Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

National

94,432 -  438   the usual wekend under reporting backfill

rate of decrease of  38.9%           1.36 million tests

Local

Norwich   West rate             1021  down  massively             Local   R  estimated 1 - 1.3

N & N Patients

11-01-2022                                      111
10-01-2022 115
09-01-2022 110
08-01-2022 112
07-01-2022 103

Vax  

1st Dose           15,748                90.7% done                               Norwich numbers   78.9%        Booster rate 54.8%     

2nd Dose          26,502                 83.4% done                                                                 73%

Booster    73,267    total          36,546,583                63.6%   lots of people seem reluctant to have the booster, plenty available, few customers.

In Hospital 

17-01-2022                                              19,450
16-01-2022 19,224
15-01-2022 19,114
14-01-2022 19,370
13-01-2022 19,598
12-01-2022 19,781

That annoying but understandable  deaths backfill has  created the first time over 400 deaths in a day since February last year..

You mention lots seem reluctant to take the booster Ricardo..i dont know what the actual evidence is for the reasons of the current uptake, but  ive questioned this before, is there still a 3 month wait required  in between 2nd jab and getting a booster?. Anyway, i checked back 3 months to around 16th October and the total having had 2nd jab then stood at around 78%...if around 63% have been boostered now thats a 15% difference taking into account the 3 month rule...if that still applies. A few  points  should be knocked off that 15% considering how many hundreds of thousands, maybe many more, that are isolating right now.

Agree that a certain amount no doubt do seem reluctant to be boostered, but whether its " a lot" i dont know.

I got a letter today from NHS saying according to their records I haven't had a second jab or booster.

Instead of wasting money on postage they could have looked at my Covid pass App and seen that I've had three.

It doesn't give you a lot of confidence when they can't get their own records right.

18 hours ago, Well b back said:

This is not hindsight please feel free to read my posts about how he did nothing about the variants something Cummings tonight has chosen to make public. 
Many countries vaccine roll outs were as good as ours and many better ( that is not to say ours was not spectacular ) even if they got of to a slow start. Boris has unfortunately completely f***** up the boosters and  his ego will cost the British taxpayers billions over the next few months, with hubs standing empty and millions of vaccine doses wasted. The major countries plan was to vaccinate the world, unfortunately the only countries that attempted that were Russia and China and that was for political gain.

We have recently shut our vaccine production plants leaving Europe to manufacture 2 billion doses a year as well as all the proven treatments. Let’s hope that lie doesn’t bite him on the bum come next winter, and likewise by not vaccinating the world we hope again that that is not counter productive.

That's dreadful news WBB, I know you're always solid on the news you report but really this is incredible.  Why are the MSM not picking this up instead of banging on constantly about parties lat year ?  I'm not saying the parties should be ignored, but their non-stop focus on that one issue is not helpful IMO.

2 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

That annoying but understandable  deaths backfill has  created the first time over 400 deaths in a day since February last year..

We have had a couple of days of 80 due to incomplete weekend reporting so if you avaerage it out we are still running at the 240/250 mark

Heres the latest update on the models v actuals

4 hours ago, Mark .Y. said:

We are really not manufacturing any covid-19 vaccine in the UK any longer Wbb ??

I will find the article for you, can’t remember which thread I put it on, but will probably be tomorrow or Friday when I can find it.

• Thanks 1

No vaccinations ( not that there are large amounts these days ) where I was working in a couple of days time as large scale anti vax protests planned so closed ‘ for the safety and welfare of our staff members. ‘

W******

2 hours ago, Essjayess said:

You mention lots seem reluctant to take the booster Ricardo..i dont know what the actual evidence is for the reasons of the current uptake, but  ive questioned this before, is there still a 3 month wait required  in between 2nd jab and getting a booster?. Anyway, i checked back 3 months to around 16th October and the total having had 2nd jab then stood at around 78%...if around 63% have been boostered now thats a 15% difference taking into account the 3 month rule...if that still applies. A few  points  should be knocked off that 15% considering how many hundreds of thousands, maybe many more, that are isolating right now.

