How I Wrote Elastic Man

Racist abuse of Osayi-Samuel

Wherever it comes from it's a total disgrace. Unfortunately, as long as people can hide behind the cloak of anonymity on social media it will carry on happening. 

"Chief executive Lee Hoos said he was "astounded" that people could feel able to post such comments "without fear of reprisal"."

Though I am sure if this was someone deemed 'more important' the offender would be traced

If you watched the game last night you would have seen his shot that should have been the match winner, where the ball is passed to him across the face of goal and he hoofs it over the bar from about 2 yards out. As any player really should have scored that, I think it was just QPR fans showing their frustration

Is it racist abuse? The sender claims to be black himself and the theme of the abuse doesn't seem to be based on the player's colour of skin, just his inability to score and the resulting loss of money?

*edit*

Of course that's what I get for reading the text and not scrolling down to the emoji's of monkeys and bananas. Does put a different spin on it. Utterly disgusting from beginning to end.

Edited by Canary Wundaboy

Social media site should be fined for this so they improve their security and make it harder for idiots to post abuse such as this. You should only be allowed to post when your account is verified and you as the owner of that account are known. 

• Like 3

I can believe (sadly) that people think like this, but I can't believe how stupid you have to be to post this on social media.

Like the time it takes to write it out and post it, have you not calmed down.

Just wtf.

Racism is awful, everyone should be vocally supportive of Osayi-Samuel, he is a talented player, and I hope he has a great career.

Surely they can track the account? Name shame and prosecution.

An example of either a fine or a sentence must be brought in for instances like this, and imo not just racist ones. It's still as awful to send this to bright osayi samuel even without the monkey and banana emoji. 

Why should footballers or anyone have to stand for this with no come back?

1 hour ago, HazzaJet said:

As any player really should have scored that, I think it was just QPR fans showing their frustration

So that's  ok then  is it? Call him a useless footy player by all means but why is ok to bring his family into it in such a vile way.  

• Like 1

If you watched the game last night you would have seen his shot that should have been the match winner, where the ball is passed to him across the face of goal and he hoofs it over the bar from about 2 yards out. As any player really should have scored that, I think it was just QPR fans showing their frustration

Yeah I agree with @wcorkcanary here. 

what the hell does your post even mean @HazzaJet ?

The d***head had , apparently  bet on Norwich to win

Perhaps he ought to have understood the first rule of gambling, about not gambling if you can't afford to lose your stake.

First and foremost, social media needs to change to not give these sort of neanderthals a platform.

17 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

I have no actual idea what I am reading here, but it almost sounds like you're condoning racist abuse because he missed a very easy chance?

You might want to have a rethink and an edit.

Edited by CDMullins

18 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Is it racist abuse? The sender claims to be black himself and the theme of the abuse doesn't seem to be based on the player's colour of skin, just his inability to score and the resulting loss of money?

*edit*

Of course that's what I get for reading the text and not scrolling down to the emoji's of monkeys and bananas. Does put a different spin on it. Utterly disgusting from beginning to end.

No, it is not racist abuse as far as the wording is concerned.  

Edited by paul moy

I just wish Zimbo would take the knee, the willingness to stand out has no real benefits, and as a team with few black players it matters.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

So presumably you would lap up the death threats and vile abuse about your family members, sent personally to you from random strangers, if you were to mess up at work then would you? Just people showing their frustration right!

Very evidently not a City fan, which is an important distinction to make (at least on a norwich city forum, as it appears the article doesn't).   I doubt he's even a UK citizen.

Just some bell#nd gambler with the emotional maturity and IQ of an ameoba.  

2 hours ago, Newtopia said:

I just wish Zimbo would take the knee, the willingness to stand out has no real benefits, and as a team with few black players it matters.

No it doesnt and Zimbo is free to make his own choices

23 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

Amy normal person doesnt show frustration by advocating, death, cancer etc, are you saying thats ok?

3 hours ago, Newtopia said:

Go and ask him to take the knee

20 minutes ago, city4eva said:

No it doesnt and Zimbo is free to make his own choices

He is free to do as he pleases, and generally manages his public reputation brilliantly, I think it does matter, and it matters for a lot of black people.  You have a different opinion - that is life.

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Go and ask him to take the knee

If I knew him I would.  Perhaps there is a good explanation, I hope so.

Just now, Newtopia said:

If I knew him I would.  Perhaps there is a good explanation, I hope so.

But until he supplies one he’s under suspicion, yeah?