1 hour ago, daly said:

Can’t fault the BOD remarks from Rob Whites we have been a yo-yo club

Is that what the BOD want or are we going to spend the season hoping results of other teams go our way 

We have been given a second chance after last season’s mistakes 

Given a second chance, interesting choice of words.

We've earned the right to go back up due to great management from the top and being the best team on the pitch, no second chance has been given.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think this all goes back to 'entitlement', most Leeds fans along with other fans of clubs with a decent fan base (Derby, Forest, Sunderland etc) think they belong in the PL no matter what when in reality it's about getting there and staying there on merit. 

14 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I don’t aspire for us to be Leeds, I aspire for us to be better than Leeds. I wouldn’t trade Webber and Farke for their hierarchy. Back what we have and we can be a good premiership team.

They have built on last season with some good signings. We spend about £1.5m and a few loans and end up on 21 points. I look at them, not with envy. But question how far we could go with similar backing!

The thing is if you want  the club we have now to be richer then it is possible but not by the owners selling up to someone else. You won't find new owners buying the club and investing in it yet tied by the model we have built. They will have their own ideas and appoint their own people.

12 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

She’s scored again, Bamford having a great season. 

He's just trying to get as many as possible before the mighty Pukki comes back into the league. 😉

On 17/05/2021 at 16:34, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Given a second chance, interesting choice of words.

We've earned the right to go back up due to great management from the top and being the best team on the pitch, no second chance has been given.

Farke has been given the second chance. 

Its brill talking about "great management" but will the funds be available to you though? If Farke is as good as you make out then you should definitely stay up with just a couple of additions. If you struggle then is he the messiah you all think? 

Edited by Rob Whites

7 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

Its brill talking about "great management" but will the funds be available to you though? If Farke is as good as you make out then you should definitely stay up with just a couple of additions. If you struggle then is he the messiah you all think? 

Farke will manage in the Champions League during his career.

2 hours ago, Rob Whites said:

Farke hasn't been given a second chance.

Amazes me how many fans come on here from other clubs spouting nonsense without knowing the facts.

When we got promoted last time there was no expectation of being promoted, financially it was in a mess and needed sorting which is what Webber had done, even after promotion the club planned for 20th as we knew due to previous financial failings the finances needed sorting and the money received help do this plus allowed the club to improve on the training facilities so we could be/would be stronger for another go at being promoted.

Farke was never in danger of losing his job so hasn't been given any second chance, he's still on his first chance.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Amazes me how many fans come on here from other clubs spouting nonsense without knowing the facts.

When we got promoted last time there was no expectation of being promoted, financially it was in a mess and needed sorting which is what Webber had done, even after promotion the club planned for 20th as we knew due to previous financial failings the finances needed sorting and the money received help do this plus allowed the club to improve on the training facilities so we could be/would be stronger for another go at being promoted.

Farke was never in danger of losing his job so hasn't been given any second chance, he's still on his first chance.

Don't tell him Pike!

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

I dont mean given a chance by the board but for his own C.V. If he will one day manage in the champions league then he will need backing by the board at Norwich otherwise he will leave. In previous years and what a lot of Norwich fans are saying the board has always been reluctant to spend in the prem which is why you are always up and down. Farke surely will want guarantees this time. 

4 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

I dont mean given a chance by the board but for his own C.V. If he will one day manage in the champions league then he will need backing by the board at Norwich otherwise he will leave. In previous years and what a lot of Norwich fans are saying the board has always been reluctant to spend in the prem which is why you are always up and down. Farke surely will want guarantees this time. 

It's not a case of reluctance, it's just we can't spend above our means. And when we have, it's come round to bite us, case and point is Ricky Van Wolfswinkel and Naismith. 

I think most Norwich fans accept this fact, bar the ones that post crock on Facebook. 

You should consider yourself lucky that Leeds can take the gamble of spending 10+ mill on a player and if it doesn't work out it won't make much difference. We on the other hand have to do so much due diligence as the margins for error are so slight. 

4 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

I don't think the argument was being made that Farke would manage/head coach Norwich City in the Champions League...

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I don't think the argument was being made that Farke would manage/head coach Norwich City in the Champions League...

Sorry, yes I gathered that. What I should have said is if he is good enough to manage a top 4 team then he would need to be kept happy at Norwich if you don't ever want him to leave. Having said that no manager is bigger than the club. 

I suppose its a vicious circle, if the board won't back any manager in the prem then its up what type of manager would relish the chance for the job with little funds to play with. 

You do have the core of a good squad and the likes of Buendia would quickly jump ship. 

You do have a good youth system though. 

