TeemuVanBasten

Should we sign a free agent?

To give us a striking option now Idah is injured?

My pick of the free agent list would be Yaya Sanogo who came through at Arsenal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaya_Sanogo

We've succeeded in bringing in emergency cover in the past, Joseph Yobo was a great success. 

List here:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=14&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

Rudy Gestede may be an interesting one on a short term deal, released by Middlesbrough in the summer.

Despite the Barnsley links I'll consider Mario Balotelli to be unrealistic.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Sanogo.. I remember when he was promising. 

20201123-132326.jpg

Seriously though the fact he's 27 and a striker with his record does seem to hint that hes a free agent for a reason. Do remember seeing him play at both Arsenal and Palace and both times he was Bambi on ice

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

I remember seeing him put 4 goals past Benfica! 

Yes, most of these players are going to be free agents for a reason... asking too much money, checkered injury history, not very good, bad attitude, etc. 

But I mean, haven't I just descried Josip Drmic? If Hugill or Pukki get injured then that's the alternative.

Wilfried Bony on a 3 month deal anybody? 

Sanogo been linked with Sheffield Wednesday since Pulis took over.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Rewind a few years and get Sturridge, Pato, and Balotelli in..

Surprised Mandzukic hasn't got a club

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Need to bring Drmic back into the mix, he'll do until Jan

Agree, give him some minutes, if he can bang 1 or 2 in it may help us shift him in January! 

• Like 2

Why not indeed

Seems Lietner is too far gone in the cold

Farke did give drmic a run at end of season, he must see something in him.

Can they be registered to play?

Would we prefer drmic reprise or a omotyoro surprise

6 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Might need to with Kenny out for 6 weeks to 3-4 months and Cantwell now out for 3 weeks

Bloody hell

Not a lot of great choices on that list tbh, but one that would intruige me would be Sam Johnson. Never played at this level having mainly been in Scandinavia and the US but isn't slow, has a fairly decent shot on him, and would probably be on very sensible wages for a short term deal.

Would be a total gamble and I have no idea if there would be work permit issues, but probably the best of a bad bunch (I can't see Balotelli here, even if he hadn't struggled for consistency and having THAT attitude, never mind his wages).

I had a soft spot for Mbokani. He would be a beast at this level.

Unfortunately, and even at 35, he is tied up to a year's contract in Holland.

• Like 1

I told Webber in the summer we should have gone for Ibrahimovic but he scoffed at the idea he still might be able to cut the mustard at the Championship level...🤓

Edited by PurpleCanary

4 hours ago, kirku said:

Rewind a few years and get Sturridge, Pato, and Balotelli in..

Surprised Mandzukic hasn't got a club

Wasn't Mandzukic linked with Man Utd last season? How on earth is he floating around on a free? Only thing I can think of is his wages and perhaps a bit his age? Never stopped Italian sides though...

11 minutes ago, chicken said:

Wasn't Mandzukic linked with Man Utd last season? How on earth is he floating around on a free? Only thing I can think of is his wages and perhaps a bit his age? Never stopped Italian sides though...

Lots of big clubs have been linked with him. I think it's just a case of him waiting for the right opportunity and/or ridiculous wage offer.

8 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Lots of big clubs have been linked with him. I think it's just a case of him waiting for the right opportunity and/or ridiculous wage offer.

Presumably if we offered him £2.50 a week that would qualify as a ridiculous wage offer and he would therefore have to sign?

• Haha 2

Don't see the point in bringing in any of those free transfers - if we needed another we are already paying Drmics wages and has a rough idea how we play.

Given that we don’t even appear to be looking at bringing Leitner or Drmic back into the reckoning - players that we are presumably still paying a pretty decent amount for - it seems rather unlikely that we will be getting anyone else to fill-in.

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sanogo.. I remember when he was promising. 

20201123-132326.jpg

Seriously though the fact he's 27 and a striker with his record does seem to hint that hes a free agent for a reason. Do remember seeing him play at both Arsenal and Palace and both times he was Bambi on ice

He failed a medical at Boro in September too

We have plenty of talent waiting to break through, and they will have been playing in the same style as the first team, so they will not need to be brought up to speed, so to speak

2 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Why is Farke alienating players again? I don’t like this method he uses. 

Maybe they alienated themselves by word or deed. Doesnt have to be DFs fault you know. 

3 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Why is Farke alienating players again? I don’t like this method he uses. 

I remember fans criticising it in his first season. Worked out terribly..