CANARYKING

Meanwhile at Poooman Rd

24 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/499819/growing-up-supporting-town-since-the-mid-90s/#13

tragic, the first reply to that post sums up why they will struggle to progress in the the modern era. Nottingham Forest suffer from the same egotistical problems 

Yes, this is exactly what I alluded to in my post earlier. Like a section of their reasoning is missing. Whilst they were having their glory years, we weren’t that far behind. They are miles from us now. It’s going to take them a considerable number years, and that’s if they are lucky. 

It’s not the nicest aspect of humanity, but isn’t it just so bloody satisfying to see your ex doing much worse than you post break up. And to have them tear apart another you despise is icing on the cake. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coneys Knee said:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/499819/growing-up-supporting-town-since-the-mid-90s/#13

tragic, the first reply to that post sums up why they will struggle to progress in the the modern era. Nottingham Forest suffer from the same egotistical problems 

They seem obsessed with us over there, its almost like the whole Suffolk are thinking....... Why can't we be Norwich 😂

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Oh dear. The consolation is that it deflects from Lambert and his current situation, so we can be grateful for that. I do wonder what excuse/diversion Lambert has up his sleeve for Saturday,  when they will be 3 goals down to Oxford, with 5 minutes to go? Collapsing goalposts? Meteors? Pulling the fuse out for the floodlights? Anything which was about to precede the 'greatest comeback since Lazarus' no doubt.

9 minutes ago, Wilson said:

AABD36BD-3971-4D64-9ED0-6475BBA88DF6.thumb.jpeg.5d60423f0c273803caa2ab83af5ca38b.jpeg

😂 Bergkamp or Klinsman

Multimillionaire, Multilingual, World Cup winner , Jurgen Klinsman living a very comfortable life as a US National in California, decides to come and manage a mid table third division English club , in darkest Suffolk. 
😂🤣😂🤣

• Haha 2

It all amounts to the long-standing fantasy that they are some sort of sleeping giant. Even if this were to be the case then surely only Rip Van Winkle slept longer.

It won't be long now before they start preparing the flags, bunting, banners and light aircraft in order to celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of that F.A. Cup win or of them becoming 'Champions of Europe' (UEFA Cup note!) Achievements that made them a world famous household name and everybody's favourite second club.

Street parties, an open top bus parade, brass bands and Cardinal Park themed to all things ITFC might well be on the cards. Perhaps the Red Arrows could fly over the town.   

Perhaps they may even consider commissioning yet another statue, but with so may worthies they'd need a poll to decide upon the subject. I'd vote for Paul Lambert; or perhaps a replica of Alan Brazil blocking the entrance to he car park may be appropriate.  

Of course, they could be League 2 by then, or even worse, so should well instead dwell upon the words of Bruce Springsteen and get real for once:

“Now I think I’m going down to the well tonight
and I’m going to drink till I get my fill.
And I hope when I get old I don’t sit
around thinking about it, but I probably will.
Yeah, just sitting back trying to recapture
a little of the glory of, well time slips away
and leaves you with nothing, mister but
boring stories of … glory days."

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Haha 3

There's a post on there dedicated to getting in Nigel Pearson too, they really are deluded to the level they're at. The best thing about when Lambert finally goes, is the best I can see them getting is someone like Steve Evans, which would be pure comedy. 

• Like 1

I'm thinking that Evans might well go for some of the old brigade. Dwyer or even Butcher or whoever is up for it, purely just to get the fans back onside.

The antagonism toward him, and the club in general, that has built up amongst the town faithful over the last few years has reached mammoth proportions. It will be reflected in season ticket sales which could be an embarrassment should Lambert be retained and another season of League One misery is on offer.

That is now his biggest problem as far as ITFC goes. I should imagine that the manner in which pandemic restrictions have inhibited the hospitality arm oif his 'empire' is foremost in his mind though.

He certainly seems to devote little time, thought or even concern for that "little club down the road" these days. He's probably even forgotten exactly where Portman Road is as he manupulates his pennies whilst relaxing in his chosen tax haven .

Edited by BroadstairsR

10 hours ago, Wilson said:

AABD36BD-3971-4D64-9ED0-6475BBA88DF6.thumb.jpeg.5d60423f0c273803caa2ab83af5ca38b.jpeg

😂 Bergkamp or Klinsman

I'm not sure Bergkamp is right for them. What happens when they get back into Europe and they have to fly to the away games? These are the sort of details that they need to consider when making an appointment.

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Yes - there was an assessor on the game last night . I’d be amazed if the ref gets another League game for some time . He will be banished to the backwaters . 

I assumed that this was the backwaters.😂

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

I'm thinking that Evans might well go for some of the old brigade. Dwyer or even Butcher or whoever is up for it, purely just to get the fans back onside.

I think Keiron Dyer is the U23s coach and Terry Butcher is working for the club in some capacity, so I could certainly see them going for a Dyer+Butcher combination to appease the fans. Can't see them doing any better though.

I can see Evans sticking with Lambert - you don't make a Robin Reliant go faster by changing the driver

This made me feel warm inside 

I’m 24 and have no memories of us being anything other than championship team. And now we’re even worse...
0.gif
top.png replyto.png
rate-up.gif 1 rate-down.gif

10 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Do you know there are grandparents who have no real recollection of this glorious history...

Those grandparents are probably brother and sister.

• Haha 1

They really are unbelievable over there aren't they. The other day I saw posts saying how they all want a Kieron Dyer-Terry Butcher "dream team" like scenario, in another they were discussing getting George Burley back to replace Lambert and now they are talking about getting Sheepshanks back in as chairman 😂 you couldn't make it up, if you ever needed any further clarification that they are completely stuck in the past then TWTD is the place to be.

It appears Evans is going to put the club up for sale in the very near future......

........just as soon as Ebay offers another free listings weekend 😉

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

It appears Evans is going to put the club up for sale in the very near future......

........just as soon as Ebay offers another free listings weekend 😉

Good. My toilet is broken, can I use PayPal?🤔

1 hour ago, alex_ncfc said:

They really are unbelievable over there aren't they. The other day I saw posts saying how they all want a Kieron Dyer-Terry Butcher "dream team" like scenario, in another they were discussing getting George Burley back to replace Lambert and now they are talking about getting Sheepshanks back in as chairman 😂 you couldn't make it up, if you ever needed any further clarification that they are completely stuck in the past then TWTD is the place to be.

They’ve talked about Eddie Howe and Frank Lampard as possible replacements in the past. The delusion is strong. 

It just gets worse: 

He’s been found out, is desperately flailing around for someone else to blame and then threatens to walk out when asked to explain what he’s talking about. Shambles.