22 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

Sorry, yes I gathered that. What I should have said is if he is good enough to manage a top 4 team then he would need to be kept happy at Norwich if you don't ever want him to leave. Having said that no manager is bigger than the club. 

I suppose its a vicious circle, if the board won't back any manager in the prem then its up what type of manager would relish the chance for the job with little funds to play with. 

You do have the core of a good squad and the likes of Buendia would quickly jump ship. 

You do have a good youth system though. 

That’s the key thing Rob, it’s that we as a clubs supporters on whole accept that we are limited in our way of operating. We know we have to sell when big clubs come in, our players have a value to which we won’t stand in their way.

We count ourselves lucky to have really found a good formula in the director of football and head coach system, building on a very strong youth academy and scouting system.

If we survive this year and Webber does go, we already have the next Webber ready to takeover, like the old Liverpool bootroom managers of old, they had a conveyor belt system. With that we don’t require to sell this season, we have already invested 15 million on two players who have improved our team in Giannoulis and Gibson, certainly good enough for the premiership, and if we do sell Aarons we have an exciting young player ready to step in and give it his best in Mumba.

Admittedly in the centre of the park we are weak, we really need a strong signing in DM and possibly a box to box midfielder, then we do need a striker who can push Pukki, Idah is a talent and if he fulfils his potential this year will have a impact, but really we can’t rely on that so we do need a good striker. Hugill isn’t anywhere near good enough, yet he’s great to have round the dressing room and has won most fans here with his attitude more than his on field impact.

I for one don’t see us good enough as I don’t believe we’ll have the strength in depth of quality and as previous seasons it’s injuries which have cost us premiership survival. But the way this club is run and the way it’s going is certainly to be credited by other clubs fans, it certainly shouldn’t be criticised, self funded and sustainable football club should be every fans dream.

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

Leeds have had a great season, I’m actually surprised when they don’t pick points up now, they have that winning mentality.

Leeds could struggle next season but it’s more likely they will match or better this seasons points haul. 

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Anybody know if those Blades fans are ok? Haven't seen them for months. 

It still baffles me as to why fans of other clubs hit up rival forums purely to cause grief. 

16 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Anybody know if those Blades fans are ok? Haven't seen them for months. 

Maybe they are on the Leeds forum? Is it a Yorkshire thing?

Ps Without the Bucket Sitter Leeds would be failing in this years Championship playoffs 

I haven't read this whole thing but the last page or so sums up the differences between the two teams off the pitch. No one seems to have mentioned the similarities on the pitch. The way Leeds play now is very good to watch and not that dissimilar to us. They break fast and shoot accurately.; they use Bamford as we use Pukki; they have Harrison; we have Cantwell; they have Phillips, we had Skipp; they have Ayling; we have Aarons etc. There are very similar players throughout. We both now have strong centre back pairings. They don't have a Buendia and they don't have a Krul but to be honest those are probably our only two players who would start in their team.

They have improved their players hugely in the last two years (as have we) and have added some real quality (as have we) as well as physicality and non stop movement - that's what we're now waiting to find out. 

If we can go anywhere near matching them and maintaining a very watchable style of football I will be very happy. We need a Skipp replacement and some meaty back up players but there is no reason why we can't do what they have done.

2 hours ago, sgncfc said:

I haven't read this whole thing but the last page or so sums up the differences between the two teams off the pitch. No one seems to have mentioned the similarities on the pitch. The way Leeds play now is very good to watch and not that dissimilar to us. They break fast and shoot accurately.; they use Bamford as we use Pukki; they have Harrison; we have Cantwell; they have Phillips, we had Skipp; they have Ayling; we have Aarons etc. There are very similar players throughout. We both now have strong centre back pairings. They don't have a Buendia and they don't have a Krul but to be honest those are probably our only two players who would start in their team.

They have improved their players hugely in the last two years (as have we) and have added some real quality (as have we) as well as physicality and non stop movement - that's what we're now waiting to find out. 

If we can go anywhere near matching them and maintaining a very watchable style of football I will be very happy. We need a Skipp replacement and some meaty back up players but there is no reason why we can't do what they have done.

Stopped reading that when you said that only Buendia and Krul would get in their side.

I don't rate Ayling nor Alioski so I think Aarons and Dimi would improve their full back options and Pukki Vs Bamford is debatable; mainly because they are different types of centre forwards but based on scoring records Pukki is streets ahead.

Bamford has had one good season but suits their system but he's not better than Pukki.

Out of the current City squad I can only see Buendia, Aarons and Krul getting near a Leeds starting XI. I know Pukki has a better goals per game ratio than Bamford but he's several years older and I'm not sure he'd fit in with how Leeds play.   

2 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Stopped reading that when you said that only Buendia and Krul would get in their side.

