Everyone saying Leeds may fail next season has a point, however that could happen to any team in that division (Burnley, Newcastle, Brighton, Palace, Norwich, Watford, play off winner, Saints etc).

People on here one year ago were mentioning how Leeds wouldn't even survive this season, probably the same people. Are these same people gonna say this in a year from now if Leeds stay up? 

2 hours ago, Rob Whites said:

In a nutshell Leeds have set the standard that Norwich needs to follow which is why they keep failing when they go up.  Farke is no Bielsa and will not make players like Pukki into a player Bielsa has made Bamford, You will struggle!! 

Do me a favour and stop spouting nonsense, Bamford has had 1 good season in his whole career and had Pukki not been injured with a toe problem for the second half of our PL season he'd have probably scored as many as Bamford has got now.

So you're right, Farke is no Bielsa as he has made Pukki into a far better goalscorer over many seasons than Bielsa has made Bamford for 1.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

Everyone saying Leeds may fail next season has a point, however that could happen to any team in that division (Burnley, Newcastle, Brighton, Palace, Norwich, Watford, play off winner, Saints etc).

People on here one year ago were mentioning how Leeds wouldn't even survive this season, probably the same people. Are these same people gonna say this in a year from now if Leeds stay up? 

Who has said those teams you mention may not struggle? I am sure all of us on here would agree with your first statement, but this thread is about you lot.

There are plenty of examples of teams who have struggled in their second season and plenty of those who didn't. You are hoping that you are in the latter category and you base that on what you have already, coupled with an improvement across the board (which is a sign of progression of course) . Lots of teams have been in the first category and thought they were well set for their second season and blown it. 

Personally, I don't think you will be one of the relegated sides next season, but please do not come on here, expecting a reasonable debate, when you spout that nonsense about standards, Farke, Pukki and Bamford

2 hours ago, Rob Whites said:

In a nutshell Leeds have set the standard that Norwich needs to follow which is why they keep failing when they go up.  Farke is no Bielsa and will not make players like Pukki into a player Bielsa has made Bamford, You will struggle!! 

Lets hope they give you cash to spend otherwise it will be an easy 6 points for Leeds next season. 

Ha ha, in a nutshell, you’re talking **** as per usual.

Pukki played more than the second half of the PL season carrying an injury or 2 so can’t judge him on that, BUT...

He scored 9 goals in his first 17 Premier League games prior to fracturing his toe which he had to carry for the rest of the season, and also a hamstring injury.

The mighty Patrick Bamford, or ‘Lady Diana’ as I once coined him on here, managed exactly the same amount in those first 17 games. Unfortunately for him though, Bamford’s has since only managed a paltry SIX goals in the best part of FIVE months. Not great, is it? Maybe Bielsa needs a bigger wand...

Not to mention several of his goals were also put on a plate via penalties, but we’ll let him off that or Bielsa’s ‘magic’ will look even less incredible or however you put it. Never mind - it was a valiant effort from yourself to make your player and manager sound better than they are though, but a little fact checking confirmed what I was expecting : )

Pukki and Bamford are completely different types of forwards so comparisons are futile, the former is an out and out goalscorer whereas the latter's job also entails bringing others into the action, if you look at the goals per games stats there's actually not too much between them - Pukki  one every 2.6, Bamford one every 2.9, it will interesting to see what happens next year when both are playing in the same league. 

10 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Ha ha, in a nutshell, you’re talking **** as per usual.

Pukki played more than the second half of the PL season carrying an injury or 2 so can’t judge him on that, BUT...

He scored 9 goals in his first 17 Premier League games prior to fracturing his toe which he had to carry for the rest of the season, and also a hamstring injury.

The mighty Patrick Bamford, or ‘Lady Diana’ as I once coined him on here, managed exactly the same amount in those first 17 games. Unfortunately for him though, Bamford’s has since only managed a paltry SIX goals in the best part of FIVE months. Not great, is it? Maybe Bielsa needs a bigger wand...

Not to mention several of his goals were also put on a plate via penalties, but we’ll let him off that or Bielsa’s ‘magic’ will look even less incredible or however you put it. Never mind - it was a valiant effort from yourself to make your player and manager sound better than they are though, but a little fact checking confirmed what I was expecting : )

Its not just about goals though is it, its what a player does for the team. We get goals (and lots of them) from different positions of the pitch so we don't need to rely on Bamford alone. 