Agree that a certain amount no doubt do seem reluctant to be boostered, but whether its " a lot" i dont know.

Unfortunately it's complacency ESS. Because many think 'its over' they aren't bothering. 

Message has got lost.

11 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Unfortunately it's complacency ESS. Because many think 'its over' they aren't bothering. 

Message has got lost.

Isn’t ESS querying whether “a lot” actually are hesitant to get boosted? Seems to me that he is saying the majority who have had two vaccines have been boosted, especially when you factor in the things he mentions. 

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

We have had a couple of days of 80 due to incomplete weekend reporting so if you avaerage it out we are still running at the 240/250 mark

Heres the latest update on the models v actuals

Interesting really - until a week or two ago it looked pretty much in line with the “middle” modelling (perhaps even worse a lot of the time), but now looks like it’s levelling off even quicker than the “lower” estimate. If it was just a case of the modelling being cautious on severity, you’d think deaths would have been lower throughout. Suggests infections dropping sooner than they thought being one of the main reasons rather than lesser severity?

• Like 1

I haven't looked at this thread for several days but note that Zoe is STILL at 149K. Yes it's slowing but not as fast as some think.

I rather suspect the daily positive cases on the dashboard (with the new relaxed reporting systems) are somewhat misleading!

Anyway ONS as ever will tell the truth.

13 hours ago, Mark .Y. said:

I did know about that Ricardo but not sure where things are with it. Just seemed incredible to me that we would stop manufacturing the vaccine.

Yep astonishing and very disappointing if correct.

In September 2021 it was noted in an article in the Times that the AstraZeneca vaccine was being "sidelined" in the booster campaign.

If factually correct, why would this be?  The AZ vaccine is (or was) manufactured in the UK and has a significantly lower unit cost than the rest.  

Lack of proven efficacy? or politically driven, based on the company's decision to relocate manufacturing within the EU among other places? (thank you Brexit).  Or a bit of both?

Just asking.

Edited by benchwarmer

1 hour ago, benchwarmer said:

In September 2021 it was noted in an article in the Times that the AstraZeneca vaccine was being "sidelined" in the booster campaign.

If factually correct, why would this be?  The AZ vaccine is (or was) manufactured in the UK and has a significantly lower unit cost than the rest.  

Lack of proven efficacy? or politically driven, based on the company's decision to relocate manufacturing within the EU among other places? (thank you Brexit).  Or a bit of both?

Just asking.

Astrazenaca vaccine is now called Vaxevira and is manufactured in several countries around the world including U.K. Germany, Netherlands, Thailand and India. The U.K. site is in Oxford.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

I haven't looked at this thread for several days but note that Zoe is STILL at 149K. Yes it's slowing but not as fast as some think.

I rather suspect the daily positive cases on the dashboard (with the new relaxed reporting systems) are somewhat misleading!

Anyway ONS as ever will tell the truth.

Todays data, all going in the right direction with more uncertainty in Northern Ireland

"This week, we are publishing estimates for the week ending 15 January 2022.

Today, we have published new data that show:

• In England, the percentage of people testing positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) decreased in the week ending 15 January 2022; we estimate that 2,984,200 people in England had COVID-19 (95% credible interval: 2,886,900 to 3,077,300), equating to around 1 in 20 people.
  • In Wales, the percentage of people testing positive for COVID-19 decreased in the week ending 15 January 2022; we estimate that 112,100 people in Wales had COVID-19 (95% credible interval: 95,200 to 128,700), equating to around 1 in 25 people.
  • In Northern Ireland, the percentage of people testing positive for COVID-19 increased in the two weeks up to 15 January 2022, but the trend was uncertain in the week ending 15 January 2022; we estimate that 104,300 people in Northern Ireland had COVID-19 (95% credible interval: 89,300 to 120,600), equating to around 1 in 20 people.
  • In Scotland, the percentage of people testing positive for COVID-19 decreased in the week ending 15 January 2022; we estimate that 236,600 people in Scotland had COVID-19 (95% credible interval: 212,000 to 263,100), equating to around 1 in 20 people.
  • In England, the percentage of people testing positive decreased in all age groups in the most recent week, except those aged 2 years to school Year 6 where the percentage of people testing positive increased in the most recent week.
  • COVID-19 infections decreased in all regions in the most recent week except in the North East and the South West, where the trend was uncertain.
  • Omicron variant compatible infections continue to be dominant across all UK countries.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Todays data, all going in the right direction with more uncertainty in Northern Ireland

