Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Wycombe*****

Just now, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Bit harsh! 

Should've done better but don't think he tried the wrong thing necessarily. 

His decision making has always been what let's him down imo- it's the reason he's an impact sub here generally. 

The Wycombe fan still here? Add some unnecessary, disgraceful fouls to the non existent football being played. Very admirable

1 minute ago, Fiery Zac said:

The Wycombe fan still here? Add some unnecessary, disgraceful fouls to the non existent football being played. Very admirable

They should save that kinda stuff for the binners next season 

Hope fans are now realising that this is the point of keeping the ball. If we have the ball, we control the pace of the game. Much easier to play that way rather than having to constantly react to what is going on. What you're seeing here is the side-effect of the pressure this exerts on defences.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

I can see a red coming if they carry on like this.

Plan A was sit on the penalty box and play for a draw wasting as much time as possible when winning a stoppage of any sort. Plan b seems to injure as many players as possible and try and provoke Norwich into a mistake. Class

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

His decision making has always been what let's him down imo- it's the reason he's an impact sub here generally. 

Classic trait of an out-and-out winger though, and he's simply not got the composure of a Cantwell playing in the same spot. He is very dangerous in 1v1s though and I do think he uses the ball much better than when he first joined. 

He could've had two today and played Buendia in perfectly a moment a go - so think he's had a good game to be honest. Especially considering its his first start since October!

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 2

Just now, Crabbycanary3 said:

No harm in putting Placheta on for Onel at this stage

I'd personally be more tempted to give Idah a go.

Wycombe really are a talentless bunch of tw*ts. They're not even able to sh*thouse well.

Edited by kirku

Just now, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Classic trait of an out-and-out winger though, and he's simply not got the composure of a Cantwell playing in the same spot. He is very dangerous in 1v1s though and I do think he uses the ball much better than when he first joined. 

He could've had two today and played Buendia in perfectly a moment a go - so think he's had a good game to be honest.

No doubt he's been decent but his final ball/finishing leaves a lot to be desired. I like him, I just think he's a good squad player with some clear limitations that likely prevent him from being much more than that, especially in a Farke team.

• Like 1

Get the second in the next few minutes and we could get three or four. Wycombe certainly putting up a fight to their credit.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

No doubt he's been decent but his final ball/finishing leaves a lot to be desired. I like him, I just think he's a good squad player with some clear limitations that likely prevent him from being much more than that, especially in a Farke team.

Sums it up for me as well

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Get the second in the next few minutes and we could get three or four. Wycombe certainly putting up a fight to their credit.

They are clearly a level below the other ****house teams we've played recently- they don't have the little bit of quality that Birmingham or Middlesbrough possess. Playing them does feel a bit like a cup game.

Just now, king canary said:

I think we'd have seen much more of him had he not been injured. Worth noting he was one of our best players post lockdown admittedly whilst everyone else was rubbish last season. He doesn't displace Cantwell on the left but Cantwell as the 10 with Onel left and Buendia right could've been our first choice attacking 3 this season IMO.