I'll be honest Bamford was pretty poor a couple of years ago and when we sold Roofe many people were shocked, however he has improved a lot in that time and has stepped up to the mark in the prem. 

Edited by Rob Whites

Pukki's more of a pressing forward. His work rate has always been impressive, so labelling him an out-and-out goalscorer is a bit flawed, IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rob Whites said:

Its not just about goals though is it, its what a player does for the team. We get goals (and lots of them) from different positions of the pitch so we don't need to rely on Bamford alone. 

I'll be honest Bamford was pretty poor a couple of years ago and when we sold Roofe many people were shocked, however he has improved a lot in that time and has stepped up to the mark in the prem. 

Well that’s alright then as we also have goals chipped in from all over the pitch. Buendia in particular, whom some pundits are saying is the greatest player the Championship has ever seen. Wouldn’t disagree with that either.

13 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Careful, the Delia apologists will come out and say “the accounts are there in black and white for everyone to see”

It’s amazing how you’ve managed to be so wide of the mark in so many ways in just one short sentence.

Of course, the accounts ARE there for everyone to see. So what exactly are you trying to insinuate, that Delia cooks our books as well as pockets all our spare cash? Why are you trying to make it sound so mysterious and ominous?

If you don’t think this then why would referring Lowfields to our accounts be such a bad thing for us ‘Delia apologists’,  and why would defending the fact that Delia hasn’t been syphoning money out of the club make someone an ‘apologist’?

Weird to me that anyone feels the need to make such a comment with the place the club is in right now; the management team and play style, the model, the current crop players and academy, the community feel which runs down from the owners all the way through the club.

I can’t remember a time feeling better about the current state of the club and how it is being run. We are the envy of every EFL club.

So if you’d rather discount all of that with some underhand insinuation about our ownership then I think you’re the one with the problem. 

Everyone else isn’t a Delia ‘apologist’, you’re just anti-Delia.

• Like 1

Your comparison was a Farke/Pukki v Bielsa/Bamford one. Make your mind up what you want to discuss.

I wonder how much Bielsa could have improved Buendia, over and  above what Farke has already done? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Pukki's more of a pressing forward. His work rate has always been impressive, so labelling him an out-and-out goalscorer is a bit flawed, IMO.

Agreed. Anyone who has watched Pukki playing for us regularly will have seen his work rate for the team, his ability to hold the ball up, his ability at bringing others into play and a huge unselfishness and with no ego, as well as his obvious goal scoring ability.  There are few better than him when he is in form and if he can have an injury free season, he will likely carry on scoring goals next season.

4 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Your comparison was a Farke/Pukki v Bielsa/Bamford one. Make your mind up what you want to discuss.

I wonder how much Bielsa could have improved Buendia, over and  above what Farke has already done? 

That was the comparison indeed, Crabby - until suddenly when the facts were pulled up, it wasn’t 🤣

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Buendia is a very good player, we were looking at him at one point last summer and he is one of the players you want to build around, I like Cantwell too. The Pukki/Bamford debate is pointless really, we both have our own opinions on each player but it would always be laughable to ever compare Bielsa and Farke. 

but it would always be laughable to ever compare Bielsa and Farke. 

Indeed! It would be like comparing a grandad to his grandson

1 minute ago, Rob Whites said:

Buendia is a very good player, we were looking at him at one point last summer and he is one of the players you want to build around, I like Cantwell too. The Pukki/Bamford debate is pointless really, we both have our own opinions on each player but it would always be laughable to ever compare Bielsa and Farke. 

Hang on, it's you that has started that debate and I haven't seen any Norwich fan deriding Bielsa over Farke. Both are quality managers. Just because you obviously do not know enough about Farke and how much he has achieved at such a young managerial age, is not reason for you to put chasms between them. I certainly cannot recall Leeds fans shouting for Bielsa 21 years ago, so your point is very much reactionary and misplaced.

Which players has Bielsa improved to the point that you could command 25 times the price you paid for them?

