Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Wycombe*****

We must just be trying toĀ wear them down physically and mentally. Particularly with the fact we are letting them pass the ball about in our final third without a challenge...

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

All too slow.

Nothing inherently wrong with slow. Changes of pace are what unhinge defences. If they play slow for ten minutes then pull out a fast spell that catches Wycombe out, the slow stuff has served its purpose. The problem is if it stays that pace all the time.

That wasn't close to a penalty. I know people love Ainsworth due to what he's done with Wycombe but he comes across as a bit of a ****.

Just now, king canary said:

That wasn't close to a penalty. I know people love Ainsworth due to what he's done with Wycombe but he comes across as a bit of a ****.

And he looks as though an 80s prog rock band is missing a bassist

1 minute ago, king canary said:

And all Wycombe are doing is playing for stoppages and wasting time with throw ins and goal kicks. Not sure whatā€™s to admire about them at the moment

1 minute ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Are goals made from wood any more? Asking for Emi

Thatā€™s the second headed attempt from almost outside the box from Emi in two games. That one deserved to go in.Ā Is he on some sort of bonus scheme?

Hanley's winning a lot of long throw-related headers. Maybe we should get Rory Delap next season? Or someone who can mortar-bomb the **** out of a throw-in?

1 minute ago, Making Plans said:

We're playing like it's a Sunday morning stroll in the park

At least weā€™re Ā playing like itā€™s an actual football match

Edited by Fiery Zac

Few lovely moments from Norwich, but all a bit flat in general. Going to be a game of few chances I feel, given Wycombe's approach to the game, hoping Pukki puts on his shooting boots at half time.

1 minute ago, Downloads said:

No Todd no party!

Yep we definitely miss him, Hernandez has done quite well but he doesn't dictate our play any way as much as Cantwell does. We miss Todd drifting infield / deeper and linking up with Buendia / Aarons and the midfielders.Ā