ron obvious

today's team now up

Shows to me that Farke is a stronger leader Todd has been poor last two games and deserves to be dropped, think his head is not in the right place!

Looks good to me. I might have put Kenny in for Skipp though.

Hopefully Marco's done something in training to impress. He's only shown glimpses of his ability so far, but I still think there's an influential player in there.

Hmm 🤔 . Is that based on performances or is there an element of squad rotation in there? 

I’ve not seen an update on Xavi’s injury but obviously worse than the slight strain they said at the time.

1 minute ago, Rhino1 said:

Shows to me that Farke is a stronger leader Todd has been poor last two games and deserves to be dropped, think his head is not in the right place!

Or he might be carrying a knock? Thought he was a doubt for the last game.

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Hmm 🤔 . Is that based on performances or is there an element of squad rotation in there? 

I’ve not seen an update on Xavi’s injury but obviously worse than the slight strain they said at the time.

Daniel said he should be back for Tue (but he also said he's not counting chickens after Zimbo's problems).

I’m hoping for a Placheta to use his pace to get to far post crosses from Aaron’s and Pukki. We should be making best use of the physical attributes of the players. Other teams seem to be able to score these types of goals. Why not us?

Pleased to see Sorensen and Placheta starting. Cantwell to score the winner, subs always score!

That could be 3 at the back and Placheta as a LWB. Sometimes these formations the clubs puts out are wrong. 

8 minutes ago, Block Y Seat 176 said:

I’m hoping for a Placheta to use his pace to get to far post crosses from Aaron’s and Pukki. We should be making best use of the physical attributes of the players. Other teams seem to be able to score these types of goals. Why not us?

Aaron's and Pukki going to be crossing into the box you say? 

I think you'll find they'll be coming inside and running into ten Bristol players as they normally do. 

Would have liked to see Mumba get his competitive debut at left back for us but its not like Sorenson did all too much wrong.. Will probably get subbed off for him at some point though.

Hopefuly the classic Stepi too Pukki works wonders as it often has, and Vrancic off the bench to score a beckham like free kick, mark my words 😉

7 minutes ago, WD40 said:

That could be 3 at the back and Placheta as a LWB. Sometimes these formations the clubs puts out are wrong. 

I kinda hope it is. I'm not sure what Placheta is like defensively, but with Gibson on the left of the back three, he could provide the protection. Sorensen would probably feel more comfortable in a three-man defence than left back.

Long time Wells fan. Hope we keep him quiet. Chris Martin, another awkward customer, strong and good front man.

Just hope Placheta rips them open and Stiepermann reverts back to supplying Teemu.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Aaron's and Pukki going to be crossing into the box you say? 

I think you'll find they'll be coming inside and running into ten Bristol players as they normally do. 

Swift break from centre field, to Aarons.....goal🤪

• Like 1

My guess is that they think that Placheta's pace will be a useful on the break and that he will have more space than he would in  home game against a packed defence. 

Very disappointing ! Sorensen and Stiepermann are not what we need !

The team lacks balance. Attackwise we now do not have the players for a passing game or a "crossing into the box" game!

Stiepermann is just not the player he was 2 seasons ago. All his shots "go up" and he is lazy or out condition and slow - probably all three. No impact whatsoever !  With Sorenson - we need players who display a skill or an attribute - he hasn't one !

• Confused 1

Surprised Cantwell has been benched, perhaps not fully fit. If I remember rightly didn't Stiepy score a peach last time we played at Ashton Gate

4 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

The team lacks balance. Attackwise we now do not have the players for a passing game or a "crossing into the box" game!

Stiepermann is just not the player he was 2 seasons ago. All his shots "go up" and he is lazy or out condition and slow - probably all three. No impact whatsoever !  With Sorenson - we need players who display a skill or an attribute - he hasn't one !

Sorenson has played ONE game completely out of position and you're judging him on the basis of that??

2 minutes ago, crab man said:

Surprised Cantwell has been benched, perhaps not fully fit. If I remember rightly didn't Stiepy score a peach last time we played at Ashton Gate

Did play poorly last match, has looked distracted and off it and I think there were hints of an injury too- He was subbed off during half time remember

43 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I reckon I called it rightly in the 'Hanley/Captaincy' thread --- Farke will struggle to accommodate players from too large a squad.

It's not based on performances.

2 minutes ago, Spillay said:

Sorenson has played ONE game completely out of position and you're judging him on the basis of that??

90 minutes is actually long enough to gauge if someone's got something special

16 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

Lol

You put that at the wrong time

• Haha 1