lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Cardiff*****

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Not really. Said for ages he's better served in a deeper position with a deep midfield three as opposed to a two. Only works in a two if the opposition are sitting deep.

Would be very surprised to see him start Boxing Day

1 hour ago, CirclePoint said:

Agreed. But his on field attitude is concerning.

Emi's attitude may concern you but not me. A bit like buying a Ford Focus because it's more reliable than a Ferrari 

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Emi's attitude may concern you but not me. A bit like buying a Ford Focus because it's more reliable than a Ferrari 

His weaknesses keep him at the club, his strengths are pushing us to promotion.

• Like 1

Only caught about 20 minutes as I had an exam booked and didn’t realise today was a lunchtime kickoff. Great to get 3 points and a clean sheet but crikey if we actually start putting as many of these chances away as we should be we’re going to start annihilating teams by 5 or 6 every week.

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Ya....but no. Emi needs to mature and learn to focus his fire. Once he does that, he'll begin growing into a different class of player. At the moment he seems to be an easy target for opposing players. He can be gotten to, too easily and is always a risk of losing the plot and being sent off.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Yep a really assured performance.

also Cardiff are best team in the division at scoring from corners and we kept a clean sheet!!

That's one thing that's really impressed me- Given how much slack we get for our marking, defending and such coming up against a team that's 1st in the table for chances scored from setpiaces was a big worry

Yet we kept a clean sheet!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

The fact that Farke rates him should be all you need.

It's like papal infallibility has manifested itself in football fans. 

2 hours ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Its the latino in him. Take that away and you'll have half the player he is. Enjoy him while we can.

Ya ...... but no.... I hear what you're trying to say. But his issues are not just down to him being Latino.

25 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

Ya....but no. Emi needs to mature and learn to focus his fire. Once he does that, he'll begin growing into a different class of player. At the moment he seems to be an easy target for opposing players. He can be gotten to, too easily and is always a risk of losing the plot and being sent off.

Exactly this. Focus sets the great apart from the good.

28 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

Ya ...... but no.... I hear what you're trying to say. But his issues are not just down to him being Latino.

He is targeted by the opposition all the time, so it's no surprise he gets fed up with it. even for Todd's goal Emi plays a great pass and Ralls tries to smash him into a equally aggressive Wilson after the ball has gone. It's those type of fouls VAR was designed to pick up on ( I know we don't have VAR at our level, but you know what I'm saying.) 

You would think if (when) he plays in the Prem, he won't be cynically targeted, and any bad fouls will draw greater scrutiny and punishment from VAR etc, so that may be a positive. Not that I am saying he won't be targeted, but the more industrial challenges do not happen as much in the Prem. He's 24 next week (Xmas day) so he should be maturing to be the best he can be anytime soon, I would feel.

Cantona, Di Canio and Ibrahimovic never managed to curb their temperament during their careers and they were/are all fantastic players-taking away Emi’s intensity would perhaps make him a worse player.

1 minute ago, Mr Angry said:

Cantona, Di Canio and Ibrahimovic never managed to curb their temperament during their careers and they were/are all fantastic players-taking away Emi’s intensity would perhaps make him a worse player.

They channelled it into constructive play a bit more often though. I agree with the basic tenet of what you've said, but we're talking about a matter of extent. Emi does have petulant moments more often than the above three - although Cantona and Di Canio had moments which were nuclear explosions in comparison with kicking the fan and pushing the referee!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

They channelled it into constructive play a bit more often though. I agree with the basic tenet of what you've said, but we're talking about a matter of extent. Emi does have petulant moments more often than the above three - although Cantona and Di Canio had moments which were nuclear explosions in comparison with kicking the fan and pushing the referee!

All great to watch though!! But EMI plays for us , so must learn.

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Yep, class act and being well managed. 

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

It's like papal infallibility has manifested itself in football fans. 

Its like Farke consistently proves every decision he makes to pretty much be spot on and has us top yet again, but some fans ego still means they think they know better. 🙂

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Its like Farke consistently proves every decision he makes to pretty much be spot on and has us top yet again, but some fans ego still means they think they know better. 🙂

I mean sure, every decision he makes is spot on. It's a wonder why he ever drops anyone. 

For sure, he makes fewer wrong decisions than every other manager we've had, and for sure the vast majority of his errors are called out by fans with the benefit of hindsight, but their have undoubtedly been errors. Even Farke would acknowledge that. 

Just don't tell Camerlengo Hogesar. 

I have need to mention the build-up to Cantwell's goal. I've watched it around 20 times - I've even started to count our players that DON'T touch the ball in the build up. I said on here last week I'm watching some of the best football I've ever seen at CR . We must never ever take it for granted. 

If Spain (2010 version)/ Barca/ Brazil/ Man City score this goal it would be on the 10 o'clock news.