Disco Dales Jockstrap

Rotherham game NCFC line up & match thread

14 minutes ago, Big O said:

I do believe that we have managed to pick up a left back that can’t defend. 

In his defence it's hard to motivate yourself if it doesn't matter how you play.  He is almost undroppable being the only left back we have

Edited by seanthecanary

10 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

Rotherham's high pressing and closing down our defense's outlet is very impressive. Our defense don't actually know how to pass their way out with an idea in mind.

Well done to Rotherham. I'll be very impressed if they're able to maintain the high level of pressure for the entire game.

It’s what every team do to us.

theres no fitness or pace in the team for us to counter it back

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

All huff and puff and zero quality at the moment.

We need Max and Xavi further up the pitch. 

We could play a wing back system.

Oh no, we can't, we don't have three centre backs!

7 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

If we don't win today, what's that, 1 win in how many league games?

What’s it matter, the books are balanced and the joke owners stay on a little while longer. Seriously, people laugh at the way this club is run. 

Just now, lake district canary said:

I'd rather be accused of delusional dreaming than serial complaining.....

Shouldn't you be getting to work on preparing your delusional lecture in the event of us losing ?

• Like 1

Just now, lake district canary said:

It'll be a  game of two halves. Rotherham will tighten up and we will improve dramatically.

What a load of rubbish

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Idah off for Pukki soon I reckon. 

Imagine playing a striker on the left wing.

Farke has not got a clue. He’s had his one good season, he can go now. This is absolute drivel.

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Idah off for Pukki soon I reckon. 

If true to form it will be about the 82 minute mark.

• Like 1

How long is Farke allowed? Our current record over 30 games must be the worst in our entire history. 
I keep hearing how good we are but all I see is a team that concedes soft goals and scores few at the other end. 
I see millions roll into the coffers via promotion, parachute payments and player sales yet next to nothing spent in comparison to shore up a defence that has leaked goals for years. 

I like Farke - I want to believe we can do well but I Can’t be the only one whose patience is running out now. 

I’m not quite sure I follow the logic of picking this game to start Hugill, against a physical side - surely that’s their bread and butter and it’s better to use guile and skill?

We definitely need to find our shooting boots, and quickly - for all our decent approach play we’ll have not scored in 3 games if we don’t find the net in the second half.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

It's on Buffstreams, but you need click Swansea game for some reason.

I will use IFollow willingly, but I await my refund for the last no-show that I have applied for and they have promised. 

Have you noticed where they are streaming it from? For a second our website popped up 🤨

Can't defend. Can't score. Does not bode well. 

Must be much better 2nd half.

Edited by lharman7

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

I’m not quite sure I follow the logic of picking this game to start Hugill, against a physical side - surely that’s their bread and butter and it’s better to use guile and skill?

We definitely need to find our shooting boots, and quickly - for all our decent approach play we’ll have not scored in 3 games if we don’t find the net in the second half.

There’s no point playing a striker, the football is dreadful and the creation of forward balls is at a minimum.

this honestly reminds me of the first year of Farke, it’s horrific.

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It'll be a  game of two halves. Rotherham will tighten up and we will improve dramatically.

Seriously chap, let us all know what drugs you are on, I think we'd all like some

Just now, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Seriously chap, let us all know what drugs you are on, I think we'd all like some

Please Lakey! Sharing is caring! And I think we could all do with some to get us through the 2nd half

4 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

What’s it matter, the books are balanced and the joke owners stay on a little while longer. Seriously, people laugh at the way this club is run. 

A) no they dont and B) all businesses have to balance the books.

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

I disagree. Hugil has experience roughing up championship defenses.

The problem is Farke is not catering for Hugil by playing a striker wide left and a non traditional type wide right player.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

LDC I always admire your positivity and I too am a NCFC optimist but I am getting a little worried. We look confused and not half the side we were two years ago.

whilst I also agree with the model of getting young talent and developing them, I think you also need to sign a few players that improve you. We haven’t signed one player permanently in 3 windows now that has actually improved us not one. Yes I also hope that all of the talent comes through quickly and we go on a brilliant run but at the moment we look anything but too 6 material in this league. I hope I eat my words on 90 mins and we have had  chances today but we’ve given Rotherham 2 or 3 good chances and are making them look good when they come forwards.

I am concerned. 

It's just too easy for teams to play against us as we are completely predictable. I thought we had bought some players who would give us a different option but we are just playing them out of position. Defensively the team remains a complete shambles and it has been this way since Farke arrived, covered up by one season where Pukki played out of his skin and we got a bit lucky.

The problem isn't just the back four (though we haven't got a full back at the club who can defend), it's in the middle where we lack the ability to hunt and win the ball back. Just look at how Rotherham completely dominated us in midfield in that first half. Our front 5 were not involved defensively at all. You can't defend against 10 men with 6.

• Like 1

Some decent moments on the break but it seems to me that it just hasn't clicked. No more unfocussed players to blame so hopefully it improves.

My change wouldn't actually be the central midfielders today, I'd bring on a proper winger.

Looks like one of those games where if we get the equaliser, we'll go on to win it. Rotherham's pressing seems to have been brilliant, but keeping up that kind of push for 90 minutes is always very hard work. We've had chances.

Same problem as every week. A small, slow team full of players who can't dribble, control or hold onto a football trying to brainlessly play one touch tippy tappy rubbish as if the opposition isn't there. Then whenever we try to mix it up we haven't got the quality in the team to play longer passes. We have no composure or conviction in anything we do, it's all so languid until our chance comes then we panic and completely bottle it. 

We'd probably be one of the top teams in the Spanish or German second divisions. In the Championship we are woefully short in so many key areas. This is going to be a relegation battle this year. A change of coach or a couple of new players in Jan won't change that either. This whole squad has too many easily exploitable fatal flaws that make it extremely tough to win games

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Looks like one of those games where if we get the equaliser, we'll go on to win it. Rotherham's pressing seems to have been brilliant, but keeping up that kind of push for 90 minutes is always very hard work. We've had chances.

That's true when you are in form, as it stands we dont look composed enough to take our chances or for that matter to avoid overplaying and trying to force it.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

If true to form it will be about the 82 minute mark.

Farke has been making subs much earlier this season to his credit! Although there isn't much else you can say to his credit at the moment, it must be said.

What has happened to Buendia? Looks a shell of the player we saw last year.

Quintilla looks a total liability, Hanley a howler waiting to happen, a few extremely nervy looking touches in that first half, seemed to get caught under the ball for the goal as well. Really hard to look at this defence and not question why we haven't given ourselves more options.

Steipermann probably just about our liveliest player so far, but he probably has as bad a case of a 50p foot as anyone else.

Just now, 1902 said:

That's true when you are in form, as it stands we dont look composed enough to take our chances or for that matter to avoid overplaying and trying to force it.

A fair point, I just think a goal will put a fair bit of confidence back in the team.