Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

The so-called “plateauing” and “flattening” has taken all the headlines I see, nothing surprises me now with this scummy MSM. The hospital accommodation decline still don’t get the same number of mentions.

Ink waiting to dry on a piece of paper after the 2017 election, now all this dithering over a report.

This country really can be a joke at times :(.

Edited by KernowCanary

National

72,727 -  296

rate of decrease of  3.2%           1.28 million tests

Local

Norwich   West rate             666.3

N & N Patients

25-01-2022                                         83
24-01-2022 87
23-01-2022 91
22-01-2022 92

Vax  

1st Dose           16,370                91% done                               Norwich numbers   79.3%        Booster rate 56.1%     

2nd Dose          32,964                 84.1% done                                                              73.7%

Booster    53,124    total          37,211,022                64.7%   

In Hospital

27-01-2022                                      16,149
26-01-2022 16,514
25-01-2022 16,608
24-01-2022 17,210

33 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Latest on models v reality

Did they have a similar graph showing infections/case numbers?

National

62,399 -  85

rate of decrease of  6.5%           1.28 million tests

Local

Norwich   West rate             804.7  bit of a rise locally

N & N Patients

24-01-2022 87
23-01-2022 91
22-01-2022 92

Vax  

1st Dose           17,652                91% done                               Norwich numbers   79.3%        Booster rate 56.2%     

2nd Dose          37,477                 84.1% done                                                              73.7%

Booster    52,295    total          37,263,317                64.8%   

In Hospital

27-01-2022                                      16,149
26-01-2022 16,514
25-01-2022 16,608
24-01-2022 17,210

Just what I’ve been thinking some time about the scummy MSM and their narrative. Just because Dr John wants to keep us positive and not scare, the BBC start on him.

1 hour ago, KernowCanary said:

Just what I’ve been thinking some time about the scummy MSM and their narrative. Just because Dr John wants to keep us positive and not scare, the BBC start on him.

I did find it odd how he was being attacked for saying this. I watched the vid in question and he gave all the context about preexisting conditions etc. and didn't see anything particularly wrong with it. Maybe some of his titles are a bit clickbaity now and he went a bit weird with the Ivermectin stuff (allbeit not actually concluding it worked necessarily) but he's generally been pretty reliable from what I've seen.

I dunno who the chap defending him is so not really got much of an opinion on him.

Ah well... reinfections added tomorrow, all the bed wetters will be like kids at Christmas waiting to get their sweaty thumbs out to tweet about them no doubt 😆

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

I did find it odd how he was being attacked for saying this. I watched the vid in question and he gave all the context about preexisting conditions etc. and didn't see anything particularly wrong with it. Maybe some of his titles are a bit clickbaity now and he went a bit weird with the Ivermectin stuff (allbeit not actually concluding it worked necessarily) but he's generally been pretty reliable from what I've seen.

I dunno who the chap defending him is so not really got much of an opinion on him.

Ah well... reinfections added tomorrow, all the bed wetters will be like kids at Christmas waiting to get their sweaty thumbs out to tweet about them no doubt 😆

All while rubbing their hands together in glee, no doubt about it!.

Yup, overall he’s really good and honest, although the Ivermectin stuff was a bit confusing, the rest of his stuff was and is excellent.

6 hours ago, KernowCanary said:

All while rubbing their hands together in glee, no doubt about it!.

Yup, overall he’s really good and honest, although the Ivermectin stuff was a bit confusing, the rest of his stuff was and is excellent.

Never mind the BBC , the ONS ( whose figures "Dr " John Campbell loves to quote ) has stated that  "to suggest that the 17,000 figure represents the real extent of deaths from the virus is both factually incorrect and highly misleading" . Why that is so has already been posted on here , as has his complete misunderstanding  and misuse of life expectancy figures. Well done the BBC for highlighting this man's  nonsense.

You can read the BBC's excellent take down of his claims here :

Covid: Posts claiming only 17,000 died of virus 'factually incorrect' - BBC News

Edited by MooreMarriot
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, MooreMarriot said:

Never mind the BBC , the ONS ( whose figures "Dr " John Campbell loves to quote ) has stated that  "to suggest that the 17,000 figure represents the real extent of deaths from the virus is both factually incorrect and highly misleading" . Why that is so has already been posted on here , as has his complete misunderstanding  and misuse of life expectancy figures. Well done the BBC for highlighting this man's  nonsense.

Tim Harford investigates.👍

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0013r9w

3 hours ago, MooreMarriot said:

You can read the BBC's excellent take down of his claims here :

Covid: Posts claiming only 17,000 died of virus 'factually incorrect' - BBC News

I can't speak for some of the twats that are suggesting that but you're putting words in Dr. Campbells mouth here. He doesn't claim this in the "freedom of information revelation" video. Stating that 17000 deaths were people with no underlying conditions is factually correct as per ONS. People can then make the mistake of interpreting that as meaning the other deaths aren't that big of a deal but that's on them.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

I can't speak for some of the twats that are suggesting that but you're putting words in Dr. Campbells mouth here. He doesn't claim this in the "freedom of information revelation" video. Stating that 17000 deaths were people with no underlying conditions is factually correct as per ONS. People can then make the mistake of interpreting that as meaning the other deaths aren't that big of a deal but that's on them.