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

Indeed! It would be like comparing a grandad to his grandson

A young Bielsa then is he?.. Ok

6 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

Wouldn’t swap Farke for Bielsa in a million years 👍

Just now, Rob Whites said:

That's not what he is saying. It's about managerial experience, so don't try to twist it to suit your agenda

• Haha 1

Don’t know why this topic has become so personal. Must admit to not really liking Leeds, probably due to my old memories of them in the 60s/70s. Can even remember the satisfaction of doing them more recently. However, despite them being a team sporting the most crap haircuts, they have at times played really good football and have, to my knowledge, spent a lot of money. If Jack Duckworth - sorry, Bielsa stays expect more of the same next year. We Seouls reserve our vitriol for the real plastic supporters, i.e Man C/U, Liverpool , Chelsea etc. 

3 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

Much better than that. It's notable he loves Leeds so much he can't be bothered to learn how to communicate in English.

Edited by horsefly

5 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Hang on, it's you that has started that debate and I haven't seen any Norwich fan deriding Bielsa over Farke. Both are quality managers. Just because you obviously do not know enough about Farke and how much he has achieved at such a young managerial age, is not reason for you to put chasms between them. I certainly cannot recall Leeds fans shouting for Bielsa 21 years ago, so your point is very much reactionary and misplaced.

Which players has Bielsa improved to the point that you could command 25 times the price you paid for them?

Bielsa has improved a whole team. Most of the team were 14th in the championship before he took over. 

The big test is next season, im not going to say anymore on this but we will wait and see what Farke does next season. If he is as good as you say he is then he will have you comfortably staying up next season. No excuses. 

I'll be keeping an eye out and publicly hold my hands up if they finish well inside the table. 

See you next season. 👍

Edited by Rob Whites

3 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

Bielsa has improved a whole team. Most of the team were 14th in the championship before he took over. 

The big test is next season, im not going to say anymore on this but we will wait and see what Farke does next season. If he is as good as you say he is then he will have you comfortably staying up next season. No excuses. 

See you next season. 👍

You are, again, mixing up the dialogue. 

You don't want to acknowledge (or perhaps you have no idea) what Farke has actually done with what he had at his disposal at such a young managerial age, because that would invalidate some of your previous comments

Edited by Crabbycanary3

21 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

It’s amazing how you’ve managed to be so wide of the mark in so many ways in just one short sentence.

Of course, the accounts ARE there for everyone to see. So what exactly are you trying to insinuate, that Delia cooks our books as well as pockets all our spare cash? Why are you trying to make it sound so mysterious and ominous?

If you don’t think this then why would referring Lowfields to our accounts be such a bad thing for us ‘Delia apologists’,  and why would defending the fact that Delia hasn’t been syphoning money out of the club make someone an ‘apologist’?

Weird to me that anyone feels the need to make such a comment with the place the club is in right now; the management team and play style, the model, the current crop players and academy, the community feel which runs down from the owners all the way through the club.

I can’t remember a time feeling better about the current state of the club and how it is being run. We are the envy of every EFL club.

So if you’d rather discount all of that with some underhand insinuation about our ownership then I think you’re the one with the problem. 

Everyone else isn’t a Delia ‘apologist’, you’re just anti-Delia.

I am sparing the poster the usual comebacks you hear on here.

“We are the envy of every EFL club”. Love the ambition-less yellow and green tinted glasses you wear. 

I love how offended you seem to have got from my one sentence. Seems you have a problem with anyone with a differing opinion to your own.

I'll be keeping an eye out and publicly hold my hands up if they finish well inside the table. 

See you next season. 👍

Yep, and by the same token, I’ll be looking to see what talent this hype job Bielsa brings through the Leeds youth academy into your first team next season. Not a lot I suspect judging by Bielsa’s first few years there. Farke on the other hand... 🥇

Just a reminder of one area where Bamford "excels" over Pukki:

Edited by horsefly

18 hours ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Its called sensible recruitment.

How much would you say Raphinha is worth now? bad business?

Llorente and Koch, international centre backs, missing through injury but now back fully fit and playing excellent, bad business?

Rodrigo - 2 class goals today, again.... missing for large parts through injury, full pre season and he will be on fire.

You make it sound as if its bad to run the club within strict financial constraints, whilst investing the TV revenue money to improve the squad with good, astute signings.

The other signings were loans with an obligation to buy once promotion was sealed - £5 million for Meslier - another absolute snip.

Lets see your recruitment policy this summer, should be a giggle.

Leeds fans eh...special😁

Not a fan of Leeds but give them their due they’ve played good football and deserved their position. 
When is the squatter going to at least attempt the English language