"This week, we are publishing estimates for the week ending 15 January 2022.

Today, we have published new data that show:

• In England, the percentage of people testing positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) decreased in the week ending 15 January 2022; we estimate that 2,984,200 people in England had COVID-19 (95% credible interval: 2,886,900 to 3,077,300), equating to around 1 in 20 people.
  • In Wales, the percentage of people testing positive for COVID-19 decreased in the week ending 15 January 2022; we estimate that 112,100 people in Wales had COVID-19 (95% credible interval: 95,200 to 128,700), equating to around 1 in 25 people.
  • In Northern Ireland, the percentage of people testing positive for COVID-19 increased in the two weeks up to 15 January 2022, but the trend was uncertain in the week ending 15 January 2022; we estimate that 104,300 people in Northern Ireland had COVID-19 (95% credible interval: 89,300 to 120,600), equating to around 1 in 20 people.
  • In Scotland, the percentage of people testing positive for COVID-19 decreased in the week ending 15 January 2022; we estimate that 236,600 people in Scotland had COVID-19 (95% credible interval: 212,000 to 263,100), equating to around 1 in 20 people.
  • In England, the percentage of people testing positive decreased in all age groups in the most recent week, except those aged 2 years to school Year 6 where the percentage of people testing positive increased in the most recent week.
  • COVID-19 infections decreased in all regions in the most recent week except in the North East and the South West, where the trend was uncertain.
  • Omicron variant compatible infections continue to be dominant across all UK countries.

Yes - Saw that at lunch time. It was very encouraging. 1in 20 from 1 in 15. I see schools went up which is kind of expected..

4th jab for immunosupressed 91 days from date of third jab. No need to wait for letter, just show previous letter from third jab and you can walk in.

Thats me, so off for another go tomoz.😀

25 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Yes - Saw that at lunch time. It was very encouraging. 1in 20 from 1 in 15. I see schools went up which is kind of expected..

You can see it in the data. Mostly the youngest cohort.

National

108,069 -  359 

rate of decrease of  37.2%           1.3 million tests

Local

Norwich   West rate             995.1  down  by a half this week            Local   R 

N & N Patients (not update yet)

11-01-2022                             111
10-01-2022 115
09-01-2022 110
08-01-2022 112

Vax  

1st Dose           18,032                90.7% done                               Norwich numbers   78.9%        Booster rate 54.9%     

2nd Dose          29,434                 83.5% done                                                                 73.1%

Booster    75,088    total          36,621,671                63.7%    plenty available, few customers.

In Hospital  (starting to fall)

18-01-2022                                              18,979
17-01-2022 19,475
16-01-2022 19,249
15-01-2022 19,131
14-01-2022 19,385
13-01-2022 19,612

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

4th jab for immunosupressed 91 days from date of third jab. No need to wait for letter, just show previous letter from third jab and you can walk in.

Thats me, so off for another go tomoz.😀

I think you will have to show a list of medications to show that you’re eligible if it's a walk in centre.

Omicron continues its global journey (i am presuming ). Japan, one of the more successful nations in keeping down Covid infections thru the different variants today recorded a  record daily high  for new infections with 29, 850. Seems Omicron will be dominant all round the world at least until the next variant with high contagion topples it.

Cannot see anything as spreading as Omicron to be honest. There will be a new variant but I’m sure those in charge will be ready for it for once.