ron obvious

today's team now up

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'Stiepermann and Pukki are linking up like Son and Kane'

Much as at the time that comment from the commenters did give me a laugh

They have a point

With hindsight, Pukki’s goals at club level did dry up at a similar time to Stiepermann being left out, but just as likely it was his injury.

Shows what happens in this league when you play Norwich and don't park 10 men in front of the box.

• Like 1

Same old story this season, we struggle against the physical sides who put 10 men behind the ball and hope to nick one on the break. Against the sides who try and play football, we’re able to exploit our strengths.

The difference this time is that we’re a little more physical and streetwise and we’re doing  enough - just - to get results against the likes of Wycombe and Birmingham. And that’s despite some injuries which looked to seriously compromise the team, plus Cantwell not at his best. Very promising so far.

9 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

......and there was me biting my nails and praying that we don''t give away a silly goal right on half-time 😁

Not alone there. I am enjoying HT for the 1st time this season really. 

Can someone explain why the goal was Hanley's error please. Because I see a runner carve through and being allowed to so easily, when Hanley was shepherding his guy🤔

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

what was the celebration?

That wasnt really one which it why it was odd, you score a fantastic goal like that right before half time all the other players are celebrating and you just slowly stroll away emotionless like it wasnt a goal

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Mad how keen people were to write Marco simply off the back of last season, he is in the same bracket of so many of our players who did not perform well in the prem - but he proved essential in our promotion campaign and there was no reason to believe he could not replicate that this time round. 

Although I missed the first 10 minutes I actually think Pukki has been a bit sloppy that first half - sure two goals is great but his link up play has not been quite as sharp as it can be. Several times he was played in with good passes and his first touch let him down - usually he can set himself much better IMO. Sure he will get plenty more chances if the second half is anything like the first!

Also great to see Buendia score, and what a goal too. Not many players in this league would've been able to control that, hold off the defender and then find the far post. Overrated? I don't think so

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Same old story this season, we struggle against the physical sides who put 10 men behind the ball and hope to nick one on the break. Against the sides who try and play football, we’re able to exploit our strengths.

The difference this time is that we’re a little more physical and streetwise and we’re doing  enough - just - to get results against the likes of Wycombe and Birmingham. And that’s despite some injuries which looked to seriously compromise the team, plus Cantwell not at his best. Very promising so far.

We are much stronger across the squad this year I reckon. Hernandez injured, Cantwell on bench, Mario benched. No Problem.

• Like 2

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

That wasnt really one which it why it was odd, you score a fantastic goal like that right before half time all the other players are celebrating and you just slowly stroll away like it wasnt a goal

A delayed one, made a nice heart shape with hands though. 

1 minute ago, Ray said:

Can someone explain why the goal was Hanley's error please. Because I see a runner carve through and being allowed to so easily, when Hanley was shepherding his guy🤔

Because that’s the knee-jerk reaction on here every time we concede no matter what actually happened. 

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

That wasnt really one which it why it was odd, you score a fantastic goal like that right before half time all the other players are celebrating and you just slowly stroll away emotionless like it wasnt a goal

Cooler than Cantona

Just now, Well b back said:

I thought that.

Hope his body language was not as it appeared.

He was showing the love to the Norwich fans  as it's where they would have been sitting behind the goal.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

That wasnt really one which it why it was odd, you score a fantastic goal like that right before half time all the other players are celebrating and you just slowly stroll away like it wasnt a goal

Perhaps frustration as he hasn't scored for a while / maybe even feeling under pressure from Farke somewhat after those comments about how little he had scored recently.

2 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Ben Bloom's just banned me😄

Blimey,you must have been a really bad boy then to upset Benjamin 😉

So - do we tighten up second half, maybe withdraw Placheta for someone like Tettey or McLean, or carry on as we are and look to score more?

Definitely the latter for me, Bristol should only get more open as the game goes on, and the confidence generated by a big win against a promotion rival would be really valuable.

Don’t want to see this just as Emi shows how good he can be. Hopefully it’s his usual overreaction to being fouled.

2 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

Blimey,you must have been a really bad boy then to upset Benjamin 😉

Yes. i think he's excellent, but I accused him of bias. He got very upset.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

So - do we tighten up second half, maybe withdraw Placheta for someone like Tettey or McLean, or carry on as we are and look to score more?

Definitely the latter for me, Bristol should only get more open as the game goes on, and the confidence generated by a big win against a promotion rival would be really valuable.

I would have, but hindsight says we look comfortable so far.

Looks like Emi could go off so we will see shortly I guess

Just now, Nuff Said said:

Swap him for Todd?

Feels like most of our AMs are the walking wounded at the moment..

Just now, Nuff Said said:

We were so lucky then! Fantastic attempt from Martin.

Great effort