Jump to content
Mullet

Middlesbrough (must win ) V Watford

Recommended Posts

Middlesbrough can kiss the playoffs good bye if they lose to Watford tomorrow so lets hope they give it everything.

As for the other teams 3rd to 8th Brentford and Swansea must realise they are very likely playoffs so may start thinking about avoiding injuries.

Cardiff, Barnsley, Bournemouth still have lots to play for so they will most likely be playing 7 cup finals.

After the season we've had I hope we don't get pipped at the post by the Watford scummy bandits

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mullet said:

Middlesbrough can kiss the playoffs good bye if they lose to Watford tomorrow so lets hope they give it everything.

As for the other teams 3rd to 8th Brentford and Swansea must realise they are very likely playoffs so may start thinking about avoiding injuries.

Cardiff, Barnsley, Bournemouth still have lots to play for so they will most likely be playing 7 cup finals.

After the season we've had I hope we don't get pipped at the post by the Watford scummy bandits

Watford are on a very good winning run..... you know what happens to those winning runs, they come to an end.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be irritating to finish second after all those weeks at the top but getting up automatically is what really matters, I think we will win the league with a bit to spare but if Watford were able to catch us I’d take my hat off to them as it would mean they’d had an incredible run and probably come to CR and beat us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the time watford come to play brentford and swansea , promotion for them (and us) may well be done....so what would have looked 2 hard games suddenly then become a lot easier if those 2 are resting players for the playoffs.

We have to be prepared for Watford winning all of their remaining matches.

We still have some tough games in not only Watford themselves but also Reading ,Bournemouth and Barnsley who are chasing playoffs

I think its going to be very very close for first place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think it will be close. I can see us beating all of Watford Bournemouth and reading at home . The fixtures played into our hands and we played all our hard away games by Xmas . We have lost once at home all season and that was a fluke defeat to derby at start of season. Barnsley away will be our hardest game and that’s the last one. The centre back problem is an issue but we have coped with injuries admirably throughout the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watford’s does look a tough run-in but when you’re on form you do fancy yourselves to beat everyone...but equally, all winning runs come to an end, either with a draw or defeat, and boro is a tough old place to go to.  It would be great for us to be able to go into our game on Tuesday knowing that we can push back up to an 8 or 9pt gap with a win, and with only 6 to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see we now have another thread worrying about what Watford get up to in their last few games. 😜😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watford are 7th in the form table for away games and only 8 teams have scored less than them, away from home. 

For every away point Watford have achieved, we have got 1.5 points from our home games. They still have to play away to the teams currently in 2nd, 5th and 8th, in the 'home' form table

Hope that helps ease the worries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

It would be irritating to finish second after all those weeks at the top but getting up automatically is what really matters, I think we will win the league with a bit to spare but if Watford were able to catch us I’d take my hat off to them as it would mean they’d had an incredible run and probably come to CR and beat us. 

More irritating to finish 3rd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My only frustration right now is our injuries at the back. If we lost to Watford or Bournemouth with Gibson at the back then I’d say fair enough. But for once it would be nice to play them both at full strength. Bournemouth were very lucky that they played us without Cantwell and Buendia, no way they would have beaten us with those 2 playing. That all said, Omobamidele did very well against Preston and if he shines again on Tuesday then I won’t be so fussed about those 2 fixtures mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

My only frustration right now is our injuries at the back. If we lost to Watford or Bournemouth with Gibson at the back then I’d say fair enough. But for once it would be nice to play them both at full strength. Bournemouth were very lucky that they played us without Cantwell and Buendia, no way they would have beaten us with those 2 playing. That all said, Omobamidele did very well against Preston and if he shines again on Tuesday then I won’t be so fussed about those 2 fixtures mentioned.

True, it would be great to sail to the title with a full squad, but just think how satisfying it would be  to do it bringing in fringe and development players.... Mario free kick anyone?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Us and Watford..absolutely the two best teams in this division and as ever the table does not lie, both on great runs to. Another strange fact...we know our last 5 games or so are a pretty hard ending, but so are Watford's fixtures, they play us, Reading, Brentford and Swansea, with Millwall and Luton thrown in to for their last 6 games.

Goes without saying it would be great  to finish as Champions, but looking at the bigger picture, in last decade or so weve managed to get promoted in every way, 1st, 2nd and play offs, so only thing to matter is to make sure we get there again, then ponder how the heck we can enjoy more than one straight season up there. Good luck to Watford, hope we stay above them, but theyve proven that hornets are bigger than bees i guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

True, it would be great to sail to the title with a full squad, but just think how satisfying it would be  to do it bringing in fringe and development players.... Mario free kick anyone?

That is the flip side of it, Corkio, and if that were to happen I’d be bloody delighted! - I’m here in Bournemouth territory so that’d be quite fun, mind you they were all back to supporting Liverpool this season, so I guess it’ll be Man City next 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Move Klose said:

Watford are on a very good winning run..... you know what happens to those winning runs, they come to an end.

Not Watford though. They're better than us in every aspect remember 🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

We already have enough points to not finish third.

Well not mathematically but I get your point, maybe 2/3 more points and I think your right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warnock loves our club, I see them getting something today. You’d think Watford will have too much, but its a Warnock side - we’ve been there ourselves. The only downside of that is Brentford fans will start pulling themselves off over the race for second place, or indeed first place if you believe some of their overly inflated deluded fans.

I feel a 1-1 coming on, and a massive 3 points for us tomorrow night. In fact I think I’m right in saying that if we win our next two and Swansea lose their next two then that’s promotion confirmed and then we can get stuck in to the main prize 🏆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look after ourselves and its irrelevant what others do.

That said I see Middlesbrough getting something  today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m hoping Colin can change his surname to Win-Ker tonight, although I’ll be happy with a draw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not holding my breath for anything from Boro here...hardly a battle cry from Warnock pre game.

...still , we've only ourselves to blame that we're not out of reach ...so many spurned chances vs Blackburn and Preston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not so sure about 1-1 now. Warnock sounds like he’s given up, Boro fans not happy with their line up, Watford saying this is the best line up they could put out. 4-1 Boro then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Not holding my breath for anything from Boro here...hardly a battle cry from Warnock pre game.

...still , we've only ourselves to blame that we're not out of reach ...so many spurned chances vs Blackburn and Preston

You must be a barrel of laughs to be around.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

You must be a barrel of laughs to live with.

His general negativity is a bit depressing, but I have to say I agree that Middlesbrough look very unlikely to get anything out of the game. Was happy to take Watford at 11/10, very appealing odds given form and personnel.

Hopefully I'll be back on this thread in an hour and a half with a big spoon for my slice of humble pie... 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Which was incorrect?

Neither was incorrect but if there is the slightest glimmer of negativity there you are always waiting to pounce.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...