think the coaches thought this was going to be his break through season, frequently coming on out wide or up front towards the end of games to use his pace and physicality. There is probably an argument to be had that he still would have been looked at for going out on loan next season if we went up as what he really needs is regular game time. I think he'll cut it, but I'm always wary of young players we seem to keep part of the squad and stunt the development of eg Ryan Jarvis. I think a loan next season may help Idah become the player we need in the future. At 20, he still has plenty of time.

Last time out, people were pointing to the bench and highlighting that there wasn't any real alternative to Pukki. So when Pukki was injured or suffering a loss of form, there wasn't a worthy understudy, though at times and in flashes Drmic threatened to be, he ultimately never really did.

Pukki is 31. He'll still deliver for us, but we do need to be looking at reinforcements there on promotion and without breaking the bank. Brining in a player to compete with Pukki knowing that they may not start every game might be the challenge. Especially for a newly promoted side.

Giakoumakis would appear to fit the bill. Coming into the peak of his career at 26, still relatively young, into the last year of his contract and playing for a relegation threatened side whilst having scored regularly. Would mean relatively cheap and a worthy gamble.

30 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

A pint of ouzo in hand?

Are you Sam Allardyce in disguise? 😉

Although that's a fair point re. City games in Greece. I can see it now. Sat in a bar on Flisvos Marina looking at the pricey ships in the harbour there, with a nice chicken salad and a glass of what I fancy after the Poseidon Athens half-marathon earlier on, watching Giannoulis, Giakoumakis, and the fake Greek drug-dealing friend Takas Kokupthenos beat Citeh again. 😉

Ha ha not Sam Allardyce, I think it’s just a genetic trait of a drummer ha ha. We should organise a Pink’un holiday and get a bunch of us all out there during a week when we’ve got a couple of games and a cup match!

Funny thing was I was out in Greece, or Crete to be precise, when we beat Man City that day. Issues with the plane out meant I didn’t get there till about 4 on the Saturday morning, and I was staying at a villa on my own. But I ambled down late to breakfast in my Buendia shirt and it actually became the ice breaker where I got talking with other guests, footballs really good like that. But that was just crazy that night, think we kicked off at 7:30 Greek time, and as the Norwich shirt tends to stick out I was getting high fives all a long the main drag on my way back from the bars to the villa, it wasn’t just us Norwich supporters that enjoyed it, amazing reaction! I don’t know how many drinks I got bought that night, but yes, there were pints of Ouzo ha ha 

2D3DC8E7-C28E-4A61-9035-27DC37647260.jpeg

628D120D-46B2-4276-8CDB-5F3EB354F501.jpeg

Edited by Alex Moss
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Sign him up! 🍻

Pint of Ouzo! That's not a good idea! 

One of the noticeable aspects of our success has been the way players have greatly improved since they have been with us (including youth players)

Much will depend on the aptitude of players like this. Farke has said that nothing less than total commitment is required, so I am sure that side of any player is checked out before any signing.

Ben Godfrey spoke of the 'sacrifices' he made during his time with us showing a determination to put all aside in his wanting to succeed.

In that light I expect Farke/Webber to know if they are signing another Pukki rather than another Oliveira

9 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Ha ha not Sam Allardyce, I think it’s just a genetic trait of a drummer ha ha. We should organise a Pink’un holiday and get a bunch of us all out there during a week when we’ve got a couple of games and a cup match!

Funny thing was I was out in Greece, or Crete to be precise, when we beat Man City that day. Issues with the plane out meant I didn’t get there till about 4 on the Saturday morning, and I was staying at a villa on my own. But I ambled down late to breakfast in my Buendia shirt and it actually became the ice breaker where I got talking with other guests, footballs really good like that. But that was just crazy that night, think we kicked off at 7:30 Greek time, and as the Norwich shirt tends to stick out I was getting high fives all a long the main drag on my way back from the bars to the villa, it wasn’t just us Norwich supporters that enjoyed it, amazing reaction! I don’t know how many drinks I got bought that night, but yes, there were pints of Ouzo ha ha 

2D3DC8E7-C28E-4A61-9035-27DC37647260.jpeg

628D120D-46B2-4276-8CDB-5F3EB354F501.jpeg

I was in Crete for a memorable Norwich game too. The 7-1 loss to Colchester. Fortunately I wasn’t wearing a Norwich shirt!

• Haha 1