Mullet

Middlesbrough (must win ) V Watford

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Hopefully I'll be back on this thread in an hour and a half with a big spoon for my slice of humble pie... 🙂

He will be too busy looking for a snippet of impending doom in the game v Huddersfield.

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...ok...so neither was incorrect

We dropped points in 2 games on a 11 game unbeaten run or in other words 29 points from the last 33 but of course trust you to look on the negative side of it.. Is that not promotion form or am i missing something ?

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

We dropped points in 2 games on a 11 game unbeaten run or in other words 29 points from the last 33 but of course trust you to look on the negative side of it.. Is that not promotion form or am i missing something ?

Yes Tilly, but 2 points from the last 2 games is relegation form. 😉

9 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I'm not the one that needs to be upbeat about Middlesbrough....but I was hoping that their own manager might be

...just to re-iterate....neither of those points were incorrect?

The thread is about Boro v Watford

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

23 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Watford are 7th in the form table for away games and only 8 teams have scored less than them, away from home. 

For every away point Watford have achieved, we have got 1.5 points from our home games. They still have to play away to the teams currently in 2nd, 5th and 8th, in the 'home' form table

Hope that helps ease the worries

It won't, we have some incredibly fragile fans on here, god knows how they've coped in previous seasons when promotion or relegation issues have gone to the wire. 

I'm not even bothering to watch the Watford v Boro game, holds absolutely no interest for me. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ricardo said:

On the evidence of the first 15 mins I can't  see Boro getting anything.

No, so far it almost looks like 10v11, but v early doors.

With Morsey crocked its just a matter of how long Boro can hold out.

1-0 watford

Now Watford are leading, I think it’s time for a butchers on the Brentford forum for some daily entertainment 

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Chalobah off his feet in tackling Morsi. Only booked and Morsi goes off injured.

One of the only reasons VAR can be of use. That is where it is needed most.

Before this game I wondered how Watford could be up there - on the evidence of this game I an still wondering - very poor game, no advert for the championship

Just now, Steve White said:

Before this game I wondered how Watford could be up there - on the evidence of this game I an still wondering - very poor game, no advert for the championship

Agreed, their forward play and movement is absolutely second class compared to Cantwell, Buendia and Pukki. On what I’ve seen so far they won’t be getting anything at Carrow Rd.

23 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

The thread is about Boro v Watford

.still , we've only ourselves to blame that we're not out of reach ...so many spurned chances vs Blackburn and Preston

You posted this less than an hour ago on this thread about Boro v Watford. That is what made me post my observations on your efforts on this thread.

When you see teams like Middlesbrough playing other teams it’s amazing how poor they look. Football is a funny old game but they don’t look like they’ll score if they play til next week.

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

.still , we've only ourselves to blame that we're not out of reach ...so many spurned chances vs Blackburn and Preston

You posted this less than an hour ago on this thread about Boro v Watford. That is what made me post my observations on your efforts on this thread.

Assuming we believe that we are too far away points wise to be threatened by Swansea or Brentford ...the purpose of this thread , I assume , was to keep an eye on Watford's pursuit on catching us for the championship trophy.

...so yes , if we're looking at the gap we had over them diminishing , they are some reasons why, so relevant to this thread??

Keep up.

...and if your obvious fragile mind needs some kind of positivity and is affected so much by anything I write, an upside to Watford winning this is that it will just about crush any hopes and fight Brentford and Swansea may have mentally had about automatic promotion.

There...do you feel better now

10 minutes ago, Steve White said:

It’s their physicality that is their “strong” point. Ours is our technicality. Brains v braun 

Boro look completely toothless, not a single shot of any note all half.. Watford not a whole lot better but when you're flying, things just always break your way.. as we know ourselves.

Watford are relentless, but every team at the top has had a lull at point- Brentford had theirs, Swansea are having theirs, and we had ours a while back. 

You simply don't keep winning forever in the Championship.

9 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Assuming we believe that we are too far away points wise to be threatened by Swansea or Brentford ...the purpose of this thread , I assume , was to keep an eye on Watford's pursuit on catching us for the championship trophy.

...so yes , if we're looking at the gap we had over them diminishing , they are some reasons why, so relevant to this thread??

Keep up.

...and if your obvious fragile mind needs some kind of positivity and is affected so much by anything I write, an upside to Watford winning this is that it will just about crush any hopes and fight Brentford and Swansea may have mentally had about automatic promotion.

There...do you feel better now

Reading that patronising twaddle no not really especially as you were the one who brought Blackburn and Preston into the equation and then had the cheek to bluntly state this thread is about Boro v Watford.

Your posting history of negativity as we fly high at the top of The Championship in recent weeks and months has been a source of bemusement to numerous posters not just me so carry on if that is your mindset.

There i do feel better now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Reading that patronising twaddle no not really especially as you were the one who brought Blackburn and Preston into the equation and then had the cheek to bluntly state this thread is about Boro v Watford.

Your posting history of negativity as we fly high at the top of The Championship in recent weeks and months has been a source of bemusement to numerous posters not just me so carry on if that is your mindset.

There i do feel better now.

I'll carry on writing as I see fit thankyou

...you've clearly got the issue with it....not me

Watford have hit form at the right time, fully expect them to go up in 2nd if we can hold on to first