I don't rate Ayling nor Alioski so I think Aarons and Dimi would improve their full back options and Pukki Vs Bamford is debatable; mainly because they are different types of centre forwards but based on scoring records Pukki is streets ahead.

Bamford has had one good season but suits their system but he's not better than Pukki.

Im unsure why people slag Bamford off. He was probably quite poor a few seasons back but he is a very good player now and that is down to hard work. Pukki has a much better championship scoring record than Bamford granted but then so did Dwight Gayle but look how hopeless he is in the prem. I'm not convinced Pukki is a better overall player than Bamford and im not convinced he does as much for the team. Leeds don't need to rely on him as their only scorer but the the team is notably stronger when he is in it. When Fifa scores a player they dont just use their goals to give that player a higher score so really Pukki scoring more championship goals than Bamford doesn't sum up how good that player is. So really you can't say Pukki is better than Bamford because I really don't think he is. Maybe check the fifa stats though 😏

Alioski I agree with but Ayling is a vital cog in the team. 

Edited by Rob Whites

6 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

Im unsure why people slag Bamford off. He was probably quite poor a few seasons back but he is a very good player now and that is down to hard work. Pukki has a much better championship scoring record than Bamford granted but then so did Dwight Gayle but look how hopeless he is in the prem. I'm not convinced Pukki is a better overall player than Bamford and im not convinced he does as much for the team. Leeds don't need to rely on him as their only scorer but the the team is notably stronger when he is in the team. When Fifa scores a player they dont just use their goals to give that player a higher score so really Pukki scoring more championship goals than Bamford doesn't sum up how good that player is. So really you can't say Pukki is better than Bamford because I really don't think he is. Maybe check the fifa stats though 😏

Oh my word! Lolzzzz

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Perhaps if you'd kept reading you'd have understood more. Nowhere did I say that Bamford is better than Pukki but don't you let that get in the way of an aggressive response. Some people on this forum really do hide behind their keyboard to pretend to be something they clearly can't be in real life.

On 16/05/2021 at 10:58, Alex Moss said:

Well that’s alright then as we also have goals chipped in from all over the pitch. Buendia in particular, whom some pundits are saying is the greatest player the Championship has ever seen. Wouldn’t disagree with that either.

Buendia would get in a lot of the mid to lower prem teams, he is a great player, however better than Grealish as he was in the championship only a couple of years ago? I think that's some statement to make. 

Grealish is a lot of things but he is a fantastic player which is why he has nearly a  £60m price tag according to Transfermark. Whether or not you agree he will be playing in a top 4 team soon. 

Edited by Rob Whites

22 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

Buendia would get in a lot of the mid to lower prem teams, he is a great player, however better than Grealish as he was in the championship only a couple of years ago? I think that's some statement to make. 

Grealish is a lot of things but he is a fantastic player which is why he has nearly a  £60m price tag according to Transfermark. Whether or not you agree he will be playing in a top 4 team soon. 

To be fair Buendia’s stats stack up to Grealish and like for like I’d rather Buendia any day than Grealish. 

1 hour ago, Rob Whites said:

Im unsure why people slag Bamford off. He was probably quite poor a few seasons back but he is a very good player now and that is down to hard work. Pukki has a much better championship scoring record than Bamford granted but then so did Dwight Gayle but look how hopeless he is in the prem. I'm not convinced Pukki is a better overall player than Bamford and im not convinced he does as much for the team. Leeds don't need to rely on him as their only scorer but the the team is notably stronger when he is in it. When Fifa scores a player they dont just use their goals to give that player a higher score so really Pukki scoring more championship goals than Bamford doesn't sum up how good that player is. So really you can't say Pukki is better than Bamford because I really don't think he is. Maybe check the fifa stats though 😏

Alioski I agree with but Ayling is a vital cog in the team. 

There is maybe a debate to be had on Bamford v Pukki right now but ****ing hell, fifa stats? 

49 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Perhaps if you'd kept reading you'd have understood more. Nowhere did I say that Bamford is better than Pukki but don't you let that get in the way of an aggressive response. Some people on this forum really do hide behind their keyboard to pretend to be something they clearly can't be in real life.

Calm down princess, I didn't say that you did and I was responding to you saying that only Buendia and Krul would get in the side.

I don't need to hide behind anything, if you don't like my reply or my opinion then that's your choice but my post wasn't even remotely aggressive.

6 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

It still baffles me as to why fans of other clubs hit up rival forums purely to cause grief. 

Hasn’t been many Leeds fans here for years, one good season in the PL and here they are for some reason. A 15 page thread on the front page, can tell the seasons over and not much to talk about yet.