Sorry , but the ONS have stated that Campbell's interpretation of their data is factually incorrect and highly misleading.

"It is very common for the person dying to have a pre-existing health condition of some sort, but this does not mean that the person was at imminent risk of dying from that condition, or even considered to have a reduced life expectancy," the ONS explained.

It described the 17,000 figure as "factually incorrect and highly misleading".

1 hour ago, MooreMarriot said:

Sorry , but the ONS have stated that Campbell's interpretation of their data is factually incorrect and highly misleading.

"It is very common for the person dying to have a pre-existing health condition of some sort, but this does not mean that the person was at imminent risk of dying from that condition, or even considered to have a reduced life expectancy," the ONS explained.

It described the 17,000 figure as "factually incorrect and highly misleading".

it's their own terminology... perhaps they're the ones that need to revise that.

Surely if some people died but the majority lived then those who died had a pre existing condition. Let alone all the usual suspects they obviously didn't have the defence to fight off the virus. And nobody could have assessed that or even prevented it once they caught it.

So, today is the day when a new statistic, Reinfections, is added to the daily new cases total on the official dashboard, which will give rise to a daily new infections total to likely Everest proportions. Adding this will make the UK infections total even more accurate  but of course no nation can claim absolute accuracy on any stat concerning Covid.

While the huge added increase in infections will temporarily seem abnormally scary it will to naturally cause a slight decrease in the % of deaths per head of population. So, swings and roundabouts, which is what Covid is all about i guess.

1 hour ago, Essjayess said:

So, today is the day when a new statistic, Reinfections, is added to the daily new cases total on the official dashboard, which will give rise to a daily new infections total to likely Everest proportions. Adding this will make the UK infections total even more accurate  but of course no nation can claim absolute accuracy on any stat concerning Covid.

While the huge added increase in infections will temporarily seem abnormally scary it will to naturally cause a slight decrease in the % of deaths per head of population. So, swings and roundabouts, which is what Covid is all about i guess.

Decrease in percentage of deaths per infection presumably rather than per head of population?

3 hours ago, Aggy said:

Decrease in percentage of deaths per infection presumably rather than per head of population?

Yes Aggy, that is correct, thx for puttimg me right.

2 hours ago, Essjayess said:

Yes Aggy, that is correct, thx for puttimg me right.

I hadn’t realised how the re-infections were reported previously though. 

Am I right in thinking that before, if you tested (for example) on day 1 of symptoms it was a “new” infection, retested on day 2 and were still positive that went down as a re-infection, but if you were for instance in hospital and doing daily testing then the third and subsequent positive tests wouldn’t go on to the dashboard? Whereas now every time you test it goes down?

Why the change in methodology do you know?

National (yesterdays upadate)

92,368 -  51  case no's now include re-infections so not strictly comparable.

rate of decrease of  5%           1.28 million tests

Local

Norwich   West rate             882.6

N & N Patients

24-01-2022 87
23-01-2022 91
22-01-2022 92

Vax  

1st Dose           11,684                91% done                               Norwich numbers   79.3%        Booster rate 56.2%     

2nd Dose          27,601                 84.2% done                                                              73.8%

Booster    33,699    total          37,303,021                64.9%   

In Hospital

28-01-2022                                15,938
27-01-2022 16,176
26-01-2022 16,535
25-01-2022 16,623
24-01-2022 17,223

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Aggy said:

I hadn’t realised how the re-infections were reported previously though. 

Am I right in thinking that before, if you tested (for example) on day 1 of symptoms it was a “new” infection, retested on day 2 and were still positive that went down as a re-infection, but if you were for instance in hospital and doing daily testing then the third and subsequent positive tests wouldn’t go on to the dashboard? Whereas now every time you test it goes down?

Why the change in methodology do you know?

Tbh Aggy i know about as much as you do, i just had read a report  saying that the official dashboard would now include reinfections and that it would likely  cause a spike mountain in the new cases, but looking at the data Pete above  found its getting so dang detailed now with all those rows of stats that it looks as clear as mud to me.  I much prefer the more simplified  daily read out on Covid  that our Ricardo  provides each day, even though he likely gets it from the official dashboard to.

But better is our Ricardo than any official dashboard i say.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

National (yesterdays upadate)

112,458 -  219  case and deaths no's now include re-infections so not strictly comparable.

rate of decrease of  2.2%           1.28 million tests

Local

Norwich   West rate             925.8  has slowly risen for past four days

N & N Patients

24-01-2022 87
23-01-2022 91
22-01-2022 92

Vax  

1st Dose           15,329                91% done                               Norwich numbers   79.3%        Booster rate 56.3%     

2nd Dose          24,275                 84.2% done                                                              73.8%

Booster    39,062    total          37,342,083                64.9%   

In Hospital

31-01-2022                               15,669
30-01-2022 15,333
29-01-2022 15,068
28-01-2022 15,953
27-01-2022 16,192

Hospitals back up two days running now. “it comes after” (to quote the scummy BBC), reinfections have been added to statistics.

Time for me to keep out of this thread until it’s all over. Good to see the Twitter scientists have shut up least and some have deleted their accounts.

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Update seems a popular word at the moment.

Better than shirtlifter.😀