Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Wycombe*****

Controlling the game ok. Mehmetti is going to be a right pain looking for the penalty all game and think he may just find one. Other than that we need much, much more from Vrancic or he has to come off. Isn’t he the one people cry out for to unlock defences when they’re compact and we have the ball? Not seeing it at all. 

Our playing it around at the back isn't really drawing them out. 

Has the feeling of an end of season game with nothing at stake. More urgency and tempo please! 

There's really absolutely nothing to like about Wycombe, from their awful style of play, time-wasting at 0-0 from the 1st minute, to their massively unlikeable manager who clearly has no idea how to use a shower. I can't wait until they plummet back down the leagues until their rightful place in non league football. 

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

There's really absolutely nothing to like about Wycombe, from their awful style of play, time-wasting at 0-0 from the 1st minute, to their massively unlikeable manager who clearly has no idea how to use a shower. I can't wait until they plummet back down the leagues until their rightful place in non league football. 

Bit harsh

3 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Yep we definitely miss him, Hernandez has done quite well but he doesn't dictate our play any way as much as Cantwell does. We miss Todd drifting infield / deeper and linking up with Buendia / Aarons and the midfielders. 

Yean Todd would drop deeper to influence play

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Should be 4 nill up..

Which game are you watching? Based upon league positions, maybe, but on the actual game, no chance.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Bit harsh

Not really, I underplayed my dislike for them if anything 😉

• Haha 1

Definitely missing Cantwell, but even so we showed in the last 5 minutes of the half that if we do step up the tempo it causes Wycombe real problems. Going into the 2nd half as Wycombe begin to tire I’m hopeful we’ll see more of that.

Done a decent job so far, controlling the game comfortably and on another day we might be a goal up. We’re probably a bit flatter than I’d like but we’ve just got to be patient, keep wearing them down and we should get our reward. Got good options to come off the bench too.

5 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Which game are you watching? Based upon league positions, maybe, but on the actual game, no chance.

Vrancic free kick. Mclean somehow missing on his prefered foot. Emi softly tapping it straight to the keeper rather than blasting it into the corner. Pukki heading it into the crossbar.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Fair play to Wycombe, we are in a different league to them in terms of resources, they don't have the quality that we do so they are paying the way they have to. Frustrating us so far, hopefully they will start to tire and we can push on. OTBC

I really don't think we need five in midfield against them. Its bern possession all the way but slowly because of their covering spaces.

Mario has done very little and I would swap him with Hugill. They are having three extra men defending in their box. Lets give them someone to mark.

Wycombe are playing their cup final and raising their game. But I expect them to tire and lose concentration as the game goes on. We need to be patient and just play our game.

7 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

And all Wycombe are doing is playing for stoppages and wasting time with throw ins and goal kicks. Not sure what’s to admire about them at the moment

Our yearly wage budget is less than you pay Pukki and Gibson in a year. Around £3.25 million this season. Your wage budget last season was £89 million and this season will be around £65-70 million.

I’m admiring the fact our game plan is clearly working. 

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Vrancic free kick. Mclean somehow missing on his prefered foot. Emi softly tapping it straight to the keeper rather than blasting it into the corner.

That's 3.

I'd be surprised if our xG was above 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Vrancic free kick. Mclean somehow missing on his prefered foot. Emi softly tapping it straight to the keeper rather than blasting it into the corner.

That's 3.

I don't think he can state any of them should be goals, just could. Plus, you are ignoring at least one chance they had which was the equal to what you have stated.

Even if we were generous and let you have the assumption that they should have been goals, it still isn't 4.

If we had walked in 4, 3 or even 2 up after that, we'd be wondering how.

8 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Agree with all that... but there is one likeable thing about them...

3267.jpg

2 minutes ago, wwfcblue said:

Our yearly wage budget is less than you pay Pukki and Gibson in a year. Around £3.25 million this season. Your wage budget last season was £89 million and this season will be around £65-70 million.

You are overestimating how much Pukki get's paid

We have one of the lowest wage budgets in this divison, although you are probably bottom.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Vrancic free kick. Mclean somehow missing on his prefered foot. Emi softly tapping it straight to the keeper rather than blasting it into the corner. Pukki heading it into the crossbar.

Emi surely?

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

Agree with all that... but there is one likeable thing about them...

3267.jpg

OK, I'll agree with that, do like the Beast if I'm honest  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wwfcblue said:

*Us last season, every week

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You are overestimating how much Pukki get's paid

We have one of the lowest wage budgets in this divison, although you are probably bottom.

This is categorically incorrect

Should not be waiting for a team to tire out. 
more needed from Buendia, Hernandez and Vrancic. 
At 60 if 0-0 One of the above off Hugil on Kenny to push up